Who has AP in your family for room discounts?

who APs in your family

• Everyone since we go so often

• Just me I want those discounts

• Just my child why get one for everyone when I can book room with that

• No one who can afford those.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DisneyWisher

DIS Veteran
Since the question on whether a child's Ap can be used for room discounts I am curious to see how many people buy them for the whole family just 1 adult or for a child. Personally everyone in my family has them. In fact we just got new ones. Our third trip this year is coming up in 10 days.

We all get one because we use it for park admissions; room discounts are just an added bonus :cool1:

All of us have APs. I just bought them this month. First timers -- We will try it out and see. We bought them for the park entrance; room discount is a bonus.

Same as Pluto, we all purchase them. Any discount is extra icing on the cake.

You forgot an option in your poll, what about
- Just one or more of my children who are lucky enough to visit local family multiple times/year.

In which case, why would it be wrong for the parent of said child to be able to book a room when they finally have time themselves to visit the area?

We have been getting PAPs for my DH, 2 DDs and myself since 1998.

We usually use ours 20 days per pass by spacing our twice a year trips a week earlier the following year. Room discounts have nothing to do with it.

You missed us too. We 're getting APs for all (2 adult, 2 child) because we want to stay on-site for 10 days. Then next year we'll come back. Then we won't be back for 6 or 7 years. WDW is our destination this year. Next year it is a sidetrip on our way to and from the Keys. Then we're going west. So, no, we don't go so often, but it makes more sense in our specific situation. However, I see no problem with buying 1 AP for the room. Disney wants our money. It does not care how or why they get it.

I think your poll options are a little unfair. I have an AP for my DD but not with the belief that we can all just use hers to book a room. I don't buy my DD's AP my parents who live in Florida buy it. Yes we use it to book rooms when we stay but we could also have my parents book us a room with their residents rate which is the same as the AP rate. It's not like we cheat when booking our rooms I informed 3 different CM's when calling and they all said it was ok to use her AP.

We (me, DH, 2 DD's) all have AP's. Use it to get into the parks. Any room discount is just an extra bonus. Don't get me wrong. When discounts come out, I try really hard to get a discounted room just like everyone else. But if it doesn't happen, so be it. It is still cheaper for us to get in the parks with the AP's because we usually go twice a year for a total of about 15 days. :flower:

We just purchased our AP's through DVC discount for our entire family. We were planning a trip in December and then again next June after we take the cruise. Well, we just decided to add a trip this summer which is right after the time we would be going next year, so this way, we now have 3 trips to get our money's worth. Probably won't be going for a while after that.

I bought an AP for myself so that I could get the room discount on my room and my sister's. I also have it so that I could get the DDE card which you have to be 21 to get. There are 8 of us going in June and we are looking forward to the 20% discount on dining. :)

Our family of four all have AP's.

We visit twice in 11 months, first in December and then again the following Thanksgiving. Since airfare from Michigan is so high, when we go we stay for 10-14 days at a time. Our first two visits, we had PAP's. The next was just hopper's. This time we're using regular AP's. This year was the first time I was able to get AP discounted room rates. We paid rack rate for two visits to ASMovies and one visit to CSR. Ouch!

Everyone in our family has one since we go more than one visit before they expire. But if I did just get one for room discounts I would do an adult one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter