Who's been on a cold day?

The humidity level can make a difference. Though I think the difference for a lot of people (not everybody though) is that they don't typically spend hours and hours outside at home like they do while in the parks. If you're only going outside to get to your car, walk into work/a store, or whatever, it's a lot different than standing/walking outside in that same temperature all day.

Definitely makes a difference! I think another factor is that you mentally tell yourself that its Florida so you think warm or hot and sun. When you get there and it's not exactly what you were wishing for I think it adds a little to the chill factor.

We were there this time in 2018 and the temps dropped for two days. We were coming from single digit highs at home and had a day of good 70F weather on our first day. On the second day (Wednesday) the high was mid 40s and breezy. Epcot was the park of the day and it was not busy by any means. It was not warm by any means. In fact I think on a cold day with wind Epcot has to be one of the worst parks to be in. There is nothing to block the wind and all of the stores' doors are wide open so they are cold as well.

Really, I think the only people that the colder temperatures affect are locals. Anyone who had a trip booked from out of town is most likely going no matter what. They may just adjust their times to attend the parks, but if I paid for a ticket, I'm getting use of my ticket.

I think 56 degrees is perfectly pleasant so it wouldn't keep me away at all!!

That's one thing about living in a state with a wide temperature range...we can go to WDW when it's melt you to a puddle on the ground hot, and put up with it pretty well, and you can go when it's just above freezing and equally put up with it. :)

I'm going today with highs around 60 and lows in the high 30's. I'm wearing layers.

Being local, I'm more inclined to go when it's cold than when it's sweltering. Not often we get to wear our winter clothes!

It's a personal opinion. To me, a cold Disney is a miserable one. I don't enjoy it at all. Even as a kid, I always went to WDW in summer, so I'm used to it being hot and that's what I'm conditioned to "expect". On the Thanksgiving and Xmas trips we've gone on, we've been lucky and mostly had unusually warm days, such as in the 70s and 80s. We did however have a few days were it was in the 50s or 40s and overcast/misty. I'll never forget getting on the tram in the MK parking lot to get back to our car and being so cold and miserable I could hardly stand it. And yes, we had layers, etc... I just like walking around WDW in shorts, a t-shirt and sandals, not a parka. Each to their own.

December 9, 2017 had one day at MK prior to a cruise and turned into an ice cube. The night we arrived it was shorts weather, then it took a dive. It was so cold, but the park was still packed. (It was an 8/10 that day) Dropped to at least 45F by the time the sun went down. While I live in a cold climate, it’s a whole different story when you try and do a 12 hour park day. I head to Orlando on Saturday for two weeks, so hopefully this week is the cold spell and we miss it (I’ve had enough of cold weather as we were in a deep freeze this week with temps in the -40 range.)
Guessing you’re from Alberta since I was in the same deep freeze last week. Apparently, Alberta was colder than the South Pole of Antarctica last week.

Hope you have great weather! We are heading down in a couple of weeks and I am really hoping for some decent weather!

We were at DAK today and it was chilly but not terrible. The worst was the wind this morning at rope drop! We bundled up and layered and it was just fine!

The one thing I remember most from those days of the temp you mention is that I underestimated how chilly it might get and we're used to 20 below, but, we had so much more energy. On the way back to the resort around 6pm, we could have gone another 7 hours it felt. It really boosts your energy to not be dragging through the parks on a hot and humid day. There really are pros and cons to everything in life depending on how you look at things.

We were there in 2012 in January in MK with wool hats, scarves and gloves. The wind chill was south of 40 with the wind off the Lake pretty cold. Of course, we swam three days later in the 70s!!

It was fun and we had a blast, and the the crowds were lower. We have some cute pics from that night...

If its windy folks will leave when the sun goes down. Especially in World Showcase it gets really chilly. Bring hats gloves and scarves.

2010 freeze in Florida veteran too I’m from Seattle and 30 degrees here and 30 degrees there is WAY DIFFERENT 30 degrees!:rotfl2: I have never worn so many clothes at WDW in my 20 years of vacationing there! But a cold/rainy/windy day at WDW is better than a sunny day at a job!
Bundle up and enjoy... everything!

I’m here today and it is freezing but there are still plenty of people here! Just bring your coat and hat!
(They didn’t let the gorilla family out today because of the cold).

I need to dispel some of the mis-guided weather comments here. In order for Orlando to get pretty cold, under 40, let's say. The air has to be extremely dry, not humid. Colder weather here is caused by strong cold fronts coming down directly from the north and is too dry to retain any heat the way humid air does. If we had regular humidity, the nights would stay much warmer and not drop so much, such as it did Sunday into Monday. So, it is the dry air that is cold, not the humidity.
We have frost and freeze warnings due to very cold, dry, air from the north invading Central Florida. Once the humidity returns, our temperatures will be begin to return to normal. We are surrounded on three sides by relatively mild water after all. Any weather direction other than the north can't be cold, the gulf and the Atlantic are just too mild, even in January.

Dolby1000 - A weather geek.

Back at the hotel after a long cold day! Wow! I’m glad we brought our coats, beanies, and scarves! If we didn’t, I don’t think we would’ve lasted through the fireworks. I wore a thermal shirt, light jacket, then a coat. Plus a fleece lined beanie, the hood from the light jacket, and the hood from the coat. I was nice a toasty lol. It was my face that was hard to keep warm with the wind.

Yeah, I'm from VT. I get it, and I don't... The weather there will surely be warmer than the weather here on our Feb trip - I'll bring a swimsuit since the pools are all heated....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter