Why does every post result is scooter bashing?

Can we agree to stop with the scooter shaming??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've posted responses in many thread but I can't remember the email and password so I just linked this one to my facebook and for some reason it setup a whole new account I guess.

LOL. I've read these boards plenty. I didn't know I had to post a lot to have an opinion. Look at any Top Ten Things Wrong with Disney or Top Ten Tips that are popular on here and you'll find a someone attacking scooters.

I'll cut you some slack this time, but if your next post is a long rant about how you medically need to pool hop with your 2011 resort mug, all bets are off.

I needed these trips more than a lot of you

OP: You have no idea why anyone else in the park "needs" their trip, so how about you stop judging.
I think you were being hyper sensitive to peoples "looks" because you know that it is your choices that put you sitting therer on a scooter.
People are always going to judge, people will judge you for how fat or skinny you are, how you dress, how your children behave. It's up to you to decide whether or not to let it affect you.

OP: You have no idea why anyone else in the park "needs" their trip, so how about you stop judging.
I think you were being hyper sensitive to peoples "looks" because you know that it is your choices that put you sitting therer on a scooter.
People are always going to judge, people will judge you for how fat or skinny you are, how you dress, how your children behave. It's up to you to decide whether or not to let it affect you.
I wasn't hyper sensitive at all. I don't recall getting any looks to my face. I didn't have any issues in the parks or the busses. My issue is just with the boards. The way people act on here would discourage someone who may need to use a scooter to go. Once there... When a lot of these thumb thugs are in someones face... They say nothing. I don't really think anyone choices clinical depression that results in being medicated. That was a pretty dumb thing to say. Non typical depression (which is what I have) results in weight gain. I'm not saying that some people don't need a trip to Disney, I'm saying that someone in a scooter, for whatever reason, may need it as much or more than you. It may be a motivation to change their life. There was plenty of people there that needed that tip more than me I'm sure. That wasn't my point.

I havent seen the threads, but here's my two cents - if someone wants to bash the scooters, then SHAME ON THEM. The majority of people in them NEED them, whether their disability is evident to others or not. Are they a bit inconvenient to you? Too bad. Suck it up and be thankful you don't need to use one! Lack compassion and still feel the need to complain about them? Then do everyone a favor and either skip Disney, or at least keep your mouth shut! If the worst you have to complain about is an annoying scooter, than you're pretty darn lucky.

Thread backfire.

Also people can have an opinion - there are valid concerns from the "no scooter" people as well. I personally don't care if your in a wheel chair, scooter, jet, helicopter I'm kind of genuine and nice to everyone regardless - just a way of my upbringing.

Saying such blanket statements are almost as bad as the point your trying to make.

Well I will agree that my statement of every post was a little broad. But EVERY post that is popular about a Top Ten Thing Not to do in Disney or Top Ten things you should know... ALL result in scooter bashing. I don't dig into these boards. I generally ready the things that are popular enough to be posted on FB. But I stand behind the scooter bashing is a big issue on here. Not in the parks.

Essentially, OP calls for a boost in kindness and understanding, and for decreased generalizations. I just don't see that practiced in the post. There are more effective ways to communicate and to persuade others to adopt your point, than using lengthy tirades. In other words, it's better to light a candle than to curse the dark. @Candleshoe

@Asc341 And everyone doesn't have to take your approach to how they choose to express themselves. You're way may work for you and be what you respond to but that doesn't mean it works for everyone else or is what others respond to. You don't get to choose they way I want to post something.

LOL. I've read these boards plenty. I didn't know I had to post a lot to have an opinion. Look at any Top Ten Things Wrong with Disney or Top Ten Tips that are popular on here and you'll find a someone attacking scooters.
So, it's not all posts .... Just top ten posts.
I've been posting live from the parks since Saturday and yours is the very first one I've read that even mentioned a scooter. And none of the responses to any of my posts involve scooters. I'll add that my DH had to use one for a couple of years while waiting for knee replacement.... So I'm not anti scooter, but I think you may just have a case of "when you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail".... You clearly feel strongly about it so you gravitate toward those threads

Ah, this thread reminds me of a few years back when instead of complaining about the new FP+ system, it was about ECV's (scooters). If you think it's bad now, (which I don't at all), it pales in comparison to the hay day!

IMO, drop it. You're just igniting an issue that was a sleeping dog.

Peace.

Dan

Well I will agree that my statement of every post was a little broad. But EVERY post that is popular about a Top Ten Thing Not to do in Disney or Top Ten things you should know... ALL result in scooter bashing.
@LaurenT I think my original post may have been a little broad as I stated before.... But ALL of the Popular Post that a normal user of these board would be app to read about Top 10 do result in what I mentioned.

To me, it seems that you are reinforcing my point, @Lucian Manning . I would never (and didn't) tell you what or how to post. In life and in forums, there are responses to what we put out into the world. That's all this is - a response. Do with it what you want. Thanks for your post, and congratulations on all your successes. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter