Why No "Summer on the Savanna Info on DVC member site

ADP

<marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu
I find it funny that nothing has been posted on the member webiste about the upcoming "Summer on the Savanna" event for DVC members. The first event is scheduled for this Thursday I believe.

What is even more funny is that about 3 weeks ago there was a news clip about it on the member website front page, but about two hours after it was posted it was removed. Kind of strange!

Anybody know anything else.

I find it strange as well since I couldn't find it on the site either. :confused3

I'm just assuming that if it is still happening that it will be included in the Members News flyer that we'll get when we check in.

Kind of weird that it's gone from the site.

I started a thread on this several days ago as I honestly couldn't remember when the event was supposed to start...then when I couldn't find anything on the member website I was beginning to feel I imagined the whole thing. I think it is extremely disappointing that the member website is never up-to-date. Lucky we have these boards or we'd never hear about anything!

I am wondering the same thing! We're planning to attend in two weeks, so I hope it's not cancelled. I was already sad about losing the summer block party to make was for the seemingly inferior Summer on the Savanna.

We've got friends that are visiting and wanted to give them a taste of DVC. SOTS seemed like it would basically be a big commercial for AKV - but since they seem to be selling them faster than they can build them, I wonder if they are re-thinking the whole thing?

The information for "Summer on the Savanna" is posted on the member website.

Summer on the Savanna - a Member Event

Roar about your excitement for the new Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas with other Members! Bring your family and friends and mingle with your Disney neighbors during this complimentary Member event that will be held on Thursdays from 3-5 p.m., July 12 - August 23, 2007.

Flock together in the courtyard located outside the International Gateway entrance to Epcot®. Stroll through the African plains while listening to music and savoring light refreshments. Have your face painted and even meet some Disney Characters, too!

As you plan your Walt Disney World® Resort itinerary, consider adding a Thursday at Epcot® to treat yourself to Summer on the Savanna - and unleash your inner party animal!

The information for "Summer on the Savanna" is posted on the member website.
Thanks for looking again. I now see it is on the home page after you sign in as a member. I guess they were doing some updating on that page and pulled it off for a while? :confused3

Since we are staying at BWV this summer I might drag DW over to this. Sounds like it could be fun. :)

It was also in an email I got from DVC regarding my visit next week.

As you plan your Walt Disney World® Resort itinerary, consider adding a Thursday at Epcot® to treat yourself to Summer on the Savanna - and unleash your inner party animal!

What a nice way to say "No, we are not going to give you free admission into EPCOT for after the party!"
:lmao: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter