Why in the world did they go back to 180 days in advance?

No offense to anyone and I am probably going to get slammed for saying this but I really think people making reservations in hopes of free dining is really going to skew things from Disney point of view. From a business perspective they will see all of these dining reservations being made why would you offer free dining. I also would not be surprised if in the very near future the change it so you have to put a cc number in when making the reservations.

No flames from me -- I had the same thought!

I do think WDW execs *could* perhaps save themselves and their system from issues by just coming out with whatever they are or aren't going for dining in January. Then, if they found that free dining wasn't driving the numbers that they needed they could release other discounts. I dunno -- makes sense to me so maybe that's a sign that my thinking is flawed:rotfl:

We too are waiting on the park hours for Sept. We already have our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices picked out for each day that we will be there. Need those hours so we can decided what days we will be going to them. We avoid EMH, Fantasmic, and also wish I knew the dates of the MNSSHP, plan on going to that also. Good luck on your ADRs.:wizard:

LOVE PM EMHs (we're night owls) and never miss Fantasmic, DD's favorite. I have plans in my head based on last year's calendar but I check EVERY DAY for this year's!!! Its just DD(25) and I and our 5th Free dining trip so we're pretty flexible. I just want to have it set!!!

And to the PP who got everything he/she wanted at 90 days - I SOOO did not and had to call back over and over to get what I wanted last year.

Another YAY for 180 days! I had more trouble getting what I wanted at 90. I don't think that people booking in anticipation of free dining will take up too many of the ressies. The general public wouldn't even think of booking until they have booked their trip AFTER free dining has been announced.

Fogot to add: We are going in Aug. w/o free dining. We'll be trying Hilton Bonnet Creek.

I was thrilled with the 180 days and had no problem figuring out what we wanted so far out. I was happy to relax about it so early on. Love it!:banana:

Love the 180+10 here! I got everything I wanted for the dates and times I wanted unlike last year. On the 90+10 I had to call over and over and over again to try to get what we wanted and still didn't get a couple of them.

I think it is a great perk for those who are staying on site (and OCD planners like me :rotfl:)

We too are waiting on the park hours for Sept. We already have our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices picked out for each day that we will be there. Need those hours so we can decided what days we will be going to them. We avoid EMH, Fantasmic, and also wish I knew the dates of the MNSSHP, plan on going to that also. Good luck on your ADRs.:wizard:

Made my ADRs on Monday and got everything we wanted including MM FP!!

Love the 180+10 here! I got everything I wanted for the dates and times I wanted unlike last year. On the 90+10 I had to call over and over and over again to try to get what we wanted and still didn't get a couple of them.

I think it is a great perk for those who are staying on site (and OCD planners like me :rotfl:)

You are so right about all of that. Even though I do find it funny that I know where I am going to be eating six months from now (and sadly enough what I am going to be ordering), I still prefer the 180+10 rather than the 90+10. I am going to be making my ADRs for our Sept trip tomorrow and I have already did a dry run, and so far, it looks like I will be getting everything I want at the exact times I want too :goodvibes

I am happier with 180 days too... our 180 is Monday this trip we are staying club level so someone else is making my ADR's I feel weird not getting up at an insane hour to make them and I hope these have good luck getting stuff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter