• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why is it taking so long??

JLitfin

love Disney
I still haven't heard on our resale contract. Disney is taking the full 30 days on this one. I'm really starting to get nervous, please send some pixie dust.

Our paperwork was sent to Disney for ROFR on July 31st. , on August 1st it went to the committee for their decision.

There's no motivation for Disney to tell you before 30 days is up, why would Disney want to make buying resale an easier? It will typically take 30 days to hear back on ROFR (or four Tuesdays after your paperwork was sent). Which resort are you buying at?

I get the feeling that the committee is a CM with a list of what to buy. :thumbsup2

The delay buying resale is mostly caused by Disney and IMO is done on purpose. They make the Broker wait for a early report on the account status, they wait 30 days for ROFR and 10 days to work the new account and to transfer the points.

Compare that to buying direct where you can make a reservation as soon as you give them a CC deposit, often on the same day.

:earsboy: Bill

There's no motivation for Disney to tell you before 30 days is up, why would Disney want to make buying resale an easier? It will typically take 30 days to hear back on ROFR (or four Tuesdays after your paperwork was sent). Which resort are you buying at?

I'm adding on at VWL, 100 pts

Thanks, I thought I would of heard by now, they're taking the full 30 days (thats if weekends count in the 30 days)

It seems to take a long time, we signed our purchase agreement on June 26th and it didn't close until the very last day that was stated on the contract -Aug 23rd. It passed ROFR on July 24th. So it took almost all 30 days for ROFR, and then it took a full month to close after ROFR. I think the sellers ended up delaying their paperwork and costing us about 1-2 weeks in time lost. Still waiting on our member package...the waiting is the worst!

Now you wait again for the closing and the transfer. Ours was another 3 1/2 weeks. Hang in there the worst is over.

It seems to take a long time, we signed our purchase agreement on June 26th and it didn't close until the very last day that was stated on the contract -Aug 23rd. It passed ROFR on July 24th. So it took almost all 30 days for ROFR, and then it took a full month to close after ROFR. I think the sellers ended up delaying their paperwork and costing us about 1-2 weeks in time lost. Still waiting on our member package...the waiting is the worst!

Don't wait for Disney, you contact them for your account and member info. Call MS and give then your SSN.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter