• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why have I never heard of Dapper Days!

Ciao Mickey

<font color=brown>Kind of makes you want to run th
I will admit that I have never gone to WDW in November and this is the first year we have been able to go to the Food and Wine Festival. I usually try to keep up with what happens and I'm surprised that I've never heard of it before!

I was in the Beach Club restroom when two young girls came in dressed up in heels and pearls. I thought they were going to a wedding. When we left the Beach and headed to Epcot they were walking ahead of us and met up with a group that were also dressed up. When I saw they were entering Epcot I asked the CM at the turnstile if there was a party going on that we hadn't heard about? She then told us it was Dapper Days and what it was.

OMG! What fun it was to see all of the people dressed in period clothing (the CM told us people dressed in clothing from the 1920s through the 1950s and some cast members came from California for the event).

It made the festival even more enjoyable for us. I loved that there were whole families dressed for the day.

We ran into this at our last F&W. I didn't ask what it was, just got more and more confused every time I saw another group dressed in period clothing.

We also saw them this past Saturday and they were so pretty/handsome! I asked one of the girls how often it happens and was told it happens twice a year? It's funny that only 2 times we've been to WDW, we ran into Dapper days both times. We were at MK in April 2016 and it was also Dapper day.

I'm told biggest one is at Disneyland in California.

The spring dapper days is even more popular as its two days,Saturday in MK and Sunday in Epcot.Even more popular than at WDW are the ones at Disneyland,they even have an expo for the event,there's tons of videos on YouTube.

They do it twice a year in spring and fall. I love dapper day!!!! It's the best unofficial event at disney parks there is. They also do disneyland paris and anaheim. Generally people also come out in period clothing for big dates as well. Oct 1 for 45th anniversary was a recent example.

The dance or whatever they call it sells out really fast if you want to get the whole effect. Also everyone heading over to jellyrolls after that is old enough to do that is a hoot in it's own way.. I highly recommend it.

This was the first epcot one, usually it's hollywood studios (which is where it started I think, being dressed to fit into the place). I want to say it's usually HS in the spring and MK in the fall but they do mix it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter