Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

I'm going June 2013. I too was worried discounts may not be as good with the expansion. I decided to try renting DVC points so I'm guaranteed an awesome price. We're staying at AKL for 9 nights for $1331.00 which is even better than free dining. It feels great not having to stress out the discounts!:cool1:

Yea last year there was a couple of good public discounts for that time period at the end of May. There was a room discount, FD, and Kids stary and Play for free. I haven't seen anything special for this May, so hopefully we get at least one good one for next year.

I haven't seen anything really great for this year either......hoping for a good one next year too!

I'm going June 2013. I too was worried discounts may not be as good with the expansion. I decided to try renting DVC points so I'm guaranteed an awesome price. We're staying at AKL for 9 nights for $1331.00 which is even better than free dining. It feels great not having to stress out the discounts!:cool1:

We thought of renting DVC also and getting YES tickets for our tickets. Thinking I need to check that out also - were you able to book your DVC already for next year? That would be great to have things done!

If there isn't a FD code - we will for sure be trying to get our trip to line up with dates so our DS11 could do a YES group. I think he would have a blast! :goodvibes

We thought of renting DVC also and getting YES tickets for our tickets. Thinking I need to check that out also - were you able to book your DVC already for next year? That would be great to have things done! :goodvibes

No, we don't have a reservation but we already signed a contract and paid a deposit with the DVC owner. The owner will call at 9 AM at exactly 11 mos. out, as stated in our contract, so we will most likely get what we want. We did a price comparison with a hypothetical FD pin and still come out cheaper by about $700.00 paying OOP for the dining plan! Planning on the YES tickets also.

No, we don't have a reservation but we already signed a contract and paid a deposit with the DVC owner. The owner will call at 9 AM at exactly 11 mos. out, as stated in our contract, so we will most likely get what we want. We did a price comparison with a hypothetical FD pin and still come out cheaper by about $700.00 paying OOP for the dining plan! Planning on the YES tickets also.

This sounds exactly like what we are looking into. I didn't realize you could make the arrangements before the 11 month mark. Did you use a DVC point broker like David's service or are you renting from an individual? As for YES tickets, I am just going by this year's dates and hoping that they will be the same for next year. I do wish they would at least post the YES class schedule earlier than February. It sure would make planning easier.

This sounds exactly like what we are looking into. I didn't realize you could make the arrangements before the 11 month mark. Did you use a DVC point broker like David's service or are you renting from an individual? As for YES tickets, I am just going by this year's dates and hoping that they will be the same for next year. I do wish they would at least post the YES class schedule earlier than February. It sure would make planning easier.

I would also like to know if you used David's service.....:goodvibes

I, too wish that they would show a class schedule earlier. I would love to get some dates pinned down exactly!:surfweb:

How do you get these codes? I read about people here using them or wishing they had them but how do you sign up or get them? Thanks!

I would also like to know if you used David's service.....:goodvibes

I, too wish that they would show a class schedule earlier. I would love to get some dates pinned down exactly!:surfweb:

We'd really like to coordinate the YES tickets with Star Wars weekends. It looks like this year the first YES classes are on June 12th and the last day of SWW is June 10th. Do you have a guess for how 2013 will play out? Assuming that the YES schedule will be more or less the same for 2013, I'm mostly comcerned about SWW dates. Since May 31st is a Friday and June 1st-2nd are Sat & Sun, I'm wondering if SWW will go from May 16th - June 9th or from May 24th - June 16th. I'd prefer it to go until June 16th, but in the past SWW had only been in May, so who knows what 2013 will be.

We are planning a 10 day trip for 9 adults in January around the Marathon Weekend. We have runners in our group, so we do this every other year. We come from California, Colorado, Missouri, Iowa and Delaware!
Come on 2013!

How do you get these codes? I read about people here using them or wishing they had them but how do you sign up or get them? Thanks!

Hi! You can get codes a number of ways. There are public codes that will be published on the Disney website (and here on the Dis!). There are also codes that are private pin codes that are either emailed or snail mailed to you (or a family member) personally. These codes are for your use only and cannot be shared (like here on the Dis).

A number of us have been lucky enough to get these private codes. First of all - you should sign up :surfweb:on the Disney website to make sure they have your home and email address. Second, a lot of us order the free planning guides, maps, ect to get us on the elusive list (hopefully!!!).

These codes can be a HUGE savings. There have been 10%-40% off codes, kids stay and play free codes and free dining codes. These codes can be for dates that you would never think there would be codes available (I got free dining for the last 2 years over Memorial Day weekend/week!).

So - I would go sign up for everything you can on the Disney website and keep your fingers crossed for some pixie dust! :wizard:Good luck!

We'd really like to coordinate the YES tickets with Star Wars weekends. It looks like this year the first YES classes are on June 12th and the last day of SWW is June 10th. Do you have a guess for how 2013 will play out? Assuming that the YES schedule will be more or less the same for 2013, I'm mostly comcerned about SWW dates. Since May 31st is a Friday and June 1st-2nd are Sat & Sun, I'm wondering if SWW will go from May 16th - June 9th or from May 24th - June 16th. I'd prefer it to go until June 16th, but in the past SWW had only been in May, so who knows what 2013 will be.

UGH! I am guessing the last SWW will be June 9th weekend too. We really want to do the YES and SWW too...........I wish the class dates would be out sooner than Feb.!!!

UGH! I am guessing the last SWW will be June 9th weekend too. We really want to do the YES and SWW too...........I wish the class dates would be out sooner than Feb.!!!

It looks like we are in the same situation. I'd like to rent DVC points at the 11 month mark, but I am just too nervous with the uncertainty of the SWW and YES dates. What to do, what to do?! :confused3

Hello. Planning a trip for beginning of May 2013 too. Have been before but am looking around at maybe staying at a WD resort (in the past we have stayed offsite). We will have a group of 8 (2 families of 4). What is YES stand for. Any ideas or help would be great. Need all the discounts as for everything is
SO expensive now days. THANKS!!!!

It looks like we are in the same situation. I'd like to rent DVC points at the 11 month mark, but I am just too nervous with the uncertainty of the SWW and YES dates. What to do, what to do?! :confused3

I know! I don't know what to do either!!! :confused3

And I really want to start booking things asap since I am missing Disney so much!!!!

Hello. Planning a trip for beginning of May 2013 too. Have been before but am looking around at maybe staying at a WD resort (in the past we have stayed offsite). We will have a group of 8 (2 families of 4). What is YES stand for. Any ideas or help would be great. Need all the discounts as for everything is
SO expensive now days. THANKS!!!!

Hi there! Not really sure what YES exactly stands for - but I know that we can all buy YES tickets through Disney when our kids take a class on a date that we will be there. I search "Disney YES Individual" on google to find the website. (For individual tickets - you need a group of 10 for a class I believe)

These tickets can be bought at a huge savings and your kids get a fun class (From what it sounds!) at Disney! Win- Win! So to do this - you would have to book your resort rooms seperately - and you cannot do the dining plan when doing it like this since you aren't buying a package from Disney.

This year, the Disney YES class dates for individuals were announced at the beginning of Feb.

Trying to save money with 2 families of 4 - I would look at one of the value resorts. Also - keep posted to the DIS and to this thread for any public codes that become available - someone on here will have it posted!:cool1:

Also - many people have had luck getting a personal pin by ordering a trip planning DVD - so I would do that. And - it's always fun to get excited watching the DVD thinking about your next trip!:cloud9:

I hope I have helped and if I left anything out - please ask! One of us will certainly try to help - it's always so great to save money on a trip!!:wizard:

I'm in! We were supposed to go this May, but sadly I had to cancel and rebook for next May. My husband got a new job and wasn't comfortable asking for the time off. I had even gotten FREE dining for this year, so I was really bummed! I am hoping some discounts will come out, I hate paying full price! I have us a room only ressie right now at POFQ. I am so ready to be able to book it as a package! Come on Disney, release package rates for 2013!!!!

Robin

I'm in! We were supposed to go this May, but sadly I had to cancel and rebook for next May. My husband got a new job and wasn't comfortable asking for the time off. I had even gotten FREE dining for this year, so I was really bummed! I am hoping some discounts will come out, I hate paying full price! I have us a room only ressie right now at POFQ. I am so ready to be able to book it as a package! Come on Disney, release package rates for 2013!!!!

Robin

Yay! :goodvibes We wanted to go this May, but it just wasn't in the cards either........I would have loved the free dining! Let's hope for next year!

I also hate paying full price! Let's hope that we all get some great pixie dust! :cool1:

We were going to wait until May 2014 but decided to go early!! We're hoping for any kind of code!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter