• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who else is going for the first time?

We'll be there for our first time in September!! DD cannot wait to be there!!!

I'll be there with my new hubby in January. We are gonna spend 8 nights at CBR and 4 nights at BW PLAZA. Has anyone stayed at the Best Western and can tell me about it (GOOD OR BAD). This will be our first time in Orlando together and I went to Disney last in 1997. I can't wait to see all the changes.:D I'm getting a little scared about riding the coasters after seeing all the accidents lately:( The latest being just today with 22 people getting injured on the superman ride at a park in the Northeast, I think. I don't know if it's the rides malfunctioning or the operators just slacking off.

First timers too! My son, his wife, 3 grandkids my DH and myself. Did DW 2 yrs. in a row and the cruise, now am giving US/IOA and Seaworld a go. Will be there for 7 days Oct.20-27th. Oh yeah, wet and wild too.

Going for the first time with my 6 year old 8/24. We have already done our disney trip this year, but ds wanted to try USO. Got great airfare and a great room rate - so couldn't pass it up!!!!:)

This will be our first time also. We went the last two years to WDW and are staying there this time also but decided to try Universal with the AAA passes. We leave in 2DAYS!!

I'm Pete the DISney nut and I am a USF/IoA Virgin.

There, that's the embarrassment out of the way.

We are going in March - TC and I - for our first visit and from what I have seen and heard, it will certainly not be the last.

I do have one question for you all which I will post in a separate thread so as not to confuse matters any more than they already are. Barry:rolleyes: - is USF part of Disney, indeed.

Anyway, we become part of the clan on the 12 March 2002.

Loking forward to it already.

Pete and TC

Can't wait. Only 4 more days. Will be at US/IOA on the 14th and 15th. We are staying at OKW.

This will be our first time at other parks besides WDW.

Orlando is awesome.

I

First timers here. Only one prior WDW trip, this time (Aug. 31-Sept.9) we are doing Discovery Cove, 5 Disney days, 2 days at US/IAO (HRH), and then the day we leave, we'll spend some time at Sea World on our DC passes. Me, my DH, and 10 year old DD. I absolutely hated Back to the Future when we rode it in Hollywood a few years ago, and got real dizzy on the virtual Aladdin ride at DisneyQuest a couple of years back. DD loves Coasters (so do we), her favorite rides are Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, and Fast Track (and I know she will love RNRC at MGM), but HATES jump rides and wasn't too fond of a real jerky ride we had on TOT last trip. She refuses to go on a wet ride unless she is weaing her swimsuit, so I guess she will live in it. DH is pretty much up for anything, but does have back problems. So, it will be interesting! I just ordered the book recommended on these boards, so maybe that will keep us straightened out.

Hi Dancind,

A word of reassuirance here.

I too suffer from a back problem as well and from what I have read on these boards, the vast majority of these rides are so smooth, your DH should not have any problems at all.

HTH

Pete

We're going to WDW for 7 nights, followed by 2 nights at HRH - never thought I'd ever give up even an hour of WDW time to venture to Universal, much less 2 whole nights & days, but off we go this October for the first time to Universal!

My husband has been nagging, non-stop, for over a year to go to Islands of Adventure & Universal Studios - so I took - gasp!!! - 2 nights off our original 9 nights at WDW to visit the competition.

(I feel like a traitor!)

Hey suzimar, I myself am doing the ol' WDW/US/IOA/SW and I too felt guilty, but the wonderful people here at the DIS boards assured me that I would have a great time. Unfortunately, my travel agent made our ressies with WDW first and US/SW second. That means that I will be leaving my beloved Mouseland after 8 fantastic nights and going over to Movieland. But unlike you I will find my 4 nights at Best Western Plaza a little bit of a letdown {Hard Rock would be so cool} HAVE FUN!!!!:)

We are going to IOA for our first time at the end of September. We went to Universal Studios in Orlando back in 1993 so there are many new things to see there now. Although we've been to Disney several times since 1993 we have only now decided that it is time to see USF again and IOA for the first time. I am really looking forward to it.

Bart
:cool:

Yahoo, leaving Friday for Orlando!! We too are going for the first time to Universal and IOA. We went to Disney last year and my youngest son said we had to go back to do everything else!!:D

I am so excited I can hardly sit still:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

DH and I are going for the first time in September. We will spend 7 days at WDW, three off-site (not sure where, just playing it by ear) and two more nights at WDW. We haven't been to either US or IOA. We decided against Cirque tickets, and decided to do IOA for a day instead. I hope one day is enough time. If we like it, we'll add more time next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter