Who's from Long Island, NY

never2L8

Earning My Ears
I've been meeting quite a few DVC members lately here on Long Island.

The conversations begin after people see my license plate, "DISNYBUS", and start asking questions.

I've seen a plate "DVCMAGIC" in the town we live in.

Sooo...How many DVC members are from Long Island, NY ???

:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

Me three! Also grew up in Syosset (class of 83) - now in East Northport!

Looking forward to our first visit as DVC members in Feb!!

korlows:

Since you grew up in Smithtown do you ever have a music teacher names Mr. Dib????......that would be my brother.

Small world

Me!

Grew up and Live in:
Suffolk County
Smithtown Township
Nesconset

Work in:
Suffolk County
Brookhaven Township
Holtsville

I always have a Disney Antenna topper. (Right now its Minnie)
and I have two magnetic Bumper stickers on the back of my car.
Been there, Done That, Going Back...
and a Mickey with an American Flag.

I wish DVC had a magnetic bumper sticker.

Cindy in LI, NY

Hey, I saw the DVCMAGIC car on the LIE recently.

Long Island here, born and raised - living in Riverhead now. Ya know, the town Tanger and Splish Splash is in? lol

Love the Island, Love DVC.

I was just on Long Island last weekend. :D

And I was born in Amityville, but only lived there until I was 3. Then we moved to Maine.

Going to Long Island puts me in shock.

Born ,grew up Amityville (20yr), lived Sayville (30yrs) most of my life, then move up here 6 years ago...HATE it and miss Long Island. I know we must have been nuts. When we moved here I used to be afraid to tell people where I came from, Now I hate to tell people where I live. :earsgirl:

granmanh603 - we are just the opposite! I practically get hives when I go to LI - I'm so used to the "country" life here in the largest maine city.

We lived on Terry Ave in Amityville and my Dad grew up on Cedar St. You must be about my sister's age (she's 57 in Oct).

DVC already brought me together with an Amityville person - her cousin used to live next to us on Terry Ave.

Grew up in Suffolk County, Riverhead, Jamesport, Greenport
Last lived on LI in Deer Park, New Hyde Park and then Roslyn. Moved to Northern VA (Fairfax Station) in 1990. When people ask where I'm from I always say "Long Island, New York but I live in VA" Don't visit the relatives as often as I'd like but will always miss it.

grew up in NYC
live in Hicksville for 7 years now own a house in Mastic Beach

if you see a green suzuki x-l7 with a disney sorcers hat antenna topper its me!!

Long Islander here.
Live in holbrook grew up in coram then ronkonkoma. Went to Catholic school since kindergarten then switched to sachem for 11-12th grades class of 89. Married to another sachem grad have DS! Although we love LI I wish it were just a smidge less expensive. Can't beat having NYC and the beaches all within 1 hour of each other :)

We live in Arkansas, but my in-laws are also DVC members and live in Stony Brook. We were on Long Island visiting them last month and had a wonderful time on Shelter Island and in Riverhead (LOVE Tanger and the Lobster Roll!!)

Wow, lot's of Long Islanders...

I'm a life long LI'er- 26 years in Franklin Square and the last 5 in Valley Stream, though I'm looking to move again to a larger house on the Island.

Of Course, as Long Islanders know, the housing market on the Island is a little out of control these days...

Grew up in Brooklyn,lived in Bayshore,LI, moved to Fla,moved back to LI and have lived in Holbrrok for the last 30 years..am a Disney NUT always was always will be..so glad I found these boards cause I know that we all LOVE DISNEY.leaving in 2 weeks for Vero,SSR & POP.we go to Disney 3-4 x a year and never fail to be amazed that I can still cry when I walk into the MAGIC KINGDOM..praying for all the people in Fla that Charley has touched..Marianne :wave:

Valley Stream here, lived in this house since 1983 (mortgage paid off, woohoo!). Work in Westbury

If you're driving on the Southern State Parkway and you see a Silver Mazda with stuffed versions of Lady and Tramp looking out of the rear window; "been there done that going back" and "this car breaks for hitchhiking ghosts" rear bumber stickers; "imagineering:we make the magic" and "been there done that etc" license plate frames with License plates that read "DISWORLD"--that would be moi! I am definitely one rolling Disney ad LOL!

:cheer2: :flower: :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter