Why do you love POFQ (Port Orleans French Quarter)?

chucksusanandgrace

Mouseketeer

We are trying to decide if we want to stay here, or splurge and pay an extra $200 a night for a deluxe.

Thank you

Family of three with one teen

We stayed there in September for 9 days. I loved the atmosphere in the resort. It was very relaxed and classy, but still has fun elements for kids. It was so nice and compact, without needing to hike all over the place to get from room to lobby or transportation. The rooms themselves were very nice and had plenty of room for all of us and our stuff without feeling crowded (even when we were stuck inside for 2 days during the hurricane). The one bus stop is great too because you don't need to worry about long bus drives in the resort. It is a pretty central location to the parks, and the boat to Disney Springs is so relaxing. I would always recommend it to people looking for a moderate, and would definitely consider staying there again (the only reason I'm not staying again in March or December is because I want to experience other resorts too).

I only stayed there once and it was about 6 years ago, but I loved the small size of the resort and the single bus stop. And it was nice having a boat to Disney Springs. I don’t remember disliking anything about the resort. The last 6 trips I’ve only stayed deluxe and I’m definitely spoiled. We are staying at POFQ in May, I’m excited to try it again and I know it’s not going to be the same as the deluxe resorts but we’re doing this trip on a budget. Do you have a particular Deluxe in mind?

We are staying at POFQ for the first time, too, in March. We always stay at POR and love that resort. We love everything about POR and it has been our go to resort for years.
However, we have switched to FQ because of the new dog policy. Personal choice. We love dogs, but do not want to vacation with them, so we have sadly made the move to POFQ.
We can walk to POR if we get homesick, but we are excited about staying at POFQ too. We have mobility problems and think the more compact resort would be perfect for us. I must admit the long walks at POR, even for the "closer" buildings, were too much for us after a long day at the parks.
So, the smaller size is a draw for us. We also love the boat to DS and didn't want to lose that option. I don't know about the NO atmosphere, but it does look nice. We just prefer the AB section of POR with it's tropical feel. The smaller food court will be a change too, but we are eager to try it.
I don't want to sound like a Debbie downer about POFQ, as we really are excited to go there and think it is a lovely resort. But if POR removes the dog policy, we will definitely go back. Sadly, I don't see that happening.

I love everything about POFQ! It is my absolute favorite resort. I love the look of the resort, the sounds, the smells, everything! I love how quaint it is. I like that I can walk to POR if I want. I love the beignets. I love the rooms, the food court, the lounge, and the gift shop. Seriously, POFQ is my WDW home. I like that there is only one bus stop. I like how peaceful it is, even with a pool view room. I like walking by the river. It might just be my favorite place in the entire world, not just Disney.

One word beignets, and your a stones throw away from them. (Man I hope I spelled that right). Nothing like stopping in the food court late night and having a snack before bed.

I only stayed there once and it was about 6 years ago, but I loved the small size of the resort and the single bus stop. And it was nice having a boat to Disney Springs. I don’t remember disliking anything about the resort. The last 6 trips I’ve only stayed deluxe and I’m definitely spoiled. We are staying at POFQ in May, I’m excited to try it again and I know it’s not going to be the same as the deluxe resorts but we’re doing this trip on a budget. Do you have a particular Deluxe in mind?
We have been several times to POR Riverside and Wilderness Lodge. But Riverside now allows pets, and although we love pets we have allergies so that is a no for us. We were exploring AK, BC, BWI. Poly & Cont is too expensive. We wanted to try something new. I like that FQ is small, but worried that we might be bored with it. Its nice to explore some of the resorts amenities. We visited it a few times while stay at POR. Thank you. We too are looking possibly to go more budget in mind because we also travel in the summer.

We are staying at POFQ for the first time, too, in March. We always stay at POR and love that resort. We love everything about POR and it has been our go to resort for years.
However, we have switched to FQ because of the new dog policy. Personal choice. We love dogs, but do not want to vacation with them, so we have sadly made the move to POFQ.
We can walk to POR if we get homesick, but we are excited about staying at POFQ too. We have mobility problems and think the more compact resort would be perfect for us. I must admit the long walks at POR, even for the "closer" buildings, were too much for us after a long day at the parks.
So, the smaller size is a draw for us. We also love the boat to DS and didn't want to lose that option. I don't know about the NO atmosphere, but it does look nice. We just prefer the AB section of POR with it's tropical feel. The smaller food court will be a change too, but we are eager to try it.
I don't want to sound like a Debbie downer about POFQ, as we really are excited to go there and think it is a lovely resort. But if POR removes the dog policy, we will definitely go back. Sadly, I don't see that happening.
We too were so bummed by the dog policy at POR. It was our all time favorite moderate resort. So lovely and the AB section was gorgeous. They told me the dogs are allowed in ALL garden and standard rooms. That's basically everything. Even preferred has garden views. I was very disappointed that dogs trumped allergies. They should have alotted it to one bldg only. They told me ALL buildings allow dogs.

But yes, those perks are great at FQ. Who wants to walk through POR after a LONG park day. lol Thank you. Enjoy

We have been several times to POR Riverside and Wilderness Lodge. But Riverside now allows pets, and although we love pets we have allergies so that is a no for us. We were exploring AK, BC, BWI. Poly & Cont is too expensive. We wanted to try something new. I like that FQ is small, but worried that we might be bored with it. Its nice to explore some of the resorts amenities. We visited it a few times while stay at POR. Thank you. We too are looking possibly to go more budget in mind because we also travel in the summer.
BC is my favorite! I’ve stayed there twice and will be there again in September. I love EPCOT so being able to walk over is a huge bonus especially during the festivals because we spend a lot of time at those. The pool is great but one thing about the deluxe resorts I miss is having a food court. I have a 3yo and he’s picky so we struggle with getting a quick bite somewhere.

Only stayed there once but it's one of our faves. I love the small size and the boat to Disney Springs. Also only one bus stop and nothing super far from the lobby/food court.

We are trying to decide if we want to stay here, or splurge and pay an extra $200 a night for a deluxe.

Thank you

Family of three with one teen
This is our favorite place to stay outside of a deluxe. I like the size of the resort, that there is only one bus stop, the boat to downtown DS, and the food court. The room is a good size. We stayed at POR because we could not get POFQ with free dining last trip & I like POFQ better.
I would not hesitate to stay there, especially if you can use the savings to go on another trip!
If you find you like POR's pool better, you are welcome to use both!(I like the theme at POFQ's pool)
Any questions I'd be glad to answer- we've stayed there several times!

My husband and I (especially I) loved POFQ when we went a couple weeks ago. It's our new favorite Moderate, with POP being our favorite Value. POFQ is compact with one bus stop, which is huge for me. Coronado and Caribbean both just felt time-intensive with getting to the food court/bus stop/anywhere. If you get refillable mugs, it's actually worth it at POFQ because you'll actually be able to easily access the machines without going to another zip code.

The rooms were also nice and felt a little nicer than the other moderates. They're definitely nicer than the Values (although maybe not nicer than the POP refurbs... I'll know more in a couple weeks hopefully.)

We’ve tried both por and POFQ and liked fq better. Out of all of the resorts we’ve done so far, fq has been our absolute favorite. It’s hard to beat the small size, boat to ds, beignets, and the overall atmosphere. Our goal is to try a new resort each stay otherwise fq would be where I pick every time. It’s so quaint and homey to me.

POFQ is our favorite resort. We had a short trip last fall, and lucked into a deal at Wilderness Lodge, so stayed there. It was really nice, but at the end of the stay, we realized that we did not need to stay there again. We really love POFQ, and visiting and exploring the deluxe resorts is fun - and free! We appreciate the cozy feel at POFQ, it's a beautiful resort for walking, but at the end of a long day, you can be at your room very quickly. The food court has some really good options, Scat Cat Lounge is a great place to hang out at the end of the day, the pool area is nice. It's just a relaxing place to stay, and doesn't break the bank.

We only stayed there once(Christmas week 2013)but we fell in love with the resort! I love it because it's so small ,quaint and beautiful. Love how regardless of where your room is that you are not far from the food court and bus stop. Love that there is only one bus stop and the boat ride to Disney Springs! Also, love that you can walk to Port Orleans Riverside(the walk between both resorts is so beautiful and you can enjoy the amenities of POR while staying at POFQ and vice versa).

The only reason that we haven't stayed there since 2013 is because I have been able to get discounts at POR and not at FQ. I love POR just as much though and we always stay there now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter