Who's ready for a late summer room discount?

I was really hoping we would have a discount for late July/August by now! What is taking so long?!:confused3
I'm still waiting also! I did get an email yesterday that now says you have to book the current "free ticket day" package by May 2nd. I don't remember there being an end date before? Maybe this is a sign of good things to come? :-)

I'm still waiting also! I did get an email yesterday that now says you have to book the current "free ticket day" package by May 2nd. I don't remember there being an end date before? Maybe this is a sign of good things to come? :-)
Good catch! Hmmm...I wonder if we will have to wait until then for a new deal. I sure hope not!

Oh boy I hope we dont have to wait until that discount expires in May for Disney to release something! 🤦‍♀️

Room Rate discounts for late summer have come out on 4/24 the past few years (obviously except last year). I'm assuming it will be around that date this year as well. I currently have the 2 free days, but that is a minimal discount, and likely not enough to keep my reservation for my end of August trip. There is still far too many unknowns on what entertainment and other restrictions will still be in place for me to pay almost full price.

Room Rate discounts for late summer have come out on 4/24 the past few years (obviously except last year). I'm assuming it will be around that date this year as well. I currently have the 2 free days, but that is a minimal discount, and likely not enough to keep my reservation for my end of August trip. There is still far too many unknowns on what entertainment and other restrictions will still be in place for me to pay almost full price.

I really keep hoping we see something soon. We have never done a Disney trip without some type of discount or free dining. We also have a July into August trip booked, 12 days, with only the 2 free ticket day package. What I'm hoping is that when\if a discount hits, it falls in our dates, but also for the room type we have booked. (Standard view at the Wilderness Lodge). I really hate when they limit the room types for discounts and you wind up paying hundreds more for a "view".

Last edited:
I am locked in at Wilderness lodge for August 21 - 29 with the 2 free day promo. I too am also waiting for a room discount. However, I have been monitoring resort prices and they have been going up. If I were to book my same room ( i had to use nature view as standard is sold out) today it would be almost $1000 more than what I paid a month or so ago. Even if there is a discount I wonder if I would even save anything. Here is to hoping!

Edit. Nature view is now unavailable so I used Courtyard view. It is exactly $1000 more than what I am paying.

I am locked in at Wilderness lodge for August 21 - 29 with the 2 free day promo. I too am also waiting for a room discount. However, I have been monitoring resort prices and they have been going up. If I were to book my same room ( i had to use nature view as standard is sold out) today it would be almost $1000 more than what I paid a month or so ago. Even if there is a discount I wonder if I would even save anything. Here is to hoping!

Edit. Nature view is now unavailable so I used Courtyard view. It is exactly $1000 more than what I am paying.

That's funny you mention that because I thought I was losing my mind. I'm booked for 8/19-8/27 with the 2 free day promo and I noticed the same thing. It's like a good $1000 bucks more than when I booked it way back when. I too am patiently waiting to see if there is a summer discount, but I'm thinking there is not going to be one and if they do put one out....guaranteed, everything will be "sold out" somehow.

I'm also waiting for the summer discount. We go most years in late August and prices have never been this high. I'm booked at BC, but really hoping to apply something soon to bring the cost into a more reasonable range.

I’m waiting for a mid-late August discount, too. We’re booked at the Poly, and with the refurb, I can’t imagine it will be a large one. It seems like they almost always have some discount available. Crossing my fingers!

I'm hoping for something too! We are a family of 6 who has always done free dining on property. I would love to stay on property in August but really need some kind of deal (other than 2 days free) in order to justify the price difference vs staying off site. It's so expensive! But I don't want to wait too long to purchase tickets and reserve the parks! Hopefully it will be by the end of April.

I’m hoping for a discount to drop soon, too. We are booked at the BC for 13 nights in August with the two free day ticket package but the discount is going to have to be greater for me to keep my reservation. Too much is still closed and/or not happening to be paying almost full price.

Looking for a discount late July for a long weekend to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary. We don’t want to go to the parks, so we would like a deluxe resort, but man the prices are high!!😫

I just booked a package with the two park days free promotion for mid July. I received a survey afterwards focusing on three things: covid measures, DME, and package promotion comparing the two days free, 30% off rooms and free dining. They specifically asked about perceived value between the two days free promotion and free dining. I would love to get the free dining promotion - it makes the family happier when we have free dining!

That's funny you mention that because I thought I was losing my mind. I'm booked for 8/19-8/27 with the 2 free day promo and I noticed the same thing. It's like a good $1000 bucks more than when I booked it way back when. I too am patiently waiting to see if there is a summer discount, but I'm thinking there is not going to be one and if they do put one out....guaranteed, everything will be "sold out" somehow.
I hope so, too! Booked at WL 8/18 - 8/28 and really don’t want to pay rack rate. Though I’m not really getting my hopes up. See you there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter