Why is AKL concierge/club still available?

Happy2BMommy0812

Mouseketeer
So, if the club is closed, why are they still offering the rooms as concierge/club at the higher point value? Like, if someone booked it at the higher point value, would they refund the point difference during the trip? I was looking at a resort only trip and thought AKL might be fun, but now I’m thinking maybe not since only the pool is open and the club level would not actually have the club. Is the pool bar open?

They refund the extra points. I had it booked briefly for end of Nov but then figured the club lounge won't be running by then so I swapped out for VGF. I had a big chunk of banked points I needed to use so I needed a higher point cost 1BR. If I waited too long then only SSR might be available and it wouldn't eat up the points. If I kept club level AKV and they then didn't have it open and would refund me the extra points I assume they'd be back in as banked and I would not be able to use them before they expire.

Just FYI, there are 5 club level rooms with AKV DVC. The club level is mostly regular hotel cash rooms. And they aren't taking reservations for cash club level rooms until January. So it is suspected to not open until then. But just speculation and not definite.

So, if the club is closed, why are they still offering the rooms as concierge/club at the higher point value? Like, if someone booked it at the higher point value, would they refund the point difference during the trip? I was looking at a resort only trip and thought AKL might be fun, but now I’m thinking maybe not since only the pool is open and the club level would not actually have the club. Is the pool bar open?

We had reservations for December, and they would refund a point difference if the lounge was not fully operating during our dates. It just depends on when the resort side begins operations. In the meantime, they will continue to offer the rooms as CL.

That being said, the lounge is supposedly open for sitting, just no Conceirge services or offerings.

They refund the points difference after your trip, I assume it’s the difference between club and standard and not club and savannah as only some rooms have that view.

ive booked a room next August and I even think that might not happen

Like, if someone booked it at the higher point value, would they refund the point difference during the trip?
Yes, the booking page has this disclaimer in red between the Jambo information and room types on the booking page:
"Kilimanjaro Club Concierge rooms at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House are available for booking. Note that Club Level Amenities, services, and Cast Members are not currently available. A date has not been determined when those amenities will reopen. Should these amenities remain unavailable during your stay, you will be refunded the vacation point difference between the room type booked and the comparable Standard View room after check-out. "

Since DVC doesn’t control the actual CL services, Disney does, they allow the rooms to be booked so that when Disney announces they will be providing those services again, the guests in those room will be eligible to getting them,

Originally, they were moving people to Kidani, and in some cases upgrading too. But, fall is a busy DVC time and I don’t think that was sustainable. So, the website now indicates that points will be refunded after the trip is over.

I was there two weeks ago and this lady in front of me was FUMING about how there were no services and she was told otherwise when booking. She politely yet firmly asked to be moved to a 2 bedroom at BLT.

I was there two weeks ago and this lady in front of me was FUMING about how there were no services and she was told otherwise when booking. She politely yet firmly asked to be moved to a 2 bedroom at BLT.
I feel like I need to know the rest of this story! Did she have a 2 BR booked for club level? And did they move her??

I feel like I need to know the rest of this story! Did she have a 2 BR booked for club level? And did they move her??
Yes. it was just the two of us in the whole lobby so from what I overheard, AKL is not home but she booked it when she saw the availability. She was....a little more upset than she should have been but that's her right and those are her points. She told the lady "I might as well have just booked a 2 bedroom at BLT".

The cast member took down all her information and made a report there on the spot to get the phone call to listen to it. The member was adamant that she was told she'd have access to all club amenities. I was soon helped by another cast member coming onto the clock so I left before resolution but I am 99% sure they moved her. At no point did the cast member mention a refund of points at end of stay so that's news to me but I wondered the same thing....why are the allowing to book!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter