• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why is Tower of Terror having high wait times lately?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
It seems every time I check Tower of Terror wait times they are pretty high. I just checked them and it was 120 minutes with RNRC only 40 minutes.
Is part of it shut down for maintenance?

Even at park close it was still almost an hour on Wednesday. It's just popular and running at lower capacity, I think. We got in line at 7 (8pm close), posted 50 minutes and were off in 45. We planned to hop back in line for a quick last minute ride and it was just as long as when we got in at 7, so we went to MMRR and walked on instead for our last ride.

It’s a popular ride, and it’s Easter weekend?
No it's been like this for months...probably since reopening really. We were there 2 weeks ago; got in as it said 60 mins...ended up being almost 2 hrs...totally insane. And that was towards the end of the night. My daughters were able to ride tsm and mmrr and still make it to meet us before we went in the building. I think it's just due to limited capacity, but it's sure aggravating.

No it's been like this for months...probably since reopening really. We were there 2 weeks ago; got in as it said 60 mins...ended up being almost 2 hrs...totally insane. And that was towards the end of the night. My daughters were able to ride tsm and mmrr and still make it to meet us before we went in the building. I think it's just due to limited capacity, but it's sure aggravating.
Yes I noticed it’s been long waits for a long while. Must be limited capacity.

Last week (3/31) we rode ToT and there were 12 occupied seats and 9 empty seats. They leave the 6 or 7 seats in the middle row open. And one seat in our row was vacant.

The ride is operating at a significantly lower capacity to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Because of this, we purposefully rope dropped ToT and RnRC in our February trip. These two are still our favortie attractions at HS so it was a no-brainer for us to hit them first. We actually had a ToT elevator all to ourselves on our first go and it was AWESOME.

I know a lot of people suggest rope dropping MMRR or SDD, but I found that those wait times fluctuated much more thanToT and sometimes even RnRC during our trip. So we just watched the app and when SDD and MMRR was lower we would hop in line.

Last edited:

...and another reason why wait times are longer...people joining the line after others have been in it...

...and another reason why wait times are longer...people joining the line after others have been in it...
It seems you haven't been to Disney since reopening??? ...my daughters joining me in line had absolutely NO impact on anyone's wait time...remember Covid (and the whole issue with the wait time currently)... I'm taking up an entire row on TOT whether it's just me or 3/4 ppl...please think before you post inaccurate information.:rolleyes:

I checked them a few weeks ago and they were high then.
Actually I’ve checked them off and on for the past 3 months and it’s almost always high.
Been our experience also. In February we rope dropped it for this reason after seeing how busy it was in January.

CM at the time of rope drop said it would be at least an hour all day. And it was, if not more. That line was crazzzzy long anytime we walked over there to try again (just in case the apps were off)

It's one of the most popular rides in currently one of the busiest parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter