Why Are Parks So Crowed Today? (May 1st)

whatfun

Earning My Ears
Why are the parks so crowed today?
I thought early May was supposed to be lower crowd levels?

Is there something going on the first week of May?

I was expecting Hollywood Studios to be crowded on May 4th due to Star Wars day.
However all the parks are crowded.
Wait times are really up from what I expected for early May.

I guess all the Vlogs telling people early May was least crowded, packed the parks?

How much do the cheer groups really affect the parks?

Thanks for your replies!

I've been watching crowd levels for several weeks as we want to go next year sometime around now, and Monday's have been the busiest day of the week so the rest of the week might be better. We went beginning of May a few years ago and it was busier than predicted then too.

I've been watching crowd levels for several weeks as we want to go next year sometime around now, and Monday's have been the busiest day of the week so the rest of the week might be better. We went beginning of May a few years ago and it was busier than predicted then too.

I was there Tuesday-Friday last week and crowd levels felt pretty low to me!

Hmm, I haven’t noticed EPCOT being especially crowded, but then Frozen, Rat and TT stopped offering LL hours ago, so maybe it is?

Why are the parks so crowed today?
I thought early May was supposed to be lower crowd levels?

Is there something going on the first week of May?
because nobody really chimed in yet. this may be a busy week due to the Cheerleading Summit.
thousand of cheerleaders descend on disney for this and in between and after competitions head to the parks

However all the parks are crowded.
Wait times are really up from what I expected for early May.

I guess all the Vlogs telling people early May was least crowded, packed the parks?

I hate to say, they may be more crowded than you expected, but parks are not "packed". What you'll see this week is what a "low crowd" is anymore and lighter than much of the year. The data backs that up, though it did show larger-than-typical crowds at Epcot and AK for yesterday, and lower at HS and MK.

I’m at MK today - I’ve waited an hour for Jungle Cruise -never again without an LL. The waits other popular rides like Pirates and HM seem also about an hour, though the Genie+ LL by now are around 1 pm

PPF LL is 6:15, Small World is 12:05 - 35 min standby …

Mixed bag, IMO

There really is no slow time anymore
With the AP now, it will be busy from now on.

If you think if is bad this week, wait till June. The rest of the year will be horrible.
Summer, fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Just no calm time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter