Who else is going in October??

maddiemom

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran/DVC member<br><font c
We are going home for the first time in October (6-13th) staying at VWL....just wondering if anyone else will be at VWL at that time too??

Keep your eyes out for us lsutigger. We WILL have our green ribbon on and THREE grandmas with us. We don't check in until Sunday though (trying to save on points!!)

Maddiemom, we will be there when you are and where you are! I'm sure we'll be running into you sometimes (maybe in the living room/kitchen). Let's see how many other people will be there , not in our room though :) . Maybe we can have a mini-meet at WLV. By the way, I thought you were going to mow this afternoon.:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Ahhh, I'll miss you by a couple of days...we check in 10/17 and out 10/22...going for the PGA tournament and a little Food and Wine! We're staying at the Yacht Club this time..great AP rates and no availability for DVC since we booked so late...anybody else?

benhannah's mom....I am almost certain I will see you that week!

Is there anyone else though????

BTW...the yard is mowed, we all need rest breaks every now and then!

Luv2Dream,
Wish I had planned a little bit more ahead. Two great events golf and food!! Maybe year after next, we're doing the cruise next year!

We tried for the 6-13 but no availability on the 2br at either OKW, BWV or VFW. Had to settle for 9/29 - 10/6. Who cares!!! Our first time going home and we can't wait...

When you are at home at VWL be sure to eat at The Whispering Canyon and ask for Catsup.

Enjoy your visit home! :D

We will just miss you. We are going on the Magic 10/13-10/20 and then staying at OKW for a few days after the cruise.

My wife and I are taking my sister-in-law and her husband down to OKW (10/27-11/3), then on to the 7 day cruise.

We are planning (way ahead!) for a trip to WDW in Oct/02, and I am wondering just what the weather, crowds and facilities are like at that time of year.

I believe Oct/02 will still be part of the 100 Years celebration, so that will no doubt introduce some wrinkles in the planning that weren't there in previous years.

What has the weather been like for those that have gone in the past? Still plenty warm to swim outside? For comparison - we were just there in May this year and it was plenty warm for us!

We have two children, who will be 5 1/2 and 7 1/2 at the time of the trip. Should we give serious consideration to going later in Oct and taking a night to go to MNSSHP?

Historically, what are the park closing, parade and fireworks schedules like in Oct?

TIA, Jeff

The DW and I are taking my folks in Oct. .... First, it's just us from 10/27 then the folks 10/31 and we both depart on 11/3.

:D We always go in the last week in October. The weather is perfect, in the 70's and the parks are not crowded. We usaully stay at the WL, but this year my daughter wanted to stay at the GF. I heard the GF has a new pool. The wife and I are also going (with NO kids) last weakend in January and staying at the VWL. Also looking to meet other DVCers. I plan on taking a close look at the BCV while at WDW. I will post some pictures of the BCV when I return.

We are going to OKW October 20 to 24th. We are going with two other couples (no kids this trip), one of which have never been to Disney world before! This will also be my first time to Disney without the kids. Relating to another posting about saving points on weekends, we are getting a Grand Villa for Sunday through Wednesday, but for Saturdaynight we are saving points by getting a studio (one of the other couples is meeting us on Sunday so only needed a room to sleep 4). Have a Great Trip!

We will be there Oct 13 - Oct 20 at the BWV. We are so excited because we are staying in a GV! :pinkbounc I'm a little worried about the renovations and the fact that the GV will be renovated soon after we leave. I hope they aren't in really bad shape!

Try and try. We want to go Oct 4-9th. Doesn't look like it is happening. No ressies, no rooms, no fun... :(

Great to hear the news about the late October crowds and weather. We will be staying at the BWV from Oct 20 - Oct 27. We are taking my parents, sister and BIL and her two kids. We have a full schedule including ... Golf on Saturaday, MNSSHP on Sunday, the Food and Wine festival, and 100th Birthday party celebration. Can't wait to go... 52 days!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter