• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who spends too much time grooming in a bathrm in your home

Well, I suppose it would be me now since DH doesn't have any hair :rotfl: . When the kids were still home, our youngest son, hands down. I've never seen a boy spend so much time combing his hair--short hair too LOL. He's better now when they come to visit though :lmao:

No one spends a huge amount of time grooming in the bathroom, but my 7 year needs to be removed from the shower after 40 minutes. She just gets in there and gets lost singing. It's obnoxious. Shut up, wash yourself, get out.

No one spends a huge amount of time grooming in the bathroom, but my 7 year needs to be removed from the shower after 40 minutes. She just gets in there and gets lost singing. It's obnoxious. Shut up, wash yourself, get out.
Ha, my youngest hates taking a shower. We have to beg and beg and she begs and begs to not have to. Then she finally gets in the shower (evenings) and an hour later when she comes traipsing through the house wrapped up in a towel, I grab the phone real quick like I've been on it and tell her it's the water company asking about all the water we're using (she doesn't get it that the water company wouldn't call or care about how much we are using on our well :D)

Ha, my youngest hates taking a shower. We have to beg and beg and she begs and begs to not have to. Then she finally gets in the shower (evenings) and an hour later when she comes traipsing through the house wrapped up in a towel, I grab the phone real quick like I've been on it and tell her it's the water company asking about all the water we're using (she doesn't get it that the water company wouldn't call or care about how much we are using on our well :D)

The day my kids started showering instead of taking baths was one of the greatest days of my life.

My 13/almost 14 year old is the same way, minus the singing. Plus, she'll be in there for 40 minutes, and "forget" to wash, either hair, body, or both!

Great thread:thumbsup2

My older son will spend an hour in the bathroom cleaning up to go out somewhere. First he will trim his hair and then shave, followed by his shower accompanied by loud music blaring out of his phone.

I swear he acts like a woman:)

We have a 104 year old house with ONE bathroom for four people. I was relieved to have boys- bragging when they were born that we didn't have to worry about having only one bathroom. Boy, was I wrong!!! My oldest can stay in the shower for 1/2 hour singing his heart out- and my youngest is really into his hair right now... :eye roll: My oldest is a sophomore in college, and our water bill went way down when he moved into the dorm ;)

DD13 is the one. Her showers are 40 minutes- no idea what takes that long. She has really curly hair so she either needs to wash it and put plenty of product in or braid it; or if it's not a wash morning, it needs to be worked on or put it up. Unfortunately she usually chooses a messy bun. I know that having the curls down and looking good is more work but I miss seeing her curls. Then there is the makeup routine.

DD16 can shower at night in 5 minutes, sleep on it, get up and look fabulous that morning and the next. She has curls too but they are looser and apparently indestructible. She also never wears makeup so she's very low maintenance!

By now we have 2.5 baths. Last summer we still had just one shower for 4 of us. So the addition helps with shower scheduling.

Since ds is away at school, and dd#2 pretty much does her hair and makeup in her bedroom (of course she does shower :lmao:) I would say me.
Mostly because I'm a bubble-bath-on-the-weekends kinda girl.

That's funny.

That's funny. I have a 14 year old boy. After about 50 minutes, I have to pound on the door to tell him it's time to get the heck out plus I'm concerned for his welfare. I swear he must forget where he is. There is no good explanation for this.

I have two teen boys. There are some things you just don't want to know....

My two teenage daughters share a bathroom. They go to school different times thank goodness until next year when they will both go to the high school. Heaven help us that they get along getting ready.

I think there is a good explanation for some of these. I'm surprised it's not a bit evident. My wife and I have 3 boys so I guess none of this surprises me.

My Mom stays in the bathroom for a hour. Then my 11 year old son 45 minutes. Twin sister 35 minutes. Youngest DD get leftover time. I am out in 5 minutes. We only have we bathroom.

It takes us for ever get so where.

My cousin wants adopt her kid that had. There no way h@ll. Three is enough. I will have buy another car. That is not happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter