Who booked a Hawaiian Cruise this morning?

I booked yesterday for a 10B gty on the Hawaii to Vancouver but upgraded later at night to a 9C for natural daylight in the room. There wasn't much left (inside and oceanview only I believe) late last night.

However we had a 10C held for the Vancouver to Hawaii also but will be letting that one go so should show up Friday/Saturday on the website.
Same with us. I have two connecting 10B rooms held on the April 26 Vancouver to Hawaii sailing. Surprisingly DCL doesn't make it easy to cancel holds on the website. Ours will be let go Friday/Saturday automatically as well.

I tried to book back to back this am, I'm silver status. I can book departing Vancouver but not back again. Apparently sold out. My sister won't fly so I will have to keep checking for cancellations.
Keep looking as the platinum holds will become available in the next day or so....good luck!

Same with us. I have two connecting 10B rooms held on the April 26 Vancouver to Hawaii sailing. Surprisingly DCL doesn't make it easy to cancel holds on the website. Ours will be let go Friday/Saturday automatically as well.

I know, when I upgraded the cruise we were keeping I was surprised that I couldn't release the other one.

We booked.. after much discussion and going back and forth we did it.. We are silver and got very lucky.. OV with large window is what we wanted... GTY but location we really dont care.. we are happy to be on board.. maybe once things start opening up in a year or so, I'll take a look and see what upgrades are avail. but most likley we are keeping as is...

I am surprised so many are doing B2B on these sailings... We enteratined that thought but when we did the math ( at around 550-600 a night ) and 5 of those are another 5 sea days ( 10 sea days in total) .. we could actually see more of Oahu and fly home and save money.. really surprised so many are doing that as for that money you are not getting much HI for that much money and time.. just my opinion.

I got tty 9B going from Vancouver to Honolulu, and tty 10B going from Honolulu to Vancouver this morning. Basically I had to keep refreshing on the page today. Luckily both cruises did not pop up at the same time so I could concentrate on getting one and then the other.

Chat agent says both sold out.

Nothing showing online today but things may open up in the next day or two days as platinum/gold holds are released. I had a cat 10C held on the Vancouver to Hawaii that I am letting go as we decided to take the cruise in the other direction.

I also heard they booked HI to full capacity. Which surprised me. I guess they are betting 2022 is back to normal

We booked.. after much discussion and going back and forth we did it.. We are silver and got very lucky.. OV with large window is what we wanted... GTY but location we really dont care.. we are happy to be on board.. maybe once things start opening up in a year or so, I'll take a look and see what upgrades are avail. but most likley we are keeping as is...

I am surprised so many are doing B2B on these sailings... We enteratined that thought but when we did the math ( at around 550-600 a night ) and 5 of those are another 5 sea days ( 10 sea days in total) .. we could actually see more of Oahu and fly home and save money.. really surprised so many are doing that as for that money you are not getting much HI for that much money and time.. just my opinion.
It's a very similar argument to doing a Hawaii cruise at all. I imagine the B2B is aimed at folks who have done Hawaii before.

We too have the two cruises booked but will likely only do the second one - preceded by staying a few days at Aulani.

It's a very similar argument to doing a Hawaii cruise at all. I imagine the B2B is aimed at folks who have done Hawaii before.

We too have the two cruises booked but will likely only do the second one - preceded by staying a few days at Aulani.
True in some way. We have never been. For my mom it makes one way getting there from Frankfurt and island hopping easier. For an active family a land only is the cheaper and better way to really see and do much more within the same time frame. I really wish Hilo was on the H-V route. Doing the return sailing for some reason logistically seems more stressful. But I am thinking about trying to grab that too. Maybe in a year time wise those dates fit better too. Ugh. So much to think about

True in some way. We have never been. For my mom it makes one way getting there from Frankfurt and island hopping easier. For an active family a land only is the cheaper and better way to really see and do much more within the same time frame. I really wish Hilo was on the H-V route. Doing the return sailing for some reason logistically seems more stressful. But I am thinking about trying to grab that too. Maybe in a year time wise those dates fit better too. Ugh. So much to think about

FWIW interisland flights are fairly cheap, plentiful, and quick. You may be able to leave luggage at your hotel in Honolulu and hop over to Hilo for a day or two and then back with a smaller overnight bag. Heck, we'd even knocked around the idea of flying over early in the morning, going to the Volcanoes National Park and then heading back in the evening.

My wife and I are doing the B2B. I thought we would do one way or the other with a stay in Aulani, but my wife doesn't want to do the long flight between Hawaii and Virginia. She is more comfortable taking the ship both ways. I have been to Hawaii once for work for 2 weeks, but she has never been there. We had booked the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise that was supposed to go this year, but cancelled before Covid was a thing when my wife was diagnosed with cancer and this would have been towards the end of her chemo treatments. Treatments are done and scans show that they were successful.

My wife and I are doing the B2B. I thought we would do one way or the other with a stay in Aulani, but my wife doesn't want to do the long flight between Hawaii and Virginia. She is more comfortable taking the ship both ways. I have been to Hawaii once for work for 2 weeks, but she has never been there. We had booked the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise that was supposed to go this year, but cancelled before Covid was a thing when my wife was diagnosed with cancer and this would have been towards the end of her chemo treatments. Treatments are done and scans show that they were successful.
That's wonderful! Have two great cruises!

Great news! I hope and pray we are all healthy in a year and a half. And if anyone has to cancel it’s only for good reason.

Despite platinum holds expiring at 2359 hours last night, the Hawaii cruises are not showing up online yet. I wonder how long it takes DCL to release the rooms?

I just talked to an agent... she does not see anything available in any category ...
Despite platinum holds expiring at 2359 hours last night, the Hawaii cruises are not showing up online yet. I wonder how long it takes DCL to release the rooms?

We decided to keep our B2B last night. We too were not looking forward to the long flight. My husband put so much planning into last years trip I think he just didn’t want to be in the same boat if we have to cancel again for Covid.

Again we could cancel one down the road. Just happy we are getting a chance to go again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter