Why is Le Cellier so disliked on here?

When they first opened I believe it was a buffet/cafeteria. We didn't go back then, but I like looking at old guide books and I've seen it. We've only eaten there once, and it was both out of pocket and in '09, but we were quite happy with our food and the waitress was wonderful. The tables were very close together, though. My husband had a lovely conversation with the people next to us, who seemed to be slightly perplexed as to why me, my DH, my DS, my sister, her SO, and his mother were all vacationing together.

For me, I was annoyed that the mushroom filet went from $28 pre signature to $44 post signature. If I ever purchased the dining plan I may have had a different perception of value. I don't mind the tables being close together and the dungeon-like feel is somewhat charming. I will still book an ADR just for the ahhhhmazing soup and pretzel bread.

I guess we've been lucky. We've always had great streaks. And yeah I've been to Mortons, Shulas, Ruth Chris, etc many times -usually great, but I've also had some mediocre steaks at all those, too. More formal service.
I'd love to know the Outback some enjoy because I have yet to have a good steak there.

I'm not a fan of the cheese soup, but to each their own.
I do hate the long wait. They need to get a better system for scheduling ADRs. I expect to wait a little while but not 30-45 minutes in value season. However, the CMs made that last agonizing wait tolerable. One played a Disney trivia game with everyone waiting. A sticker for correct answer. Even the adults got into it. My young adult son has autism with intellectual diabily. He answered some right others not, but the young CM caught on right away. My son had at least 30 stickers covering his body! He loved it.

Others regularly brought out drink samples both alcoholic and non. And served small samples from the kitchen on a regular basis. Best TS wait ever!

Food was great and they were very accommodating with preparing a larger portion kid's meal (our son was 17 this summer of 2016), never had issue with any TS refusing.
Great, attentive service.

Yes, the bill was high. Expected.
We go every trip. It is yet to disappoint.

Sorry for those who have had bad experiences.

I didn't even have steak the last couple times I was at Le Cellier. Last time, I had the soup and the poutine. I was happy.

For me, I was annoyed that the mushroom filet went from $28 pre signature to $44 post signature. If I ever purchased the dining plan I may have had a different perception of value. I don't mind the tables being close together and the dungeon-like feel is somewhat charming. I will still book an ADR just for the ahhhhmazing soup and pretzel bread.
:lmao: the dungeon-like feel is charming. :laughing:
I tried the soup years ago, pre-signature, and didnt like it. I tried it again last trip during F&W, and omg, it was horrid. I couldnt eat it. Just not for me I guess. But the mushroom filet at F&W was tasty though, I gotta admit! ;) The steak i had pre-signature wasnt good at all though. So disappointing. So i guess i'll just stick to F&W from now on. :teeth:

1) 1TS --> 2 TS
2) Most people hate change -- just about any kind
3) Some people love to build something up and then knock it down

We've always enjoyed it -- hasn't changed.

Nothing has changed from food, service, atmosphere. The only change is the price. That is why its disliked in my opinion.

Still our favourite steakhouse and DH raves about it whenever anyone talks about going to Disney World. But - that mushroom filet is really the star. My father and brother ordered the (much larger) ribeye and I personally didn't find it as good, even slathered in the same amazing truffle sauce. My filet was MUCH better!

I did think about sharing a Porterhouse for two with DH - but didn't want to risk the other half not coming out as good and having to fight over the filet portion with DH.

When it's very, very difficult to get an ADR for a restaurant, people then have very high expectations, and when these restaurants (e.g. BOG) don't reach this much anticipated level people vent about it IMHO

I think the issue is that, when LeCellier was a 1 credit restaurant, people were willing to overlook the dungeon-like atmosphere, the poorly trained wait staff, and the ridiculously tight space between tables. I know this was the impression of my wife and I. We went about a dozen times before the switch to 2 table credits. On those trips, I had to send my steak back twice (over-cooked), and I recall my wife complaining about not having her soda refilled even once during the meal numerous times. The last time we went, for dinner, at 2 table service credits, nothing had changed. Since then, we have not been back. If we're going to use 2 table service credits, or pay out of pocket, for a signature meal, we want a real signature experience. Compare this restaurant to Monsieur Paul, also in Epcot, and Yachtsman, nearby at the Yacht Club, and you'll see why LeCellier no longer gets the love and praise it formerly received. LeCellier has moved up to the big league signatures, but the only thing they've changed are the prices.

We tried le cellier twice. First time was for lunch (way back when lunch and dinner were separate menus) and we didn't quite understand what all the hype was about. So we did some research and the second time we went for dinner and ordered some of the dishes we read all the rave reviews about. Still didn't get it. The food was good, but in our opinion not any better than our local steakhouses back home. When the switch to signature dining was made we knew we would never give it a third try. In our opinion the food\experience we got just doesn't warrant the price. Simple as that!

The food is very good. TBH, I'm not sure why it's disliked. I think the hate first came when it changed from a 1-credit to a 2-credit. The belief was that it was a bad value on the DDP. I think a lot of people feel that you don't get a good value OOP, either.

Overall, I feel like it experienced the Nickleback effect: enough people didn't like it and it became "cool" not to like Le Cellier.

I'll tell you what—I loved it when they had the coffee-rubbed steak. It's always a good sign when you remember a meal (even if it was 5+ years ago)

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.....
This is not a Signature Restaurant. It's a mid grade in park Restaurant, elevated to Signature in order to reduce traffic.

Two REAL Signature Restaurants are a boat ride away.... Yachtsman, and Shula's....

Again, All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong. You will book as you choose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter