Who is visiting Mickey in March???

I am taking my mom from March 2nd-6th. She went to DL for half a day in 1975 and talked about it our entire childhoods (but we had never gone). My family has gone twice in the last three years and I told her that March is her turn. We are staying at the Super 8 on Disneyland Drive...its uber cheap and allows us to splurge on some extras.

I think this year we will take the Walk in Disneys Footsteps tour, eat at the Blue Bayou, and grab a few character breakfasts. March is coming quickly :yay:

:welcome: what a fun treat for your mom! we are going to do that tour on my DD bday trip and LOVE flue Bayou! it can't come quick enough!

We will be there from feb 28 till march 8. Fly into LAX at 7am. Drive to DL and vo straight to parks. I think DL does not open till 10am that day. There are 15 of us travelling as 8 adults and 7 kids. We are all staying at Marriott Suites Anaheim. Hope to meet some fellow DIS there. Please add us to the march list.

:welcome: wow that's a big group! good luck! will be easy to find you all in a crowd!!! DD dance group will be performing in DCA on 3/4!

Two adults and two kids flying from Perth Australia, doing disneyland from the 2nd to the 7th of March and then heading onto another two and a half weeks taking in the rest of LA, vegas and NYC.

Staying at Paradise Pier

Can't wait!!!

:welcome: sounds like a great trip!

thought I'd share a photo of Megan and I from our last trip to DLR

P1100593.jpg

I'm taking our twins March 2-5. Now to decide where to stay. Anyone know what's happening during that time? Looks like cheer groups may be in town??

we will be there the 1st to the 3rd! We will be there f8r the Jr national's cheer competition.

I'm taking our twins March 2-5. Now to decide where to stay. Anyone know what's happening during that time? Looks like cheer groups may be in town??

yes you are correct. Saturday and Sunday is USA Jr national cheer competition. it's going to be slashed, med with cheerleaders. The competition is inside California. both Saturday and Sunday.

:welcome: you're from my neck of the woods!

we will be there the 1st to the 3rd! We will be there f8r the Jr national's cheer competition.

yes you are correct. Saturday and Sunday is USA Jr national cheer competition. it's going to be slashed, med with cheerleaders. The competition is inside California. both Saturday and Sunday.

:welcome: sounds like its going to be a busy weekend! our dance group performs Monday in DCA...need to pass on the info to our group!

Hello March friends! I just switched everything from February to March. We have reservations at BW Park Place Inn from March 8 thru 13. We haven't been to DL in about 6 years- our girls are now 12 & 14 so they will be interested in different things since the last time we were there :) We are considering going to Medieval Times or Pirates pirate: dinner our first night- we :drive: from Sac area. If anyone has input on what this age would like better I'd love to hear it. They are fun kids- not bored by everything types :thumbsup2

Feeling the girls would be old enough to appreciate Blue Bayou and fun dining experiences this time- not character as much. So excited- they will find out Christmas morning. I bought new tees and gift cards for their stockings. I bought the gift cards when the personalized ones were on sale so they have a picture of the girls when they were at DL and they were little on them :cheer2:

Have a magical day pixiedust:

Hello March friends! I just switched everything from February to March. We have reservations at BW Park Place Inn from March 8 thru 13. We haven't been to DL in about 6 years- our girls are now 12 & 14 so they will be interested in different things since the last time we were there :) We are considering going to Medieval Times or Pirates pirate: dinner our first night- we :drive: from Sac area. If anyone has input on what this age would like better I'd love to hear it. They are fun kids- not bored by everything types :thumbsup2

Feeling the girls would be old enough to appreciate Blue Bayou and fun dining experiences this time- not character as much. So excited- they will find out Christmas morning. I bought new tees and gift cards for their stockings. I bought the gift cards when the personalized ones were on sale so they have a picture of the girls when they were at DL and they were little on them :cheer2:

:welcome: what a wonderful surprise for your girls!
my DD is 12 and LOVES Blue Bayou and still enjoys the character meals too!
not sure about the Medival Times or Pirate dinners- haven't done them -

will get you added to the first post!

Here's a link for some coupons which include discount at Pirates and Medieval Times.
http://anaheimoc.org/coupons

stopping by to wish all our March DISers and very Merry Christmas

Going march 30th-April 3rd first time since 95'... Staying at BW Stovall Inn?? Anyone stayed here before, any info would be great...Goofys kitchen is in my plan, thinking of doing first morning breakfast there. This is my first time off property and would like to order some things to be waiting in the rooms on arrival, I cannot find out if they will deliver to an off property hotel before arrival, does anyone know where I should look, or who to contact. Thank you have a merry Everything and a happy always!

I cannot believe that our trip is less than 100 days away, and I haven't planned a thing! For our WDW trips, I have detailed minute by minute plans done months in advance. Then, I usually start packing about a month or two out. For some reason, I am convinced that DL is going to be so much easier that I haven't done anything yet. Should I start to panic yet? lol

- I know where we want to eat, but I can't make reservations for a few more weeks.
- I know that we need to do Carsland during an early entry morning.
- We are staying at the GC, and I think that we'll probably walk to the main entrance in the mornings. We'll probably try to leave the room about 45 minutes before opening.

What else do I need to figure out? I haven't even looked at the map to see where rides are located! This is SO out of character for me, but DH is looking forward to a more relaxed trip than WDW. We'll see!

Going march 30th-April 3rd first time since 95'... Staying at BW Stovall Inn?? Anyone stayed here before, any info would be great...Goofys kitchen is in my plan, thinking of doing first morning breakfast there. This is my first time off property and would like to order some things to be waiting in the rooms on arrival, I cannot find out if they will deliver to an off property hotel before arrival, does anyone know where I should look, or who to contact. Thank you have a merry Everything and a happy always!

Haven't stayed there but nearly did this trip- I really looked into it. Comments are that it is clean and nice, rooms a bit small and dark. The walk isn't bad- just a different direction- there is a nice map with walking information somewhere in this forum- try the stickies at the top of the forum posts? Make sure you sign up for BW rewards- they add up fast- even with just a few stays a year you will get a $50 gift card to use on your next trip. I got their credit card and used it for Christmas online shopping- and paid things off ASAP- I have about $150 in rewards right now :thumbsup2

If you mean groceries for your room everyone recommends Vons. If you mean something else- not sure then.
WHOOHOO and congrats to you on the trip :santa:

:welcome: never stayed there before...know that Von's delivers groceries, etc. maybe check Wal-mart or Target too.

I cannot believe that our trip is less than 100 days away, and I haven't planned a thing! For our WDW trips, I have detailed minute by minute plans done months in advance. Then, I usually start packing about a month or two out. For some reason, I am convinced that DL is going to be so much easier that I haven't done anything yet. Should I start to panic yet? lol

- I know where we want to eat, but I can't make reservations for a few more weeks.
- I know that we need to do Carsland during an early entry morning.
- We are staying at the GC, and I think that we'll probably walk to the main entrance in the mornings. We'll probably try to leave the room about 45 minutes before opening.

What else do I need to figure out? I haven't even looked at the map to see where rides are located! This is SO out of character for me, but DH is looking forward to a more relaxed trip than WDW. We'll see!

DLR is so much easier to plan....and since we only get 60 days to make dining, tour ressies it does cut way down on the time we get too!
DLR is easy to park hop and get to DTD than WDW too.
check out the maps, before you go, or you will be hey where is that ride :confused3

I have stayed at the BW Stovall's twice now. It's nice. I like the rooms and the beds are really nice. I have already booked my 3rd time for Dec2013. The have some 2 pools, one is warm, the other cold and 2 hot tubs. They do have a breakfast, but it is nothing to write home about. :thumbsup2

We are going from march 25-30th staying at hojos this is my families very first time to Disneyland and the celebration is that I am turning 50 this yr

We are going from march 25-30th staying at hojos this is my families very first time to Disneyland and the celebration is that I am turning 50 this yr

:welcome: fun place to celebrate your birthday!

We are!!! We're driving in from Phoenix and staying at the Holiday Inn & Suites from the 7-12th. I'm excited to be do close to everything. I've always stayed further away when visiting DLR. It'll be me, DH, our 3 kids and my ILs.

We are going to be in Scottsdale for spring training and then driving over to Disney.:goodvibes How far of a drive is it?

We will be at Disney March 30th - April 3rd. Still haven't decided where to stay, I keep looking for a good deal.

We are going to be in Scottsdale for spring training and then driving over to Disney.:goodvibes How far of a drive is it?

We will be at Disney March 30th - April 3rd. Still haven't decided where to stay, I keep looking for a good deal.

:welcome:
I think its about 5-6 hours depending on traffic, etc. good luck with the hotel hunt!

Hi, we'll be there march 30-April 5 at VGC. Kids first trip to CA, and my/DH's first trip to DLR!!!! Had a few questions for the DLR experienced:

1). Did anyone else hear the ABD one day tours are discontinued after 1/18?

2) any restaurant suggestions for kids just starting to outgrow character meets?

3). Any short trip ideas besides Universal? We're doing legoland prior to DLR.

Thanks! We're so excited!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter