• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whose excited about Biergarten Family Style??

Depends on what is served. I'll have 2 preteen girls with me so hopefully there will be options they like.

I actually had a Biergarten reservation before they were all taken away. :laughing: I was excited to try it for the first time. However, now that Epcot will be having a festival, I've decided not to book any ADRs in Epcot.

I'm somewhat introverted and when I think about sharing a table with people I get a little nervous but in the end we have had some great conversations with people we have been seated with. My husband is an extrovert so he usually initiates conversation. So in the end I usually don't mind having to sit with other people. With that said I'm also pretty excited to not have to sit with other people too. I just hope there is sauerbraten and cheesy spatzel on the menu because that is my favorite. Although if the polka band isn't performing then I won't be eating there until they show up. I make a pretty close version to the Biergarten sauerbraten and spatzel at home but I can't have a live polka band play in my home! (Actually I probably could because I live in Wisconsin and there are a lot of polka bands around!)

we are SO in!!! LOVE the food there! LOVE the music! I didnt mind sitting with others, but one trip we had a really awful experience and havent been back since, 4 years ago. I will for sure make a adr for Sept!

The family style option for the buffets are better than nothing I suppose. Do we know if they are just bringing dishes to the table, or perhaps they'll have a larger offering on the menu and you can choose what you want brought to your table? My guess is that they'll just bring you designated dishes, otherwise it will produce a lot of waste potentially.

Has there been any word if they will stop the communal seating at Biergarten? Last time we ate there, DH and I were crammed at one table between a family of 4 and another party of 2.

I have never been to this restaurant. What are the seats like? Are they chairs? Or are they benches where if you were between two families you would need to be able to get your leg up and over the bench to get up and down?

I have never been to this restaurant. What are the seats like? Are they chairs? Or are they benches where if you were between two families you would need to be able to get your leg up and over the bench to get up and down?
At the tables I've sat at there, they are individual chairs and the tables are long 8 top ones. We were elbow to elbow with our neighbors. I imagine they will have to limit the tables to your own party now, or perhaps parties of 2 will sit at the opposite end of the table from another party of 2. Things like that.

Or they could do every other table, staggering across the aisle from each other. Whenever we've gone they never used the upper floors, just the lower two or three levels. Although it has been a few years since we last ate there.

I never minded the buffet at Biergarten, but I hated sitting with other people which is why we avoided it. I'd have to see what was offered in the family style meal, but it might be an option for us now assuming they will now only seat a single party at each table.

Dang it, Disney! I'm sure what they bring to your table is going to be much more limited than buffet choices. I'm also sure since they will save tons of money on family style service, they won't be brining back the buffet. Ugh.

I'm somewhat introverted and when I think about sharing a table with people I get a little nervous but in the end we have had some great conversations with people we have been seated with. My husband is an extrovert so he usually initiates conversation. So in the end I usually don't mind having to sit with other people. With that said I'm also pretty excited to not have to sit with other people too. I just hope there is sauerbraten and cheesy spatzel on the menu because that is my favorite. Although if the polka band isn't performing then I won't be eating there until they show up. I make a pretty close version to the Biergarten sauerbraten and spatzel at home but I can't have a live polka band play in my home! (Actually I probably could because I live in Wisconsin and there are a lot of polka bands around!)
I don't think we will be sharing tables with other parties in these times.

At the tables I've sat at there, they are individual chairs and the tables are long 8 top ones. We were elbow to elbow with our neighbors. I imagine they will have to limit the tables to your own party now, or perhaps parties of 2 will sit at the opposite end of the table from another party of 2. Things like that.
yeah that's how i understand it now no mixed seating anymore, no more awkward conversations when people ask where you are from you say down the road and they don't have anything to talk to you about :)

Im an introvert but I never minded the other ppl at the table. On the other hand my hubby has never met a stranger and strikes up conversation with ppl around us and it always became enjoyable and not akward.
I really want to know what food is going to be brought to the table. The variety was one of my favorites about Biergarten. Loved all the different salads, sausage, schnitzel and hunter gravy, pretzel rolls.

Or they could do every other table, staggering across the aisle from each other. Whenever we've gone they never used the upper floors, just the lower two or three levels. Although it has been a few years since we last ate there.
Every other table wouldn't address the concern of strangers sitting at the same table though. They'd have to break up the communal seating for it to work.

The shared tables are the biggest reason we haven't tried Biergarten previously...if they only seat one group per table we may give it a try. Buffet vs family style, I'd probably prefer family style anyways.

We have gone twice with strangers and twice when we have enough family with us to take up whole table. I don't mind talking to people , but really hate squeezing my fluffy body getting in and out past strangers.

As far as family service, I would love a combo idea. Bring a platter of 8 items, but you can also order any other these items too. I tend to eat the 4 things three times over. DH will eat 12 different things over two plates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter