Who Has a Crystal Ball to Look at 2021 ??

NJ Goofy

DVC Member - SSR & BWV
I know it will be all guess work, but who can look in their crystal ball and tell us what the Spring of 2021 will look like in WDW ?
1) What will the crowd levels be ?
2) Will Park Hopping be allowed ?
3) Will FP+ be up and running ?
4) Will we still be wearing masks inside & outside ?
5) Will the hours be back to "normal" ?
6) Will all the restaurants be open ?

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts and please let's stay away from the politics involved ! Thanks !

1. Higher than now
2. I think so
3. Maybe
4. Inside yes. Outside maybe.
5. No
6. No

1) Crowd levels will be higher, but won't approach "normal" until next summer is my guess.
2) I think they'll open up park-hopping by Spring Break.
3) I think we'll see a paid FP system in place by mid-year, like MaxPass in Disneyland.
4) Masks will still be mandatory until late spring indoors and outdoors.
5) Hours will creep back to normal by late spring, but they won't be the super-extended hours that we were used to seeing.
6) I'd guess the vast majority of restaurants will be open by summer.

1) What will the crowd levels be ? Definitely higher. Hopefully they increase ride capacity at each park.
2) Will Park Hopping be allowed ? Nope.
3) Will FP+ be up and running ? Nope.
4) Will we still be wearing masks inside & outside ? Yep.
5) Will the hours be back to "normal" ? Nope.
6) Will all the restaurants be open ? Not all of them but 80% of them should be open.

1) What will the crowd levels be ? - Bigger than now. Capacity will increase.
2) Will Park Hopping be allowed ? - By spring, yes.
3) Will FP+ be up and running ? - Yes
4) Will we still be wearing masks inside & outside ? - For love of all things good, I hope not. Put me down for a no. I think common sense will prevail by then.
5) Will the hours be back to "normal" ? - I'm not sure there is a normal anymore for park hours but yes, I will say they will resemble more of the past than what we see right now
6) Will all the restaurants be open ? - No, there are some will never reopen

I know it will be all guess work, but who can look in their crystal ball and tell us what the Spring of 2021 will look like in WDW ?

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts and please let's stay away from the politics involved ! Thanks !

1. high
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes
5. yes
6. yes

1) What will the crowd levels be ? Still low. Once international travel/social distancing restrictions are lifted, I'm guessing that is when Disney will start lifting its own capacity restrictions. I'm guessing Fall 2021 would be the earliest this happens.
2) Will Park Hopping be allowed ? Yes
3) Will FP+ be up and running ? Not until back to normal.
4) Will we still be wearing masks inside & outside ? Yes
5) Will the hours be back to "normal" ? No.
6) Will all the restaurants be open ? No. Might see a few more open than now, but not everything until maybe fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a rescheduled trip for 10 days in June. Its a simple I can live without Fast Passes (we are a rope drop to close family) but no character meet and greets and if it still masks I will move June 2021 to June 2022. I count on Disney adding up lose revenue to do somethimg.

Last edited by a moderator:

1) higher than they are now
2) no
3) no
4) yes
5) longer hours than current hours, but not regular hours. Probably back to the hours they had this summer
6) more restaurants will be open but still not all

1. Higher, but not back to normal till maybe summer or later.
2. Eventually, spring to summer
3. Doubtful early spring, maybe by summer
4. Inside definitely, maybe outside unless everyone has been vaccinated.
5. Not till summer or later , will follow crowd size
6. Eventually, will follow crowd size as well.

We have a reservation for end of May, travelling from U.K., I can cope with most things but not the masks. The masks make absolutely no sense, so much evidence to prove they don’t have any benefits to stopping a virus. Here in the U.K. we don’t have to wear them outside only inside. I am exempt, can’t breath with one on, no way I can walk round in Florida heat in one. I am praying common sense will prevail and those behind this pandemic will be exposed.

Has there been any official word from the US government regarding the opening of the frontiers/resumption of air travel between the US and Europe?

I saw a couple of days ago that Australia is talking about no international tourism until the end of 2021 and while the US isn’t Australia, from the UK side of the pond both governments seem to have similar views on international visitors at least at present.

We have a 3-week trip booked for December 2021 (we booked it in January 2020!) and are just hoping there are still some transatlantic airlines left by then...

All I know for sure is we will definitely still be wearing masks this spring.

I’m guessing hours and restaurants will be closer to normal though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter