Who's been in Oct?

01Sweetpea

DIS Veteran
We haven't even gotten thru our Feb/March trip, and I'm thinking about an Oct trip!! Anyone have any past history with resort availability/rates for Oct around Columbus Day weekend? My kids are in Tae Kwon Do, and Nationals are always Columbus Day week, and I'm thinking of a quick janut (3-4 nights) to WDW for tourney.

Thanks!

We went in 2000 (14th -21) and in 01 (10-17). I thank it is the best time to go. Not veryt hot during the day and you can still swim in the evening. The last time we went we rode Test Track two times with out getting out of the car. Crowds are great. I thank October use to be value time, I am almost positive that it is now regular rate. I wish we could go back every October. We paid rack rate for our rooms:o This was before I found this site.

My DH & I just went this October - first time we had been there at that time of year. We were there Oct. 2-6. The weather was very warm. Great for swimming & even going to water parks if you wanted.

Crowds didn't seem too bad, although we really didn't do too much in the parks. Only did Mission: Space so we could tell our DD's about it & went on a tour at MK.

I'm sure you'd enjoy that time of year. ::yes::

We were there this past October - we thought it was great! The weather was wonderful (10 nights and no rain!):sunny:

Were there Oct 11-16 this year and the Columbus Day weekend crowds were the worst I have seen for that time. Waits for some rides were anywhere from 60-130 minutes. Later in the week they thinned out. Went last year same time and not so crowded. Maybe it was the special packages they had this year. I know the crowds will be even worse in a couple of weeks but can't wait.

We were there Oct. 21 - Nov 4 this year and the weather was wonderful. Rained one afternoon for about an hour off and on, and the day we left. Every day was beautiful, perfect weather for water parks 80-90 degrees every day. The halloween party is lots of fun and no waits for rides that night...it was sold out. Parks were busy during the day...go early for the main attractions. No e-nights when the Halloween party is going on though.

We were there the last week of October and enjoyed our stay a bunch!! Make sure you do a MNSSHP if there is one during your stay. It was alot of fun for all three of us. The weather was very nice too, still very warm most days, great for swimming! :)

Originally posted by Charleston Zurg
We went in 2000 (14th -21) and in 01 (10-17). I thank it is the best time to go. Not veryt hot during the day and you can still swim in the evening. The last time we went we rode Test Track two times with out getting out of the car. Crowds are great. I thank October use to be value time, I am almost positive that it is now regular rate. I wish we could go back every October. We paid rack rate for our rooms:o This was before I found this site.

I couldn't agree more about October being the best time to go. The lowest rainfall months in Orlando are October and April, and the weather is just perfect. Problem is, April is packed. October crowd size is much more appealing. :D

Also, IMO, MNSSHP is better than MVMCP. YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter