Who has a "Leave a Legacy" tile in Epcot ?

My Dh and I have one. We got it in February 2000, 3 months before we got married.

I have 2 bricks. One up by the MK but not in a main walking path so the letters are still good. That one is just me before I got married.

And I have one in the 2000 bricks by the Ttc. I got it in 1999 before Dh and I were married in 2000. It has our wedding date on it.

My husband and I got a tile on our honeymoon. We look for it every time we go to Epcot. My parents also got a brick at MK before I got married. It is right off of one of the boat ramps. We also look for it when we head to the MK.

I thought I read somewhere that they stopped doing this due to lack of demand? Is that true?

Anyone know when they are being removed?

Dan

I have never understood the fascination with these things. It looks like a bunch of headstones in a cemetery.

My dh and I have one from our first visit together in 2001 when we were dating. I love that its there and can't wait to show our sons when we go this August.

I have never understood the fascination with these things. It looks like a bunch of headstones in a cemetery.

Agreed. We misunderstood and thought it would be like the bricks by MK. I wish we did that instead.

Anyone know if that's still available?

How long were these guaranteed to remain?

The OP mentions 25 years. Was that correct? Were there any special clauses that allowed Disney to remove them early? Were they guaranteed to always be at the front entrance or could Disney move them to another part of the park?

DH & I have one. We never visit it, but when I'm having a bad day, it's nice to think that a little part of me is at Epcot.

we used to think the same thing, what are those ugly stone things. then we took dgd and don't know what happened but we got her one and loved it. it seemed so special, which is funny for something we disliked. wish they would do more bricks.

I have always understood it to be 20 years, and then Disney can move or remove.

We have two, my wife and me, son and daughter. We just looked at them with grandsons back in April. They got a kick out of seeing mommy 15 years ago.

We also have two bricks, one by the Polynesian/TTC, where we stayed that trip, and another at MK entrance, immediately after the bag check.

:cool1:

We have one also and we got it on our 1st trip to the world in 2004. We have never found ours either. We are a family of 5 and they wouldn't let us all in the picture, so instead we have a little saying on it instead. I would love to find it and see it again.

DH and I got one in 2000...we were very excited to finally show our kids when they had their first trip in 2009! They think we are celebrities. :cool1:

My boys have one, back in the early 2000's we had one. both boys are in their 20s now and love to go back and see how goofy they looked... my baby just got married and he can't wait to take his wife to see his pic at epcot..

How long were these guaranteed to remain?

The OP mentions 25 years. Was that correct? Were there any special clauses that allowed Disney to remove them early? Were they guaranteed to always be at the front entrance or could Disney move them to another part of the park?

I have always understood it to be 20 years, and then Disney can move or remove.

We have two, my wife and me, son and daughter. We just looked at them with grandsons back in April. They got a kick out of seeing mommy 15 years ago.

We also have two bricks, one by the Polynesian/TTC, where we stayed that trip, and another at MK entrance, immediately after the bag check.
I wonder if they put a limit on how long it would be there in case there was so much demand they had to start to rotate some off? Since they quit doing it and still have open space clearly that isn't going to be a reason to remove them. I'd guess they'll stay till they decide to take the entire thing down and put something else in it's place.

Somehow we have 2 - of the exact same picture! I visit it every few trips - I have taken pics of what "my view" is from there - pretty awesome :) One if of the monorail and one is of SSE - pretty cool :)

DH and I do. It's from before we were married; we'd only been dating a year at the time. We're right next to two of our friends, who went on the trip with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter