Who will be at the Poly in August 2012?

My son and I will be at the Poly CL from Aug 2-6. Can't wait!

Welcome to the thread!! :goodvibes I added you to post #2. There are quite a few on this thread who are staying CL at the same time, but I didn't specify on the list and don't remember off the top of my head who they are. You can scroll through to find out, if you're interested. Is your son a teen, by chance? It's like the first week of August is teen week at the Poly!! We're forming a small Dis meet at the Tambu on the 5th if you're interested.

See you there!

my son is 16 and not afraid to admit he is a huge Disney fan. I saw someone's daughter was going to do the college program- Brandon is extremely interested in that. We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour, have been waiting for him to turn 16 to do it. Last year was the first time we stayed CL at the Poly and loved it. I will keep reading through the thread

MainStreetFireman and I enjoyed living on SI when we were kids (we're OLD, remember?). It was easier to get around in those days. The expressway was still, in fact, an expressway...it wasn't a parking lot, yet! ;) It was nice living in NYC proper and commuting by ferry to Manhattan. We have fond memories of the island before it was way, WAY too crowded! Our families moved away shortly after we did, so we don't have the occasion to go back to visit anymore. NYC is still one of our favorite places on the planet, even our kids love it! Inspire&Imagine will be attending university in Manhattan (her first choice!), and she is so excited to live there! I'm sure we will talk about all this in more detail with Lapu Lapus in our hands!!! We can't wait, either!

YAY!! :cool1: We have so much to do, too, and we leave in 11 days (with 6 12-hour work shifts in between now and then. I am literally starting to FREAK OUT!! Please let me know if you have any questions about the Poly. I plan on doing a little LIVE trip report from my android phone while we are there. I'd be happy to feed back any info I can gather for ya!

I can't believe it! I looked at the calendar this morning, and we are leaving for vacation NEXT WEEK!!!! pixiedust:

You're not old! :rotfl2:

I was NOT loving Staten Island today as I sat in traffic for over an hour because someone decided to jump off the Verrazano today and it took over 4 hours to talk him down! This was the 4th guy in like 5 months. Traffic was crazy!

This is my desktop background at work. It's the little things, right?? :goodvibes

I love it!!

This is my desktop background at work. It's the little things, right?? :goodvibes

WOW!!! Breathtaking!

You're not old! :rotfl2:

I was NOT loving Staten Island today as I sat in traffic for over an hour because someone decided to jump off the Verrazano today and it took over 4 hours to talk him down! This was the 4th guy in like 5 months. Traffic was crazy!

Aw, I know we're not old. I'm just giving you the business! :thumbsup2 So SAD about the bridge jumping thing. A few weeks ago my friend was having a procedure at the Hospital for Special Surgery, and it was delayed 4 hours because a jumper on one of the bridges detained the doctor. What is going on lately with all the jumpers? Doesn't this problem seem to be increasing exponentially recently? I pray for the guy today, that he gets help! And sorry that you had to sit in all that traffic. The bad traffic is turning more into the rule than the exception, from what I gather.

This thread is for those of us who are really excited about staying at the Polynesian Resort in August, 2012. We can use this thread to share our dates and our plans, and maybe stage a little "Aloha meet" at the pool or the Tambu Lounge to enjoy some drinks and to share our love of the Poly!

I will keep a running total, in order of arrival, in post #2.

ALOHA!

ALOHA!!

DH and I will be in Hawaii on our Honeymoon from 8/5 - 8/12. Can't wait! It's coming up very soon now... :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

ALOHA!!

DH and I will be in Hawaii on our Honeymoon from 8/5 - 8/12. Can't wait! It's coming up very soon now... :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

ALOOOOOHA! Congratulations on your wedding! What a perfect way to spend a honeymoon! pixiedust:

Welcome to this thread! I added you to post #2. I don't know how much socializing you and your DH will feel like, but we're having mini meets on the 5th and the 10th in Tambu, if you're interested.

my son is 16 and not afraid to admit he is a huge Disney fan. I saw someone's daughter was going to do the college program- Brandon is extremely interested in that. We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour, have been waiting for him to turn 16 to do it. Last year was the first time we stayed CL at the Poly and loved it. I will keep reading through the thread

We probably can make it to Tambu- our res are at 7:55 in the MK.

YAY and YAY! :banana:

Sorry, I meant to respond sooner but I got distracted by fightinillini's stunning photo!

WOW!!! Breathtaking!

Aw, I know we're not old. I'm just giving you the business! :thumbsup2 So SAD about the bridge jumping thing. A few weeks ago my friend was having a procedure at the Hospital for Special Surgery, and it was delayed 4 hours because a jumper on one of the bridges detained the doctor. What is going on lately with all the jumpers? Doesn't this problem seem to be increasing exponentially recently? I pray for the guy today, that he gets help! And sorry that you had to sit in all that traffic. The bad traffic is turning more into the rule than the exception, from what I gather.

The problem really does seem to be increasing lately. 4 in the last few months alone. It really is awful that it shuts down traffic in an already congested area every time it happens. We were fortunate enough to be headed home at the beginning of the fiasco before traffic was backed up too bad. I feel horrible for the evening commuters. It must have been really bad.

I ordered our Photo Pass+ tonight! I am so excited to have all of our ride and meal photos!

ALOOOOOHA! Congratulations on your wedding! What a perfect way to spend a honeymoon! pixiedust:

Welcome to this thread! I added you to post #2. I don't know how much socializing you and your DH will feel like, but we're having mini meets on the 5th and the 10th in Tambu, if you're interested.

Thanks so much! :) We are both extremely excited. And he doesn't even know about the scavenger hunt or Richard Petty experience that I have booked yet! :D

I ordered our Photo Pass+ tonight! I am so excited to have all of our ride and meal photos!

We have done photopass our last 2 trips and really got a kick out of it. I was planning NOT to order anything this time, but now I'm feeling pangs...

Thanks so much! :) We are both extremely excited. And he doesn't even know about the scavenger hunt or Richard Petty experience that I have booked yet! :D

OMG, I just followed your signature link over to your PTR and it is AMAZING!!!! I love your story! People, follow that link right now and read ChrisParker's unbelievable love story! It is so MAGICAL! pixiedust: I wish you even more congratulations and joy for your future life together for your whole family.

I know about the Richard Petty Experience...what is the Scavenger Hunt?

Your son will fit right in with all the other teens then ( and 21 year olds ;) )

I am so excited that we are adding more people to our dis meet and greet at the Tambu! It's going to be quite the party :banana::banana::banana: My DD is sad that she is going to miss it since she will be at Univ. that day with my DH.

Hey, Fightinillini, where is that picture from? It really is breath taking!

Can't wait to see you in 13 days in the happiest place on earth! :cool1: Hopefully we will all have something big to toast on Sunday night! ;)

I was just thinkin today, you are gonna be pretty off time wise coming from CA and all. Those 7:30 am wake-up times are gonna be pretty brutal for you.:worried:

We have done photopass our last 2 trips and really got a kick out of it. I was planning NOT to order anything this time, but now I'm feeling pangs...

OMG, I just followed your signature link over to your PTR and it is AMAZING!!!! I love your story! People, follow that link right now and read ChrisParker's unbelievable love story! It is so MAGICAL! pixiedust: I wish you even more congratulations and joy for your future life together for your whole family.

I know about the Richard Petty Experience...what is the Scavenger Hunt?

I didn't order it last time and I was kicking myself because it was my DD's first trip and we ended up not getting any of our photos. They expired before we got to order any of them. I'm really excited to do the FP+ because now we will have all of our ride and meal photos. We are a party of 6 which means 3 cars on some of the rides (Buzz Lightyear) which is expensive! I'd probably end up not getting ANY ride photos if I had to buy individually.

I've been lurking around the Poly board ever since we made our reservations in January, but I just saw the link to this thread today! We'll be staying CL 8/27-9/2. It's just my dh, dd and me, but we are SO excited to be back after six years of missing the Poly since our last visit. Aloha to all and look forward to seein you there!

Can't seem to sleep past 4:30AM :sad2: This is getting kind of old. At least that will be 5:30 at Disney! Looks like I will be wandering around the lobby alone with my coffee.:coffee:

On the bright side, it gives me time to surf the disboards before work! ;)

Well now I am going to have to update my PTR which I will happily do when i finish this bloody term paper I am working on. :)

Thanks so much!

The scavenger hunt is done by Jane at Gifts of A Lifetime. Basically we will be led on a scavenger hunt through Epcot to pick up pieces of Mr. Potato head because Sid has destroyed him. It will be a complete surprise and the gift at the end will be the Richard Petty. He is going to :faint:

Seriously, I'm that excited. We're getting married a week from Saturday. :cloud9:

I didn't order it last time and I was kicking myself because it was my DD's first trip and we ended up not getting any of our photos. They expired before we got to order any of them. I'm really excited to do the FP+ because now we will have all of our ride and meal photos. We are a party of 6 which means 3 cars on some of the rides (Buzz Lightyear) which is expensive! I'd probably end up not getting ANY ride photos if I had to buy individually.

I know what you mean about the ride photos adding up! We have only purchased a few of those over the years, one or two that were way too funny to pass up, or especially significant ones (like DS's first rime on RnRC, which was a huge personal milestone for him). Even with a family of 4, it they are prohibitively expensive. So I guess PhotoPass+ gives you access to ALL the pics? That is awesome!

I've been lurking around the Poly board ever since we made our reservations in January, but I just saw the link to this thread today! We'll be staying CL 8/27-9/2. It's just my dh, dd and me, but we are SO excited to be back after six years of missing the Poly since our last visit. Aloha to all and look forward to seein you there!

ALOOOOOHA! :yay: Welcome, and I'm so glad you found this thread. I'm sorry I hadn't posted the link before. Six years is a long time! I hope you have that same magical feeling back home at the Poly! I will be adding you to post #2 right now.

Can't seem to sleep past 4:30AM :sad2: This is getting kind of old. At least that will be 5:30 at Disney! Looks like I will be wandering around the lobby alone with my coffee.:coffee:

On the bright side, it gives me time to surf the disboards before work! ;)

I work nights, so my sleep pattern is all messed up as per my usual (though my problem is more with falling asleep at a "normal" hour, not so much staying asleep). Maybe, just maybe, my coffee and I will be with you in the GCH once or twice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter