Who Did Everyone Use for a Wedding Photographer?

Pixiedust2019

Earning My Ears
In the beginning stages of planning a June wedding at Paddlefish. I made the reservation directly without a package so I am looking for all the key players needed. Where should I start with a photographer and how much should I expect to pay? What did everyone do for music and cost? I have some ideas for hair and makeup and am shopping on Etsy and Ear for Each Other for decorations and hopefully a cake. Any help is appreciated. Thank You Everyone!!!

In the beginning stages of planning a June wedding at Paddlefish. I made the reservation directly without a package so I am looking for all the key players needed. Where should I start with a photographer and how much should I expect to pay? What did everyone do for music and cost? I have some ideas for hair and makeup and am shopping on Etsy and Ear for Each Other for decorations and hopefully a cake. Any help is appreciated. Thank You Everyone!!!

I am having my reception at Paddlefish next week (ceremony is at the Polynesian). Paddlefish recommends Complete Weddings and Events for a DJ if you want one- they do weddings there all the time so they know the space etc. I paid $845 for my 3 hour reception. My cake is from Cake & Bake- they are former Disney pastry chefs and I have loved working with them so far. Cake to feed 75 was about $400 with delivery.

For photography I am using Disney for my ceremony- but hired Uptown & More for the reception. I paid $740 for a 4 hour package at Disney Springs before the reception + the dinner. Overall on my Paddlefish dinner with 40 adults and 12 children I am at about $8000 in food/beverage and another $1000 in floral, plus the items mentioned above.

I am having my reception at Paddlefish next week (ceremony is at the Polynesian). Paddlefish recommends Complete Weddings and Events for a DJ if you want one- they do weddings there all the time so they know the space etc. I paid $845 for my 3 hour reception. My cake is from Cake & Bake- they are former Disney pastry chefs and I have loved working with them so far. Cake to feed 75 was about $400 with delivery.

For photography I am using Disney for my ceremony- but hired Uptown & More for the reception. I paid $740 for a 4 hour package at Disney Springs before the reception + the dinner. Overall on my Paddlefish dinner with 40 adults and 12 children I am at about $8000 in food/beverage and another $1000 in floral, plus the items mentioned above.
Thank you for all that great information. I reserved Paddlefish just for the ceremony and will be eating in the restaurant in non private dining. Did you do one of the packages for food? I did not like the menu so I opted not to rent the space. I will look into the photographer and bakery though, how about hair and make up? Any suggestions. I hope you had or have a wonderful ceremony. Best Wishes!!!

We used David and Vicky Arndt this past year (for the second time). They were superb. There prices are extremely reasonable compared to other photographers. Highly highly recommend 10/10. They used to work for disney weddings so they know the best spots and poses on disney property for photos very well.

We love the photos from Root Photography and so we have booked them for our December wedding. I don't really like the moody photography that is popular right now and just know, if a photographer has a style, they are unlikely to change it so you really need to be in love with their photos. For hair and make up we are going with Laura Reynolds who I followed on instagram and who's work I love. I followed a bunch of Disney stuff on instagram and then I went through who liked the posts and followed them.

I used Beaute Special for hair and makeup, and Misty Miotto Photography. Highly recommend both.

Thank you for all that great information. I reserved Paddlefish just for the ceremony and will be eating in the restaurant in non private dining. Did you do one of the packages for food? I did not like the menu so I opted not to rent the space. I will look into the photographer and bakery though, how about hair and make up? Any suggestions. I hope you had or have a wonderful ceremony. Best Wishes!!!

Sorry I somehow didn't get the notification of your reply. We did do the package- the Lakeview at $100/pp plus the deluxe bar. The food was good. Honestly the appetizers were our favorite- the ceviche was amazing!

I used Laura Reynolds for hair and makeup. I was really happy with her and her team.

Our wedding day was amazing. I just wish I had added the extra hour on to our Paddlefish dinner. The 3 hours went by so fast with dinner and speeches and dancing. It felt like it was over before it started. If I went back and changed anything I would have extended to 4 hours for the $500 (our ceremony was at the Polynesian so our dinner package was only 3 hours).

Hi!

Look around for a photographer that has work you love, and offers things like albums, and prints so you can get heirloom level stuff directly from them.

Make sure they pass the "beer test" which means, you feel comfortable with and you both would hang out with them. Theres nothing worse than having a photographer you don't like personally at your wedding. They are going to eb with you for your highs and lows during the day so having someone around that can crack a joke is super valuable.

Pricing varies, but seasoned award winning photographers can be anywhere from 3K all the way to 20K depending on their demand, skills, what they offer with it, and their own discretion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter