Why Are There a Million Hair Bands on Everest Mountain???

Unlike throwing coins in various waters at WDW and making a wish,this doesn't seem to have a "purpose".

My favorite "theory" is that teen girls celebrating the transition from girl to woman throw them as a sign their "pony-tail little girl" days are over.lol:)

They also throw them form the ski lift at Blizzard Beach.:)

There are a ton of them at the end of 7 Dwarfs Mine Train right before you go by the hut where Snow White is dancing with the Dwarfs. It's just silly, and I can't imagine it's great for the local wildlife.

Well it’s what these theme parks market towards.... teenagers. Unfortunately there is a population of them who just don’t care and throw stuff like hairbands wherever they want...

Lol I actually asked once and was told it started with a cheerleader's during a comp event yrs ago. That's what a cast member told us.

It’s bad, but it’s way better than the gum wall years ago on the Mine Train at Six Flags Atlanta. There was a slow moving part before a tunnel and both walls of the shed were covered in gum.

As a memorial to the once working yeti animatronic :(

But I actually just saw this earlier this month, glad someone else remembered to comment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter