Who was at Niag Falls Disney light opening last Sat?

KAREN55555

Mouseketeer
I read threads about Dis members going to Niagara Falls to see the Disney opening of the Winter Festival of lights. I looked around for those lime green ribbons and I looked for someone with lime green socks but could'nt spot any of you. Did anyone there remember me? I was pushing a huge multi coloured 3 wheeled stroller that was totally enclosed. I had my DS and my DNiece in there. Does anyone remember seeing this? I should also mention that I drove my Dh nuts the whole time we were there because I was busy staring at everyone looking for the ribbons. He just does'nt get it I guess :rolleyes:

Sorry because of all that happened didn't put on the socks! But was wearing the Mickey Santa Hat! DD had her Tigger Head Band on! We got there late so we were towards the back by the furthest Big Screen.

But believe me the crowds were big, didn't even see Disneykins, and they all had Disney Christmas Hats!

Scratch
:smooth:

We have never been to the festival of lights is it worthwill booking a hotel for the weekend and heading to the falls, how was the Disney display??:smooth:

If you go for opening weekend, yes!

Just to see the light display, no.

Getting to see Mickey and the Gang, yes!

Having Breakfast and getting your picture taken with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, yes!

Having a Jaccuzzi after walking around all day and night, yes!

Seeing everybody smile and laugh and getting into the Christmas Spirit, yes!

Well that was more yes's than no's!

It was our first time and I'm sure not our last!

Scratch
:smooth:

I love the winter festival of lights. So I say make a weekend out of it. If you search the net you will find a website for the winter festival of lights. I believe Mickey and the gang will be there this coming weekend. The 30th of November. The falls are beautiful at night and the lights look great too. There is alot to see and do in Niagara Falls so if I did'nt live so close I would consider coming in from out of town for a weekend. Hotels in the area are very reasonable at this time of year too!:bounce:

Originally posted by KAREN55555
I love the winter festival of lights. So I say make a weekend out of it. If you search the net you will find a website for the winter festival of lights. I believe Mickey and the gang will be there this coming weekend. The 30th of November. The falls are beautiful at night and the lights look great too. There is alot to see and do in Niagara Falls so if I did'nt live so close I would consider coming in from out of town for a weekend. Hotels in the area are very reasonable at this time of year too!:bounce:

Here is the link
Click on events and then November and then Festival of lights

I think Mickey and the gang head out after the first weekend. We enjoy staying the weekend at anytime during the Festival of Lights. There are several Friday night light parades that are quite good, not Spectromagic, but still nice to see. We always go the opening weekend and in January to see the parade. The hotels are extremely reasonable after that first weekend. YES, it's worth a weekend away. You can have lunch and dinner at the RFC too!

Karen55555, you should have come to the Queen Victoria Cafeteria at 4-5pm ~ a bunch of us met there.

We are meeting again in February. We have quite the wonderful group of regulars. We have gone from cyber-buddies, to REAL buddies! The more the merrier! Chat soon! S

Will you keep us posted on the February meeting. Is it in Niagara Falls? It's great to be able to chat with such great people on line but it's even better to meet them in person.

If anyone is planning a weekend in Niagara Falls I recommend them to have dinner at the Keg steakhouse. It's within walking distance of Clifton Hill. (the main strip) The food is fantastic especially the steaks. I would also recommend checking out the Ripleys moving theater 4D (not 3D) ride. It's indoors and usually has 2 shows to choose from. It's fantastic.
My DS 4 enjoyed it. And so did DH and I.

Hi Karen, I'm sorry you couldn't find any of us. I did have a lime green ribbon tied to my bag, but as it got darker, it was very hard to find anyone in the crowd. Our next meet is tentatively planned for the food court near the Disney Store at Square One Mall in Mississauga. Keep a watch on this board and you will see an RSVP thread started for it. Hope you can make it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter