• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why Can't DVC Call Back When They Hang Up On Us?

CraftyMommy

Mouseketeer
This morning I waited on hold for 93 minutes before a lady answered my call. She verified my info and found out what changes I need to make. I can't make them online because DVC has this dumb system that requires you to call if you're booking a trip that starts and ends in 2 different use years. She went to put me on hold to make the changes and disconnected the call. They have all of my information in front of them. Why won't they call me back when they hang up on me? I'm on hold again waiting to talk to another rep. It's been 53 minutes so far and says I have another 59 minutes left to wait. This has got to be the thing that annoys me the most about DVC. If you hang up on me, CALL ME BACK! I worked in a call center for 5 years for an insurance company. If we accidentally hung up on someone we would get in big trouble if we didn't call the customer back. I'm so ticked off at DVC right now and, unfortunately, the person who gets my next call is going to get an ear full of my frustration.

The real problem with MS phone calls is that it has been having these problems for months now and apparently nothing is being done to fix them despite member complaints and DVC's obvious knowledge that there is a serious problem. If DVC is not going to make MS easy to reach, it should at least have a call-back system where, for example, you get the option to leave your number and get a call-back rather than just wait on the line, but DVC has apparently not even considered that option during these many months that it has been providing lousy service.

Although you cannot make a single reservation with DVC that overlaps use years without calling, you can try doing the reservations online. That requires doing two separate reservations, one for the time in the first use year and one for the time in the second use year (which second reservation cannot be done until 11 or 7 months out from the beginning date of the second reservation). You can then have DVC merge or link those reservations, which will eliminate the need to change rooms, via an email to MS on the DVC website, and thus not have to wait all that time on the phone.

Unfortunately they don’t have it set up. They sent an email saying that they are hiring more staff and updating the system because they know it is unacceptable.

Hopefully, what they are doing happens quickly!

It is ridiculous, i have tried 4 x in the last 2 weeks to get thru and have to hang up due to "WORK" if you have any existing reservation and you add a party to the reservation, why cant we be able to purchase Theme park tickets online!?!

Unfortunately they don’t have it set up. They sent an email saying that they are hiring more staff and updating the system because they know it is unacceptable.

Hopefully, what they are doing happens quickly!
We are past quickly here, it shouldn't take more than 24 hours to setup a call back system.

Along the same lines, why don't they implement the automated callback system like most other modern, civilized companies do? "If you'd like a call back, press 1. We will call you back when it is your turn. You will not lose your place in the queue." The amazing part is that actually saves them money on the 800# charges. Then again, members pay for the 800# so I guess it doesn't matter now that I think about it further.. :confused3

Member Services is working from home. That brings complications. Not an excuse, but that is what is happening.

I have been calling for 53 minutes this morning (18 times so far) and have not even gotten to hold. I get a message that all team members are busy, please try calling back later.

I have never had this issue before and it is totally unacceptable. This is the first I have had to deal with MS in about a year, but this is the first time it has ever happened to me. I am calling to purchase OTU points. Why can they just not have us buy those points online? It makes no sense to me.

I have been calling for 53 minutes this morning (18 times so far) and have not even gotten to hold. I get a message that all team members are busy, please try calling back later.

I have never had this issue before and it is totally unacceptable. This is the first I have had to deal with MS in about a year, but this is the first time it has ever happened to me. I am calling to purchase OTU points. Why can they just not have us buy those points online? It makes no sense to me.
I called @ 8:59am and waited till 9:00 before pushing #7 for other and waited 20 min before someone picked up.......might want to try Lucky #7 if you get thru

It’s completely ridiculous. I avoid calling DVC at all costs. I try to do everything online if I can even get through via chat which is also difficult. If they want to run so bare bones, then they need to increase the amount of things we can do online…like renewing APs.

wait times are absolutely insane. isn't sufficient staffing budgeted in our dues??
Yes, it is, which does make me question if they are manipulating the dues. I know, I know, they are “audited,” but this situation has made it pretty obvious to me that they are figuring out a way to use the dues for other things nonetheless.

I've been hung up on twice this morning. First after about 45 minutes and second about 25 minutes. It has never been so difficult to spend $$$$$$$$ with any other company! :badpc:

Member Service staff got furloughed just like other departments. Although I've heard they've all been called back. But if I were furloughed without knowing when or if I'd be able to come back, I'd look for another job. I'm sure that's what a lot of them did.

Yes, it is, which does make me question if they are manipulating the dues. I know, I know, they are “audited,” but this situation has made it pretty obvious to me that they are figuring out a way to use the dues for other things nonetheless.

I've had the same thought. The current regime running things isn't instilling a lot of confidence in me. Sure I've had complaints all along, as is my right as an owner, but this current group seems even more heavily profit-driven in the immediate term than prior management.

Member Service staff got furloughed just like other departments. Although I've heard they've all been called back. But if I were furloughed without knowing when or if I'd be able to come back, I'd look for another job. I'm sure that's what a lot of them did.

Why would they be furloughed if dues were paying for them? Sure they gave us a small credit but is that really where they got it from?

A call back system should be at the top of a priority list for management. I think a lot of us have tried to give grace because of Covid issues, but eventually you reach a point where it's not an excuse anymore.

Please don't take it out on the cast member that answers though - the last thing we need is another employee who quits because of job stress and an email directed to someone who actually has leverage on this issue would be more effective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter