Who can ride Skyliner?

Thanks...what do we know about strollers- will they need to be collapsed?

I don’t know for sure, but it seems like you can just roll on with it. It is moving but it certainly looks likes it will be possible to simply get on without folding it up.

Thanks...what do we know about strollers- will they need to be collapsed?
From several blog posts:
Strollers must fit within a 30″ x 48″ area to board the Disney Skyliner. If larger than those dimensions, the stroller would need to be collapsed. The same dimensions also apply to wheelchairs and ECVs.

ALL Guests are actually being ENCOURAGED to ride.

In the new Resort Guide it is listed as a transportation option for Guests traveling between DHS and Epcot. :)
except it's going to take forever to get between the two since you have to transfer as they aren't connected at all.

But,unlike Buses and FriendShips-no waiting.
I’m sure there will be plenty of waiting. Even though they continue to move I’m sure there will be more people trying to ride than there are gondolas coming in. So you’ll probably have to wait to get on the first, then when you get to the CBR station you’ll have to wait for another to transfer to your final destination (unless of course you’re going to CBR). The people who have it the easiest are those staying at CBR since all lines lead to them, but for everyone else they’ll have to wait multiple times to get where they’re going. Only time will tell how long the lines get.

I’m sure there will be plenty of waiting. Even though they continue to move I’m sure there will be more people trying to ride than there are gondolas coming in. So you’ll probably have to wait to get on the first, then when you get to the CBR station you’ll have to wait for another to transfer to your final destination (unless of course you’re going to CBR). The people who have it the easiest are those staying at CBR since all lines lead to them, but for everyone else they’ll have to wait multiple times to get where they’re going. Only time will tell how long the lines get.
Under normal operating conditions, a gondola will depart every 8 seconds or so. That gives them a pretty high through put rate.

I noticed on the Ale & Compass restaurant page, it lists the Skyliner as a transportation choice to get there. What stop would that be?

But,unlike Buses and FriendShips-no waiting.
The bus is still the actual fastest more of transportation between Epcot and DHS. Total time depends completely on when in the bus cycles the guest gets to the stop.

Or jogging.

I arrive Sunday, and will be pushing my adult son onto the Skyliner in his large Convaid chair. Looks like they will fold up one bench for him. He can walk on too, I have to see what will be the easiest thing to do with him.

Under normal operating conditions, a gondola will depart every 8 seconds or so. That gives them a pretty high through put rate.
A bus load every few minutes-after the "newness" wears off and Guests stop riding just for "fun",I don't see how there will ever be a wait except maybe for Park Open/Close.

And we will have 2 very cool transport options between IG and DHS!

No way I am taking a bus between DHS and Epcot when I can Boat or Fly! :)

The ride itself, when operational isn't long, maybe 15 min total, however, the actual waiting que lines to get on are what will be dynamic.

Between Epcot and Hollywood Studios, all guests must exit and transfer at the Caribbean Beach Resort Skyliner Central Hub. Ques here could be long to enter the Skyliner transportation at select heavy travel times. No different than the peak times traveling on monorail.

So even though the actual route is pretty quick, your que times to get on/off and transfer will vary.

The bus is still the actual fastest more of transportation between Epcot and DHS. Total time depends completely on when in the bus cycles the guest gets to the stop.

Or jogging.

It's only about 20 minutes walking, plus you get to go in the IG which is always quicker than the security at the front.

Not to be the party pooper, but the skyliner is now indefinitely closed due to the recent accident. It could be a day before it reopens, a month, a year, or never. Just check the DCL website before you plan to use it. I personally would not expect it to be up and running for a long time, but who knows.

Not to be the party pooper, but the skyliner is now indefinitely closed due to the recent accident. It could be a day before it reopens, a month, a year, or never. Just check the DCL website before you plan to use it. I personally would not expect it to be up and running for a long time, but who knows.
I think that will depend on whether the cause of the incident is something simple to fix or not. If it’s a simple matter of making a mechanical repair, it might not take too long. I am sure both Disney and Dopplemayr want to get it fixed as soon as possible as the longer it stays down, the worse it looks for both sides. I hope it’s up for my trip in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter