Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

We will be arriving Saturday May 11. Since we will be flying from SLC, we may take a red eye on Friday night and get there early. It is a LONG flight.

So stoked!! I am kinda hoping for maybe a dismeet if anyone is up to it!:flower3:

My daughter and I will be arriving on the 11th also, we plan to take the earliest flight possible.

We are the 9 - 16, but on the 11th we will be spending the day in Daytona! My hubby is going to be driving the NASCAR's and then we are going to go to the beach and have dinner somewhere!

P.S. I love Mother's day in the World, what park do you all plan on spending Mother's day? :flower3:

Oh that sounds like so much fun for your DH!! :cool1: What a nice wife you are!

I am thinking of spending the day in EPCOT or MK. It's a hard choice. I guess I will go with which one has the lowest crowd prediction.

What about you?

We are the 9 - 16, but on the 11th we will be spending the day in Daytona! My hubby is going to be driving the NASCAR's and then we are going to go to the beach and have dinner somewhere!

P.S. I love Mother's day in the World, what park do you all plan on spending Mother's day? :flower3:

You know, I knew we'd be there during Mother's Day, but it didn't really *hit* me. Gosh, I'm not sure where I'll spend Mother's Day ... I think I'll wait and see what all the crowd calendars predict for each parks and choose the one that will be the lowest. I'd prefer low crowds for my Mom Day celebration! :lmao::rotfl2:

However ... where will everyone be enjoying Mother's Day dinner at? I think I'll totally look at a character meal! :goodvibes

Oh that sounds like so much fun for your DH!! :cool1: What a nice wife you are!

I am thinking of spending the day in EPCOT or MK. It's a hard choice. I guess I will go with which one has the lowest crowd prediction.

What about you?

Thank you! He drove the NASCAR's at disney world and loved it, but it was a small track, and Daytona is a dream! He works so hard all year long, we just want him to do something special! We have never been on a cruise either and so that should be cool too!

In 2009 we were there for Mother's day and spent it in Animal Kingdom, it was not crowded at all, but then again 2009 was not crowded anywhere! We have pics of us with NOT ONE PERSON IN THE BACKGROUND!!!! Fantastic!!!

That was the year that the economy was tanking and swine flu broke out, people cancelled their trips left and right. We had a great time! :rolleyes1

We arrive May 8; I totally blanked out on the fact that we will be there over Mothers Day! Ah, well, all the more incentive to make my ADRs right on the 180-day mark.

I'm thinking that's a day that we'll start at Epcot but wind up at MK for the late-night EMH, so dinner really could be just about anyplace. And then on Monday sleep late and have a non-park day. Probably a late breakfast and then spend the afternoon at a water park, with a resort dinner (hmmm....might be a good night for HDDR).

Count me in!!! :thumbsup2 We just returned home on June 7th from 10 nights and now I'm ready to book for 2013.

Carla

Count me in as well!

Road trip from Oklahoma to Disney World May 12th, and staying till the 24th at AoA. Can't wait!!

Free Dining would be the icing on the cake!

You can call and book a Room-only reservation now. I've already booked mine for May 11-18, 2013. However, if you want to do a package, you will have to wait. :thumbsup2 (And you can't book RO for 2013 online -- you have to call.) :goodvibes

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm wondering what the benefit of booking before packages come out is. Does it just guarantee you to get a room in the resort you want? Can you apply a package to a RO reservation once packages are released? My FI and I are planning our Disneymoon for May 2013. We want to stay in the little mermaid section of AoA, so should we book early to make sure we get in? Thanks!!

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm wondering what the benefit of booking before packages come out is. Does it just guarantee you to get a room in the resort you want? Can you apply a package to a RO reservation once packages are released? My FI and I are planning our Disneymoon for May 2013. We want to stay in the little mermaid section of AoA, so should we book early to make sure we get in? Thanks!!

A RO now does give you the security that you have a room if they get booked the day packages are released ... but if you decide to do a package, you'll have to cancel your RO and book a package. The RO deposit will not roll over to a package deposit (and vice versa). So if you're going to be using the same funds to pay for the RO deposit and the package deposit, it will be a few days before you will get your refund.

The last time we had to move from RO to package, it took 4 business days to get our refund. The CM said 3-5 business days. I've heard reports of people getting them quicker, as well as later, but it's luck of the draw. ;)

We don't even know if we'll do a package. I'll probably wait and see if any package discounts are released ... and if it's good, then we'll switch over. Otherwise, we'll stick with RO and order our tickets through another retailer. A % off RO discount seems to be pretty available year-round ... so at least we'd have that if no other discounts were available for our dates. :thumbsup2

A RO now does give you the security that you have a room if they get booked the day packages are released ... but if you decide to do a package, you'll have to cancel your RO and book a package. The RO deposit will not roll over to a package deposit (and vice versa). So if you're going to be using the same funds to pay for the RO deposit and the package deposit, it will be a few days before you will get your refund.

The last time we had to move from RO to package, it took 4 business days to get our refund. The CM said 3-5 business days. I've heard reports of people getting them quicker, as well as later, but it's luck of the draw. ;)

We don't even know if we'll do a package. I'll probably wait and see if any package discounts are released ... and if it's good, then we'll switch over. Otherwise, we'll stick with RO and order our tickets through another retailer. A % off RO discount seems to be pretty available year-round ... so at least we'd have that if no other discounts were available for our dates. :thumbsup2

Okay! That makes sense. Thanks for such a detailed response!!!

We arrive May 8; I totally blanked out on the fact that we will be there over Mothers Day! Ah, well, all the more incentive to make my ADRs right on the 180-day mark.

I'm thinking that's a day that we'll start at Epcot but wind up at MK for the late-night EMH, so dinner really could be just about anyplace. And then on Monday sleep late and have a non-park day. Probably a late breakfast and then spend the afternoon at a water park, with a resort dinner (hmmm....might be a good night for HDDR).

How do you know when the extra magic hours are on Mother's day?

Your room only booking can be applied to a package immediately IF YOU PAID WITH A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER! I have asked this a dozen times, and always get the same answer, due to a money order being secure funds, and if the check had already cleared it can be moved around!

Your room only booking can be applied to a package immediately IF YOU PAID WITH A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER! I have asked this a dozen times, and always get the same answer, due to a money order being secure funds, and if the check had already cleared it can be moved around!

Hmm... :scratchin That's interesting. I was told they couldn't relocate the funds because it's actually two separate companies. Then again, I always pay with my CC. :lmao: So good to know that checks and MOs will get moved instead of refunded. :thumbsup2

I am not quite sure you were given the correct information. The room only reservations and the package reservations are booked through two different systems.

The number of days to pay the deposit is now only 7 days and with the way the postal service is runnng now-a-days, you'd almost have to overnight, priority mail or fed ex your money order that same day in order for it to reach them in time. I am also not sure if they accept personal checks any more. Seems like I read somewhere that they don't.

Having said all that, I could be wrong but I am going by what I have always been told by CMs, personal experience and others' experiences here on the Disboards.

Hmm... :scratchin That's interesting. I was told they couldn't relocate the funds because it's actually two separate companies. Then again, I always pay with my CC. :lmao: So good to know that checks and MOs will get moved instead of refunded. :thumbsup2

I always thought the same thing. Learn something new every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter