Why does Pop Century have detachable shower heads.......

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
But All Star Sports doesn't? If any other value resorts have them, please tell me which one(s). I was watching a lot of YouTube videos yesterday of Pop and Sports.ETA:All the videos were recent of the refurbished rooms.

Last edited:
I was disappointed the first time I stayed in a refurbished All Star room that they did not include the hand held shower head in addition to the rain shower head. None of the All Star resorts have them, as I have stayed in all three since the refurbishment. I have not stayed in an AoA LM room recently to know if they changed the shower during the last refurbishment or not.

Possibly because it's the newest of all the values. They may have installed handhelds in all the rooms when the resort was built. All Stars may use them when replacing a showerhead, but if they aren't broken, probably no reason to change them out.

Possibly because it's the newest of all the values. They may have installed handhelds in all the rooms when the resort was built. All Stars may use them when replacing a showerhead, but if they aren't broken, probably no reason to change them out.
I stayed at Pop before the last refurbishment and they did not have the rain showerheads or the handheld shower. It was just one standard showerhead mounted on the wall.

I wonder if perhaps they simply wanted another thing to differentiate Pop from All Star to try and justify charging more for the rooms.

The All-Stars were renovated more recently than Pop, though.

The All-Stars were renovated more recently than Pop, though.
True, but why change a perfectly functioning shower head if not needed? It's an additional cost for both parts and labor. I don't think the shower/tub area in any of the values was really touched during the renovations as a whole, unless you count a shower curtain and the H2O products being in pump bottles.

True, but why change a perfectly functioning shower head if not needed? It's an additional cost for both parts and labor. I don't think the shower/tub area in any of the values was really touched during the renovations as a whole, unless you count a shower curtain and the H2O products being in pump bottles.
The bathrooms were gutted and they did change them to the rainfall shower heads. They just did not include the handheld part that Pop does have.

I was disappointed the first time I stayed in a refurbished All Star room that they did not include the hand held shower head in addition to the rain shower head. None of the All Star resorts have them, as I have stayed in all three since the refurbishment. I have not stayed in an AoA LM room recently to know if they changed the shower during the last refurbishment or not.
Yeah when you have to assist in the showering of someone it really makes it so much harder. I hate they didn't do them the same as POP. They def cut the budgets, I think they even downgraded the tile.

I hate they didn't do them the same as POP.
Me too. I've only been to WDW once, back in 2017. We stayed at All Star Sports and loved it. Hoping to go back by 2025 and will probably stay at Pop because of the detachable shower head. Back when I planned my first trip, I wasn't as picky as I am now.

But All Star Sports doesn't? If any other value resorts have them, please tell me which one(s). I was watching a lot of YouTube videos yesterday of Pop and Sports.ETA:All the videos were recent of the refurbished rooms.
The all-stars don't have them and some (maybe all) moderates don't either. That was definitely a plus when we stayed at Pop last yr. I wish they all had them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter