Who else is grabbing Cape May and Trattoria AF as character meal lotto tickets?

TheDailyMoo

DIS Veteran
There's an endless supply of times for the two of them and it seems like a great way to hedge your bets on getting extra character meals for trips a couple of months out. Been filling a few of these in for empty time slots and worst comes to worst they're solid breakfast choices and in the area I'm staying in or can always change it if something better pops up. I really wish they would give an update on things like this even if it's to say "hey probably not happening anytime soon".

My sister has Trattoria booked for a trip in June with that very thought. ☺️😉 & We’ll probably book it for a trip in August too (staying at BCV).

I’m in the opposite camp. I booked a Trattoria breakfast in June, for the breakfast. If it becomes a character meal, I’ll cancel since we’re not looking for that, and wondering if price will go up.

We have Ohana booked in early June but will have to cancel with our group of 11 if characters return and the price doubles. Anyone know if Disney would honor the price at booking?

We have Cape May booked because we are at Yacht Club . Will keep even without characters. We have Crystal Palace booked in the hopes of character returns . My daughter is obsessed with Eeyore. If they don’t have characters I will cancel that one . We were there in March and I didn’t enjoy the food at all . My kids and husband did because of all the meat items . I’m a vegetarian. I miss the old menu .

We will probably book ohana regardless. My kids love the breakfast and they are now a little older so won’t miss the characters even if they aren’t back .

I don't think you have to wonder about that! :joker:
Exactly, you are right. What I should’ve said was I want to eat breakfast there for the food, but will cancel if characters aren’t back because we don’t care about that and the price Will go up!
With that in mind, I’ve already started looking at options.

I thought about it but it seems unlikely the change will happen for my trip in May and I have other restaurants booked that I’d rather eat at if those still turned out not to have character dining. I wonder how much notice they’ll give when they do bring characters back

I think when they bring back characters the price will go up no matter how advance the warning is. I can see people loving something like TAF without the characters bc the food is very good and the price point becomes just right without characters. I'm going with a toddler so my vacation...sorry..."vacation" is all about packing in toddler-esque activities like character meals.

There's an endless supply of times for the two of them and it seems like a great way to hedge your bets on getting extra character meals for trips a couple of months out. Been filling a few of these in for empty time slots and worst comes to worst they're solid breakfast choices and in the area I'm staying in or can always change it if something better pops up. I really wish they would give an update on things like this even if it's to say "hey probably not happening anytime soon".
:love: Cape May!!!! Good luck

We booked Cinderella's royal table at the $62/adult cost, won't be upset if the full character experience comes back since it's pre-paid! I know the full character experience used to be $74+ there. And my oldest hasn't eaten in the castle since she was 8...14 yrs ago!

Lol we are the opposite. If characters return, we'll cancel the reservation. We're all adults and just want the breakfast buffet and don't want to pay the extra charge for characters. We're going in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter