Whos stayed at YC and/or GF with 2 toddlers?

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
For our next trip, we'll have a 4 year old and a 1 1/2 year old. Originally we planned on staying at the Yacht Club because we love it there. Then we planned on the Grand Floridian, figuring we'd be at Magic Kingdom most of the time. Now, the more we think about it, we don't know where to stay! We definitely have it narrowed down to 4....WL, AKL, YC or GF (most likely YC or GF). Can anyone tell me their experiences with two small children getting to and from parks, restaurants, anything, good or bad that could help our decision? Thanks!

If you are going to spend most of your time at MK then I would say WL or GF. Your toddlers will be very happy at WL, IMHO.

We had a very good experience with the boat transportation. It was just as convenient as the monorail to us.

I also don't think you would be sorry with AKL. It is a great hotel and the transportation is great.

I guess you have to decide if you MUST be on the monorail.

Our kids really enjoyed WL. They are 4 and 6 so I can understand where your smaller child might need some nap time fairly quickly.

Good luck with your decision.

I wouldn't go YC if you intend on spending most of your time at MK.

This must be your lucky day, because I've stayed at all 4 with 2 toddlers!!!! Here is my thoughts on each, in no particular order:

GF - This is a nice resort, very convient to the MK, but in my opinion I felt weird here. It might have been since we were staying in the main building and to get back to my room, I had to cut through the lobby in my bathing suit!!!:eek: :eek: My kids liked it, but getting to Epcot from here is a nightmare, to monorails, usually takes an hour!!!!

WL - This is my favorite resort, we're also DVC members here, so we stay here a lot. This is a very relaxing place, you really don't feel like you're at WDW here. I always feel removed from the hustle bustle of the parks while here and it relaxes me!!! Quick boat launch to MK, can just roll strollers on/off so just as convient as the monorail. We've never had a problem with bus service, but there have been reports of long waits. The main pool is great, but the pool by the villas is better in my opinion. Bubbles coming up from the bottom, and NEVER crowded like the main pool.

AKL - THis is my 2nd favorite resort!!! It also is just as relaxing and removed from WDW as the WL. Sitting on my balcony and watching the animals was AMAZING!!! The pool also was great. I did feel like the MK was a far commute, but not that bad. If you're planning on spending a lot of time at MK, I might think twice about staying here. I'd never hesitate to stay her again.

YC - The best pool on property!!! SAB is GREAT and with the sand portion in the kiddie area, the kids just love that!!! I had a bad stay here, and wouldn't stay here again, I'm staying at the BC this summer. If you do decide on the YC, make your only request to be near the elevators. I didn't and was about as far as you can get from them. About a 7- 10 minute walk every time. Wasn't that bad in the mornings, but with tired children and adults was a bit long for me. The closeness of Epcot and MGM is great, we always walked to both, thought the launch took too long.

Let me know if you have any further questions!!

We stayed at the YC with a 4 y/o, 3 y/o and 8 month old. We spent a lot of time at the MK and didn't mind the bus transportation at all. We had the boats to Epcot and MGM, plus we had Cape May Cafe, Beaches and Cream, and Stormalong Bay. I don't know if your children are different, but the pool matters most to mine.

Kim

Another vote for YC. We stayed there with our two DDs when they were 3.5 and 1.5 and again at 4.5 and 2.5.

They absolutely LOVED Stormalong Bay for pool time, and it was nice walking to Epcot (pushing strollers is easiest) and taking the boat to MGM - you could push the strollers right on the boat. The bus for MK stops here first, and while you have to fold them up on the bus, we didn't mind too much with plenty of room on the bus.

This last Christmas we stayed at GF, and while it was really nice being so close to the MK, the bus to AK was terrible. MGM was almost as bad. Seemed we always got stuck standing (even the girls) and its not easy holding on to a little one and two strollers at the same time! And it does take two monorail waits and trips to get to Epcot. The pool was fun, but they missed SAB - just love playing in the sand and the pool at the same time.

We stayed at GF with 3 young kids. We had a wonderful stay. The monorails were great... We didn't have any problems getting to Epcot. Getting to Mk was wonderful.. We could literally leave 15 minutes before we wanted to be at there.

Like the above user, I wouldn't like staying in the main building. We stayed in the sugar loaf building. I like the sprawled out resort feel instead of the hotel feel. That's why, as much as I'm sure we'd enjoy it, we haven't done AKL yet. I like walking outside to my building and not feeling like I need to have a cover up on whnever I'm walking in a bathing suit...but that's just my preference. We have friends that LOVE Akl.

I don't think there is a disney resort that isn't very child friendly.

Jess

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter