Why Do People Feel It's OK To Decorate Resort Windows?

Last trip was the first time I'd stayed on Disney property so I had no idea people decorated. But after getting the DISigners on here to make me some pretties and seeing other people pics, we are going to decorate. If my son has to spend over a week away from home, I might as well cutesy up the place and make it as cozy as I can for him.

I have not read all ten pages so please forgive me if this has already been pointed out, but to the OP I would highly suggest you stay away from Fort Wilderness. Campsites all over the place are well decorated throughout the year there.

My family actually loves all the decorations and even go out just to look at what everyone has done. :cool1: To anyone who doesn't like it, sorry but the people who are decorating their space are paying the same as everyone else to rent those rooms and for those few days the rooms are theirs to decorate as they like!

Wow, who would have thought something as fun as a few lights and clings can cause just a discussion:happytv:

I have not read all ten pages so please forgive me if this has already been pointed out, but to the OP I would highly suggest you stay away from Fort Wilderness. Campsites all over the place are well decorated throughout the year there.

My family actually loves all the decorations and even go out just to look at what everyone has done. :cool1: To anyone who doesn't like it, sorry but the people who are decorating their space are paying the same as everyone else to rent those rooms and for those few days the rooms are theirs to decorate as they like!

We love seeing the lights and decorations at FW as well! When we have time, we love to head over there to see what everyone has done. Just adds to the magic for us! And for those who thinks it makes Disney look tacky... isn't Disney already a little tacky? That is its charm!

We love seeing the lights and decorations at FW as well! When we have time, we love to head over there to see what everyone has done. Just adds to the magic for us! And for those who thinks it makes Disney look tacky... isn't Disney already a little tacky? That is its charm!

Isn't it fun!! For Halloween they will actually do a golf cart parade of all the decorated carts and trick or treating for guest at the Fort. I think the home town feel at the Fort is part of what my family loves so much about it! :thumbsup2

We decorate our room and window when we are there for our Christmas stay..hey its Christmas and without decorations it would be just wouldn't be the same...as for the OP and others who agree with the OP I personally would rather see window decorations than someone who puffs smoke from a cigarette while walking down main street after wishes and that smoke goes in my daughters face while I have her on my shoudlers..but thats for another time and place....:rolleyes1

we have stayed at POP the last two times and myDD put her towel animals and stuffed minnies in the windows....will be doing the same in March, plus I might make a sign since we are celebrating her 11th bday....not tacky in my eyes, just fun!!!

Ok, I haven't read all the posts but honestly I've never understood why people decorated either. Now mind you, I really don't care, if it makes them happy go for it. I've always wondered if they did the same thing when they go to the beach or somewhere else on vacation. and if not, why at Disney? But again.... let me say it again... it doesn't bother me, do what you want... I just think it's a little strange. (And I'm entitled to my opinion so don't jump on me please.)

as for the OP and others who agree with the OP I personally would rather see window decorations than someone who puffs smoke from a cigarette while walking down main street after wishes and that smoke goes in my daughters face while I have her on my shoudlers..but thats for another time and place....:rolleyes1

:thumbsup2 I AGREE!!

I don't mind decorating and such, but the people next to us in September had signs with their names on it and they fell down ALOT. I fixed them whenever I saw them down (I know I didn't have to but im kinda OCD) ...if you are going to put stuff up at least make sure they arent falling and blowing infront of my door...I always felt guilty when I accidentally stepped on them. And they used Duct Tape that can't be good on doors that had been painted in the past 2 months

Also..have not read all 10 pages, but I LOVE to see the decorated windows! It just is a concrete image of how much fun people have in the Happiest Place on Earth! :thumbsup2 We have stayed at Pop and ASM before, but choose Contemporary now due to the convenience of getting to MK with small children...we are NOT "Deluxe Snobs" by any means, but I do truely HATE the buses! ;) We don't see much decorating at Contemporary and kind of miss the fun we had at Pop and ASM with the cool windows and the "surprises" from housekeeping. We haven't had that really FUN atmosphere at Contemporary...once the kids are older, I see us back at the values for all the "silly" Disney fun!! :cool1:

I think it looks tacky, but it doesn't annoy me. :confused3

I do think if Disney World wanted window decorating, they would be capitalizing on it by selling stuff *galore* to decorate with in the gift shops...and they don't.

I will be going to Disney over Christmas and decorating my resort window...if i am paying the money to stay there then a few window clings isnt going to hurt anyone.
Have a Merry Christmas :santa:

I'm pretty sure if Martha Stewart went to Disney World she would decorate her window, and can you imagine how gorgeous it would be?

I love seeing ALL kinds of window decorations, they bring me lots of smiles! Thank you to all the people who put in the time and effort to decorate your resort "homes"! Many of your resort "neighbors" truly enjoy your little displays of happiness! :)

Magic and Wishes!

When we were there is 2008, we had 3 rooms on the ground floor, right beside the hippy dippy pool at POP. We decorated all our windows and while sitting out by the pool could hear all the happy comments coming from the people who would pass by. There were some kids who were upset there windows did not look like that, but for the most part we had several people stop and look. I think it makes their day to see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter