Who Needs Rides Anyway - Most Magical Trip Yet - 15th to 18th May 2013 TRIP REPORT

"They are to represent slaughter houses as the Amish would kill their own food... It just made me feel all queasy lol I'm not good with things like that... I like to think that meat comes from supermarkets, nowhere else lol I'm the worst hypocrite ever I know lol "

OMG! Who would ever have thought :eek:! It really adds to the whole theatre of Disneyland hearing all these stories, think I might need to do a tour :thumbsup2

Thanks k

Oh I loved ur report!!!!! All those fab pics with such a quiet park, like ur own place!

Love ur character pics, lucky having a good friend ;). Made for sum fab pics and good moments, especially when they were a bigger part of ur trip...

Thanks so much for sharing.... And well done on the drive.... I find it nicer driving in France than in uk!!! And how is DBf now?? Is he recovering ok??
Xx

I loved you report, you can really tell how much your and your DBF are in love and how much you both love DLP it really was a joy to read :)

The 20th anniversary pin display in beautiful! I'm there in September and have added it to my mental wish list! I don't suppose you know how much it was do you? May have to start badgering my husband lol

xx

Thank you so much for sharing photo's of your 20th anniversary pin display - it really is stunning! I bitterly regret not collecting these pins; and what a wonderful thing to have on your wall to remind you of fun times with Mickey & Co!

Wow Adam what a great TR. I loved the report and I love your pictures. I can't belive that you only have a simple Nikon. Did you use a tripod for the night shoots?

I am glad that you had both of your birthdays at DL. My birthday and the birthday of my DBF are also only 4 days apart but we never managed to spent both of our birthdays at DL. :confused3
And this is the first year since :confused: that we are not spending any of our birthdays at DL. But I hope we will have a trip to DL in late summer. :woohoo:

This trip must have cost you a fortune?

Can you still remember the current price for Inventions?

Wow Adam what a fantastic trip. Those are great pics too--thanks for posting them!

Its making me even more and more excited!! We will be there in a few weeks. And we are staying at DLH!!!! (will have to go to Cafe Fantasia--but what is in a Bacardi Royale!?!?!)

I was wondering the same thing about the drink! What's in it that makes it so fab...I've seen several people suggest it. :)

I have a Nikon Coolpix!! And apparently I'm not using it correctly, as my night photos look nothing like yours! One can only hope...:goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your lovely trip! And for the advise on DLH....:cutie: ...so very excited! Hope we're as lucky in meeting characters!

Thank you all so much. You really are all lovely and your kind words have meant a lot to me!

DBF is recovering and doing well :sick:

For anybody who reads negative reports or has worrying doubts about DLP - believe me, it is just as magical as ever and the Cast Members are on top form! :thumbsup2 They truly couldn't do enough to make our trip magical and they treated everyone as royalty, they really did.

My camera was just a plain ole Nikon Coolpix. But what I do is hold the camera dead still, don't let the flash come up (I have a pop-up flash on there) and point and click. That was all. I am just as amazed at how beautifully some of the photos have come out, I really am! :lovestruc

Most importantly - the Bacardi Royale... well, I just so happen to have taken a photo of the menu last year back when it was still on there... Here you go:-

If any waiter asks what it is when you order it, either tell them to speak to a barmaid (they will know it) or just hold up this picture to them! :rotfl:

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I just loved your tr! Your pics are fab!

I was laughing out loud and then nearly crying at some points!

Hope Dbf recovers fast!

Can I ask if you stayed in a standard room?

I have been wondering about asking for a park view room for our first trip in October! We r going with our sons aged one and two so we will b in the room early at night to put them to bed and it would b nice to still see the park!

I just loved your tr! Your pics are fab!

I was laughing out loud and then nearly crying at some points!

Hope Dbf recovers fast!

Can I ask if you stayed in a standard room?

I have been wondering about asking for a park view room for our first trip in October! We r going with our sons aged one and two so we will b in the room early at night to put them to bed and it would b nice to still see the park!

Bless your heart - thank you so much for saying that :goodvibes

We did indeed stay in a standard room. The room we were in didn't really offer a view of the park persé, but you could see Big Thunder Mountain, a bit of the Disney Railroad and the entrance turnstiles - pretty cool :thumbsup2 When you arrive, there's no harm in asking - just don't expect to see the Castle or anything like that :sad:

Bless your heart - thank you so much for saying that :goodvibes

We did indeed stay in a standard room. The room we were in didn't really offer a view of the park persé, but you could see Big Thunder Mountain, a bit of the Disney Railroad and the entrance turnstiles - pretty cool :thumbsup2 When you arrive, there's no harm in asking - just don't expect to see the Castle or anything like that :sad:

If I get a turnstile view, I'll be happy. :lmao: anything above and beyond that is just gravy...I think I'll ask what's available...our last trip, we were given an upgrade to lake view at NPB and never even asked for anything...pixie dust when you least expect it! :blush:

Do you happen to remember the cost of the guided tour? I've talked DH & DS (11) into doing one...sounds great! Are there different ones, or do they follow the same basic pattern?

Glad to hear DBF is on the mend. :goodvibes

Aww thank you - I know I wouldn't get a full on view but if we could see something rather than nothing it would be nice!

How many times have you been? This is my second time to dlp - went with school when I was wee but can't really remember it! I'm so excited about staying at dlh!

O and the buzz ride "competition" had me in stitches - me and hubby went to wdw about 8 years ago and did this on the men in black ride! Of course I won - we still talk about it! Lol

Most importantly - the Bacardi Royale... well, I just so happen to have taken a photo of the menu last year back when it was still on there... Here you go:-

If any waiter asks what it is when you order it, either tell them to speak to a barmaid (they will know it) or just hold up this picture to them! :rotfl:

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Or maybe I will just show them a pic of you drinking one! LOL! Just kidding! Sounds yummy----will have to try it! Will be there in just over 2 weeks!

Brilliant trip report. Have just read the whole thing straight through :surfweb:. Will be daydreaming about Disneyland Paris all day now and nothing will get done :goodvibes.

Great trip report. I love you photos and you two look so happy :). It has made me very excited for our trip in August. Thanks for sharing :)

Lauren :)

Oh Adam, I'd thought I'd commented already, sorry.
I loved this TR, it sounded fantastic and your pics are lovely. Hope your OH is well on the mend now :)
The tour (and attention to detail) is amazing. Will you do the studios one next? I enquired about the TOT one on our last trip and if they will do it in English and was told they are working on it :yay:
Id say you panicked when the Bacardi royale wasn't on the menu, its the best thing ever although it would be fun trying them all again to find a new favourite :D

What a gorgeous trip report! You and DBF are perfect together and how great that you can share your love of Disney!
Reading your TR made me feel all gooey inside! Thanks for sharing! x

I loved reading your trip report. Your love for the park is so clear, and it's great that you can share that, not only together, but with us aswell. Thanks for that.

I just found this trip report and absolutely loved it!

You have some amazing pictures!!

Thank you for sharing your report :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter