Why does Animal Crossing seem to appeal more to adults than children and teens?

RitzyCinnamonRoll

Earning My Ears

AbdullahSmash is in that vid. He is a fun guy lol

Most of the time whenever I come across an Animal Crossing player irl they are hipsters in their 20s or women in their 30s. Very rarely do I see any teens or younger that are Animal Crossing fans.

Why is this?

Have parents become stricter with video games? Do children nowadays have shorter attention spans to enjoy a game like this?

Was it this?

American parents can be so paranoid lol

Last edited:
I am in my 50s and play it. My daughters got me started on it. I have no idea why I like it, just do.

I think the style of game is a big factor. It's kind of laid back without a lot of action. A lot of kids do like it though - they just don't make fan videos about it.

Because I like paying a mortgage???? :lmao: It is just fun. I can't wait for it to come out tomorrow.

I went out for groceries this morning. My home-from-college age son and my husband begged me to pick it up while I was out. (I played the old one and enjoyed it... except that I played so infrequently that it seemed like I spent all my time killing bugs and pulling weeds when I *did* have time to play. I hope they changed that.)

I think a lot of it is nostalgia, but also it appeals to though who like games that make you feel like you are accomplishing stuff by playing daily. I’m 46, and love it. My kids who are 25, 20, 17 also all love it.

We even named our new puppy Nook..

Has anyone played yet? Game is amazing, and came at a perfect time - the sound of the kids laughing is great given the times ! DDs character just got stung by wasps, and watching her run around the island with one eye total!y shut was hilarious !

My 18 year old ordered it. It will be a 'family game' Dh and I will play, too, while self distancing. Probably will be one of our memories of this time.

Here in NY, where "stay in place" order starts tomorrow night, least the kids are having fun fishing together ! This game is amazing !!482632

My dd16 (who has autism) absolutely loves Animal Crossing. She was always counting down to when the new one was coming out. Out of everything she has in the game so far, she likes the man-faced stink bug the best.

I am 72 years old. I played the original Animal Crossing alongside my grandson who was just a child at the time. He is now 26, and he is playing the game. I will begin playing mine tomorrow, when my son is bringing me a copy. Can't wait. I have watched videos on Youtube, and the game looks great.

its really relaxing...
question so how do I visit friends islands without a dodo code? I'm lost :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter