• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why is Dec. 13-14 listed as heavy crowds?

jesusluvsu2005

Mouseketeer
It seems as though the crowd calendars have changed and listed Dec 13-14 as heavy crowds, one even said wall to wall. Then it goes back down on the 15th. Is something going on those days that would make the crowd level so high?

Crowds won't be shoulder to shoulder, but they will not be light either.

It really makes no sense. Schools will still be in session. And it's a Sunday/Monday.

It almost looks to me like someone predicting this year's crowd based on last year's dates. Last year that would have been a Saturday/Sunday. And maybe there was a reason that weekend was really busy last year. Maybe that was the last weekend before Christmas that APs were not blacked out? I know we were there on a similar (last weekend of AP access before Christmas) weekend a few years ago and it did indeed make it very crowded.

Well, the 13th is a Sunday and the 14th is a Monday and Mondays are usually busy at the MK. Sunday(weekend) and Monday(MK). Could that be it? We will be there this year from Dec. 13-20 and plan on going to Epcot on Monday(12/14) so hopefully will not find crowds too bad. Who cares, though!? We'll be at DISNEY! WHOOP!

We were there last year at that time. Spent Sunday at Magic Kingdom- it was definitely busy, but not nearly as busy as it was the following Wednesday- which would've been 12/17. Wall to wall people.

When hard ticket parties are occurring, non-party days are always far busier than party days. Given that Sunday the 13th is a party day, and Saturday the 12th is a non-party EMH date, I would bet the house Saturday is a lot busier than that Sunday. I'll take Monday (a non-party day without EMH) over that Saturday as well.

Something is up with those crowd predictions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter