Why do people throw trash out of their car windows?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
I was behind someone today waiting to make a right out of a parking lot. They repeatedly threw small pieces of paper out of their window.

Are they just stupid or do they have some sort of medical condition that resulted in a low IQ?

*They have a spouse who does not tolerate any garbage/debri/ remnants in the car
*the small paper had ketchup. starbucks Dutch bros, dipping sauce on it and the bag was out of reach
*ants
*gum
* phone number torn in anger

that is about all I can remember why my wife throws out small pieces of paper out the window

IT IS ALL ABOUT THE OCD

But... otherwise all the pieces of paper would be in their car... and the car would look dirty... :P
your hired......you get it.....soon the government will be hiring psychologists to interview folks why they dump truck loads in the Arizona desert when the dumps are free, Oregon will be interviewing folks, who at 10 cents a crack, still throw the recyclable elements into the garbage cans( or bureaucracy that makes it difficult to turn in the elements for the cash back)....California .perhaps too late for interviews...going to need a pill

No....that is not how OCD works....my wife has a window bar code for the car wash, as many times as she wishes and she has free vaccum privs. her home is spotless and the only laziness I have seen her perform is the grocery cart return and remembering to gather the empty store bags from the back....she would remember them if in the front of the car...but then that is contrary to the OCD

Just a story I like to tell...

When I was in college, I worked with the police as my internship project. 99% of it was riding along with the officers on duty. One time, we were sitting at a red light behind a car with three young ladies in it. The one in the backseat opened her window, turned and looked right at us, and dropped a crumpled fast food bag out. The officer that I was with said, "Did she really throw trash out the window right in front of me?" Without waiting for an answer, he shifted the cruiser to park, got out, went up to the car, picked up the trash, and put it back into the car, smiling and telling the girl, "You dropped something." He was chuckling as he returned to the cruiser and said that she looked surprised and scared that he did that.

Of course, she probably threw it out again once they'd driven away and there were no cops around...

This is a pet peeve of mine , any litter really. We walk everyday and the stuff we see on thrown on people lawns too. I give a little lea way on recycle day and it’s windy but a diaper on the side of the road in a subdivision is intensional.

We were always taught to bring all our garbage home with us if out. I remember ads on tv when younger with aboriginals telling us to keep our land and waterways clean.

I hate this, even if it's cigarettes. There's an ash tray in most cars, if not, they are readily available.
Some time they litter while parked: I was in a parking lot when a couple got into their car, and the girl just sets her Polar Pop on the ground before they drive off. There was a trash can close enough to walk to, but nope. "Someone else will kindly dispose of that for me," thought Princess @sshat of the Trustfund Kingdom.

We were always taught to bring all our garbage home with us if out. I remember ads on tv when younger with aboriginals telling us to keep our land and waterways clean.
woodsy owl, smokey bear, that ranger guy all green on the bag, Iron eyes cody...but now days pharmaceuticals have all the money for commercials

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter