Who trick-or-treats at the Fort?

Nornster

Mouseketeer
So, we went to our first MNNSHP this August, in part because our school starts after Labor Day and so many had already gone back to school. I think the last thing on my Disney bucket list would be spending actual Halloween at the Fort (no park time), seeing the golf cart parade, party and Hallowishes at Clementine's Beach, special Chip and Dale campfire, and of course, trick-or-treating around the loops. (We always stay in cabins but rent golf carts, so looping is a favorite activity of ours.) Partly because we just went at the end of August, but also because Halloween fell in the middle of the week, we just couldn't swing it this year. But it made me wonder where all the trick-or-treaters come from? I can see the people decorating the sites as being retirees with flexible schedules, but are there many school-aged children staying at the Fort this time of year? Are they coming from other resorts? Or is is mainly locals coming in? Just curious!

Yes to both, Nornster. Kids from other resorts, lots of local families who come to the Fort to camp (Nov 1 appears to be a HUGE departure day based on my experience last year). And many many sites host multiple families I noticed. It's a big to do for sure.

You better start trying now because next year in the booking tool already appears booked up even when trying one night at a time! :rotfl: See if you can get a cancellation. The night of October 31 had no availability at any level. The night of October 30 had all but Preferred and the night of October 29 had all available for those who might try to piecemeal it.

Bama Ed

PS - Halloween falls on a Thursday in 2019 and on a Saturday 2020. IMO (which you didn't ask for) a weekend date will make it VERY much in demand so if you plan for 2020 book at the 500 day mark (from what would be your checkout date when you leave after your stay is over)

Last edited:
Thanks, BamaEd. We are usually cabin folks, but we did get a little motorcycle pop-up travel trailer - it's essentially a bed/tent on wheels. I did manage to find tent site reservations for Tuesday and Wednesday this year, but didn't book them, because driving down from Michigan in the middle of the week just didn't work. Plus, I just don't think I can talk my husband into sleeping in the tent - he loves the cabins. What I really want is an Aliner!:)

What I really want is an Aliner!:)

Oh Aliners are nice. That's what I have - a 2014 Expedition model. Here it is at the Fort:

Bama Ed

PS - hey, I love the cabins too. I just can't afford them. :goodvibes

Oh, I knew you have an Aliner, I'm jealous!

The cabins are fun, too! Maybe someday we'll park our little motorcycle trailer in the drive-in of the cabin, that way whoever wants to sleep outside can, but no midnight trips to the comfort station.

Ours looks like this one, only a little shabbier

Attachments

• motorcycle trailer.jpg
    motorcycle trailer.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter