Who's going to need a stiff drink ( or 8) to get thru the holiday and why?

Going to need many drinks this holiday season. We are now a family of 3. We leave for Florida tonight, it will be a long drive , but we are in no rush .

It may sound like corny advice, as I have had my share of in-law drama, but just take a deep breath. Never in a million years did I think my life would pan out this way. I would give anything I had to go back in time, and not have this life sentence.

we stay at La Quintas when traveling with our dog. Seems like everyone staying there has a pet. But I’ve never had a smelly room. And I am pretty sensitive to pet smells even though I have a dog. So I hope you don’t get a smelly room.
LOL-thanks.

OhMari NH is so beautiful This time of year, I am jealous!!

This will be our first Christmas without my grandmother, she just passed in October. Some drama with my aunt came about over the course of caring for my grandmother and now there is an estrangement which bothers me a little but nothing to drink over.

Don't need a drink to get through, just enjoy a nice glass of wine by the tree
My dd and her husband live in Bedford, we have a ton of winter clothes and boots with us, since we plan on doing some site seeing. My son and fiancé are flying up from NYC on Christmas and we are taking them back home. We just plan on seeing the tree in Rockefellar Center and going over to Bryant Park. We have been to NYC numerous times, so we don't need to do touristy stuff.

Going to need many drinks this holiday season. We are now a family of 3. We leave for Florida tonight, it will be a long drive , but we are in no rush .

It may sound like corny advice, as I have had my share of in-law drama, but just take a deep breath. Never in a million years did I think my life would pan out this way. I would give anything I had to go back in time, and not have this life sentence.
Hang in there Mommasita, one day or hour or even a foot at a time.

Not sure how this will go this year. It’s the 4th Christmas since my mom has passed and still feel the loss profoundly. However, this year will be a huge change as my 82 yr old dad moved to FL, alone. He lived 2 miles from us, sold his house and had a house built for him. We will not be seeing him, first time all my life haven’t been with him. We are only children, so small family. This year we are traveling 1.5 hrs to spend the day with DS’s GF’s family. They are together 2 years and looking as they will get married. We’ve met before and have met some of her family that will also be there. Will be completely different this year.

Liked your post to let you know I am thinking of you. Many thoughts and prayers to you and your family. We have friends that are in the same situation, 3 years now. Very difficult indeed.

Me. My husband got laid off work several months ago and is home now everyday.
I'm sure he will drive me nuts for more than just through the holidays. His constant "What are you doing?, Where are you going?" is so annoying.

I just had surgery and was told I can't drink for 2 weeks. Plus I am stuck at home too during the recovery. I may go crazy. I can't wait until I'm allowed to do stairs so I can hide upstairs in my craft room and make things.
At least no one is coming to visit us this year and my kids are pretty much adults so while they are at home right now, they are helping out and entertaining themselves.
Wish me luck.

Lost my Mom a week and a half ago, don’t really want to do anything this year. I know we need to try to move forward, but it’s hard.

The day after my Mom died, my son was t-boned in his car. He is OK, but insurance totaled his car, that we bought 4 months ago. So now we need to look for cars amd I hate doing that.

:grouphug:

My dd and her husband live in Bedford, we have a ton of winter clothes and boots with us, since we plan on doing some site seeing. My son and fiancé are flying up from NYC on Christmas and we are taking them back home. We just plan on seeing the tree in Rockefellar Center and going over to Bryant Park. We have been to NYC numerous times, so we don't need to do touristy stuff.
That sounds amazing! My aunt used to live in Bedford but now she is back up in North Conway where my mom and several other family members live. I love it up there.

Mammasita- hugs, hugs and more hugs to you.

Stuck at home myself, recovering from foot surgery. Also having to infuse myself with antibiotics twice a day for the next 6 weeks to help ward off a possible bone infection.

Love sent mommasita. I will keep you in my prayers, and wish you and your family some moments of distraction, if even fleeting, on this trip. :hug:

I lost a loved one right before Christmas tragically twelve years ago. Although I still love Christmas and will continue to do so, well it's just not quite the same. My heart is in the joy of the holidays but there is remembrance of the loss of her since it was days before and my heart breaks for her mother and sister at the same time. And that's okay. I don't see it changing.

This year it doesn't even feel like Christmas for me --- yet (still hopeful). Even though I've hosted a Christmas party here already. My mother is nearing her twentieth year of vascular dementia - yes she is a powerhouse - and is really suffering right now in her final stages. She's is not able to take in much and is losing so much weight. I am simply trying to stay level and sane to care for her. She loves Christmas and always made it magical for her family.

I do have some rum but I'm sure my mother would not appreciate a drunk caregiver. :drinking1;)

I do love Christmas Eve and try very hard to keep that. To me, it's a night of pure magic. So much so for me that I often feel that one can literally feel it in the air.

I learned a long time ago not to participate in the drama. I hate that one person in DH's family is allowed to make trouble and disrupt everyone being together for the holidays with her bad behavior. So, as I've don't many times in the past, we will invite all of the in-laws and my parents. I do this know that if sis-in-law is invited them Aunt-in-law may be a no-show along with a couple of the cousins. If they can't get along and be civil for a few hours in the same place then it's their loss :)

Lost my Mom a week and a half ago, don’t really want to do anything this year. I know we need to try to move forward, but it’s hard.

The day after my Mom died, my son was t-boned in his car. He is OK, but insurance totaled his car, that we bought 4 months ago. So now we need to look for cars amd I hate doing that.

So sorry about your loss. :hug:

Glad that your son is ok after the accident.

I really detest Christmas with my family. My only issue this year, the time for our get-together is Christmas Eve morning , and I just think it is wrong to drink before going to church.
Maybe there'll be communion, and wine? (jk...)

Missed this okeydokey. I am so very sorry. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter