why do you return to disney?

mister morrow

Mouseketeer
exactly as the title says: why do you return to disney? many people on this forum, including myself, return to disney year after year and never get tired of it because of the amazing experiences and memories created.

why do you go back to disney?

its my escape from reality. I live in a place where its not safe to walk alone when its dark. At Disney I am in a safe bubble world where I can walk around, go to a show, go to a restaurant, go on rides etc and not have to fear that the person walking behind me will attack me.

The smile on my girls faces. Our family likes amusement parks, but to be able to go to one where the characters they see on tv come to life amazes them at their age. I see that quickly dwindling in my 7 year old if it’s not gone already, but it’s still alive in in 5 year old. We continue to return as long as that’s there.

I'll second the escape from reality. However, with the constant increases in prices for resorts and tickets and less offerings/more upcharge events, it's making that return harder and harder. We'll still go, just maybe not as often as we'd like.

Great question, I've been 4 times in the past 4 years. I'm still reminded by people, that on my first day ever at Disney World, I said I'd never go back. I don't do well with crowds and although I knew it would be crowded, I wasn't prepared for the crowds. But there's something about that place that keeps bringing me back despite the crowds. My kids are 14 & 11 and were never really into meeting the characters, but there's still something that gets us excited to return. We're not even a parade/fireworks family, never watched Illuminations or Wishes or HEA, but we still count down our days until we return. So why do we go? I can't explain it, but I also can't wait until our next trip!

its my escape from reality. I live in a place where its not safe to walk alone when its dark. At Disney I am in a safe bubble world where I can walk around, go to a show, go to a restaurant, go on rides etc and not have to fear that the person walking behind me will attack me.
This is lousy, nobody should have to live in a state of fear & panic like this.

It's somewhere that has something for everyone in our family and it's fun! Our girls love it and I want as many trips as possible while they still have the glow. I get so much joy out of watching them have so much fun. I see that other places, but not at the Disney level. They light up just talking about a trip.

We have generations of family that like to vacation together over the years (grandparents, adult kids, young kids, aunts, uncles, etc). Disney is the the one place we can all agree on since some don’t like the beach day after day or long trips in the car. Now since we have all gone so much, our memories are all wrapped up there too, which leaves us wanting more♥️

This is lousy, nobody should have to live in a state of fear & panic like this.

unfortunately its my reality. The bubble world of Disney parks is something so far removed from my day to day life, and I just love walking down Main Street, and being in that safe atmosphere for a while

Great question, I've been 4 times in the past 4 years. I'm still reminded by people, that on my first day ever at Disney World, I said I'd never go back. I don't do well with crowds and although I knew it would be crowded, I wasn't prepared for the crowds. But there's something about that place that keeps bringing me back despite the crowds. My kids are 14 & 11 and were never really into meeting the characters, but there's still something that gets us excited to return. We're not even a parade/fireworks family, never watched Illuminations or Wishes or HEA, but we still count down our days until we return. So why do we go? I can't explain it, but I also can't wait until our next trip!
I totally relate to this. Having no clue the first time I visited MK (the day after Thanksgiving:sad2:), I swore I’d never go back. The kids came along, and 20+ visits later, we have decided to celebrate our anniversary there. We were figuring on an exotic trip, but I think it’s the predictability that keeps us going back. We always have a great time and now that we are empty nesters, we are looking forward to a bunch of new experiences, (more F&W, tours,etc.)

I love that everything is right there. We can stay on property, get up in the morning and be at one of several places where we can be entertained for as long as the park is open. If we have an AP or PH ticket, we can change experiences with little effort if we want a change. We can eat at any number of different types of restaurants without having to travel very far and transportation is included so if we want an adult beverage or two, we don't have to worry about driving home. We like that if we want to do something later in the evening after the parks are closed we again have options that don't require us to get ourselves there and back. We like that it is a safe environment for us to go that is out of our normal locale. We also like that although we have visited quite a few times lately, there are still a number of things for us to do that will be new to us, so it doesn't seem like the same vacation over and over.

Its truly home away from home where my children grew up. (like anyone else's vacation home, its our place where all the memories lie) My children grew up going to disney, yearly, loving every minute of it. They are grown now but we still go back. Its my escape from reality. I love to watch people with their families and talk about my past experiences. Its a place thats just happy and carefree. As PP posted, we can walk around (for the most part) and not worry about others bothering us. Magical...... We have Grands now and I hope to be able to start the tradition all over again..... Year after year with a new generation of memories.

We fell in love with the place on our first trip. Unfortunately, our subsequent trips haven’t quite measured up. We will return when our baby girl is older so she will have the experience and hope that we can recapture the magic of our first trip. I also want the experience of a Run Disney Race.

BPTink, I'm confused. WDW is not inexpensive. You can afford to do Disney, but are not able to, say, move?

BPTink, I'm confused. WDW is not inexpensive. You can afford to do Disney, but are not able to, say, move?

I go to Disneyland California as part of a 10 day vacation. If I didnt go on that vacation and saved the money, it would not make any difference to my living situation. There are alot more factors involved than just money, for example in my city there is a housing crisis. There are not enough places to live , either to rent or to buy for the amount of people who live here. I have been trying to move for the last 4 years but there is either nothing available in my price range or those in my price range are not suitable.

So I escape to Disney parks, either Disneyland California or Disneyland Paris whenever I can

I understand. I am sad that 50 out of 52 weeks per year you are somewhere that you don't feel safe. But I do understand. All the best to you and yours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter