Who has done the Cake Decorating Experience at Amorette's Patisserie?

mommy2paisley

DIS Veteran
Would love to hear details about your experience! My daughter and I are wanting to do this, but curious what others’ reviews are.

Ive done this with my 10 year old - she loved it and wants to do it next time too. Adults get a couple of mimosa. The only disappointing part for us is that it is purely decorating, no baking, but we knew that before we went. The cake is also delicious. The "artist" told us a few interesting stories between decorating stages of their experiences at Disney which was fun. Not particularly challenging but fun nonetheless. My daughter was the only child there but wasnt a problem.

I did this with my mom in May 2019. We both had a blast. Like the previous poster stated it was strictly decorating not baking.

It was very well organized. Our teachers were great. Learned several decorating things that will be helpful in real life. The decorating was broken up into pretty easy steps that I think a kid could do/help with.

In addition to our cake, we were given some holiday cookies and a box of macarons to take home.

I'm planning on signing up for this for my honeymoon in October. My fiance I thought would just come along because I wanted to do it (I make him watching baking shows all the time) but it turns out he's super excited too! I'm just counting down until I can secure our spot our first day there (so we have time to eat it all up before we fly home).

The missus and I are both excited to be giving this a whirl on our July trip! We had wanted to go last year but didn't realize how popular it would be (we tended to be more 60-day planners than 180-day planners, but made an exception this year to make sure we'd get in!).

A question for those that have gone or who have it set up to go: Did you call or schedule it online? I hit 180 days in April and I just don't want to miss out because I went the wrong route first. We've both gotten so hyped about this that it would be crushing to miss out. Like when we didn't get to go on A Walk in Walt's Footsteps because I called the day I was supposed to and it was already all booked up.

A question for those that have gone or who have it set up to go: Did you call or schedule it online? I hit 180 days in April and I just don't want to miss out because I went the wrong route first. We've both gotten so hyped about this that it would be crushing to miss out. Like when we didn't get to go on A Walk in Walt's Footsteps because I called the day I was supposed to and it was already all booked up.

I scheduled online once I got to the 180 day window, and that was for a July session. It was actually slightly after that, because the dates for 180 days out weren't released, and then once they showed up in the calendar as available, they still weren't able to be reserved for another week or so.

Make sure you book it for early enough in your vacation so you have time to eat the cake you take with you! I did this with my niece in 2018 and we nibbled on it for dessert for several days.

I just reserved my daughter and granddaughter a spot for our May/June trip! My granddaughter LOVES to watch the kid baking shows, and I know she will LOVE decorating a cake!!!

I have done the class twice. I did the Santa Micky last November and regular Mickey 2 years ago. And I might just try to do it again if I get the chance. But I teach cake decorating classes and make cakes on the side so I might have a different view of the class.

The class is fun and you do learn some bits about the decorating process but they strip the information down and make the class pretty much fool proof. They want everyone to leave with a perfect cake. Even after doing the class twice, I can't make the same cake at home because we didn't actually do that much of it in the class.

Just a heads up, it is FREEZING in the bakery. They need to keep it cold to protect the baked goods and the class is very long to be sitting in a room that cold. The fist time I did the class I froze. Second time I made sure I had pants and a hoodie for the class.

The class is held in Amorette's Patisseris. It is in the corner of the building beside World of Disney.

Park in the Lime lot so you don't have to carry your cake too far. They do pack them in really cute sturdy hat boxes, but it won't hold up if its really hot outside.

Thank you for the information!! We will have to rely on the busses though, so hopefully, it won't be too bad!

The class starts before Disney Springs opens, and before the busses start running there. The Disney site tells you to speak to the resort front desk for transportation options not sure what options they would give. I planned my class for the morning after going to Universal and just rented a car for a day from the Swan.

They will hold your cake for the full day in their fridge. If its really warm that day, you can wait to take it back until its cooler in the day.

I haven't done it, but since I enjoy cake decorating it was high on my list of things I want to do. However, in an attempt of swaying my boyfriend that it would indeed be a fun activity for us to do we watched a YouTube video of the experience, and that ensured that it was quickly scratched of our list. It might be fun with children, but for us it was just too little for us to actually get involved with.

I understand that they want to make sure everyone leaves with a good result, but it just wasn't what we thought it would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter