Who did YOU see at Goofy's Kitchen?

Goofy at the entrance for pictures. Snow White, Dale, Pluto & Baloo. I was diassapointed! The food was good but I felt the characters were not the greatest and the interaction a little bit sad. The price you pay deserves more IMHO:goodvibes

We've been several times to both Goofy's Kitchen in DL and Chef Mickey's in DW. Overall the food I think is better at Chef Mickey's. However the character interaction is way better at Goofy's Kitchen. Castmembers--you rock at Goofy's Kitchen. Everyone of them has been an actor or actress. Very engaging and do a great job being in character.
We've seen: Mulan, Goofy, Chip, Dale, Pluto, Minnie
Snow White, Max, Jasmine, Baloo, Minnie, Goofy
Mulan, Jasmine, Chip, Dale, Pluto, Goofy, Minnie

Funny, I felt the opposite, I thought food was better at Goofy's and Characters were better at Chef Mickey's!

On our christmas Trip we did 4 of the 5 character meals (all exceot Ariels)

I rank them in this order

Food
The main courses and desserts at GK were wonderful this was our Christmas Dinner and hard to compare as the other three we did were breakfasts

Best overall buffet breakfast was Surf's Up they had some things the other buffets didn't like Fruit Smoothies, breakfast pizza, mini churros & fresh made Chorizo & eggs at the omlette bar.

Storytellers made the best omlette by far but that would be dependant on getting the same omlette chef we got that day I would think.

Minnie's had so many characters and they took up so much of our time (however saved us time in the long run standing in their lines) that the only things I ate were fruit and banana bread so I wouldn't have to worry about hot food going cold.

Characters

Surf's Up with Mickey had the most off table interactions...ie Pluto teaching the swim, Stitch giving surfing lessons and was the only meal where the "main" character interacted beyond the photo op...In between photo ops Mickey danced with the kids...despite this we had plenty of time to eat. Also we saw the most "top" Disney characters here Mickey, Minnie, Daisy & Pluto were there.

Minnies is a sheer number explosion..we saw 12 characters everyone from Minnie to Benny the penguin from Mary Poppins...despite this Surf's Up still had more "Top" characters there.

Storytellers has the furry critters..we saw chip & dale (they appear everywhere there must be 20 set of chip & dale at the parks) meeko, turk, and our highlight Brer Bear..no "top" characters at this one.

Goofy's had 5 characters and due to the fact that we were the last seating they left before we had 90 minutes with them I would recommend against taking the last seating at any charater meal...the "top" characters at this meal were Goofy and Minnie.

Thanks so much for all the advice!! :goodvibes

Overall, it sounds like GK is the perfect balance for my group. I'd be more disappointed if I paid the $$ and had sub-par food than if I didn't see a ton of characters. As I mentioned before, I essentially live at WDW, so most of my group and myself do not necessarily need to meet a dozen characters. Plus, I have to agree, I would not appreciate being interrupted constantly from eating! The last character meal we did was at Epcot at the Garden Grill ... we only saw 3 or 4 characters, but they spent a good deal of time with us, and it was awesome.

:cutie:On 4/19 we saw
Goofy, Chip,Dale,Snow White,Max,Alladin,Minnie
Awsome for us and a good meal
:cutie:

Over a few meals at GK I have seen:

- Goofy
- Pluto
- Chip
- Dale
- Baloo
- Gideon
- Honest John
- Snow White
- Cinderella
- Jasmine
- Belle in her blue dress

I feel like I'm forgetting one or two, but that's the list that I remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter