Who’s sailed from England

Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
Hey we are doing the 4 night cruise at end of august that goes to France and back

going with my wife and two year old twins girls

I no that no one can tell me what the weather will be like but who has been across the bay of biscay and what was your experience. Sounds like it really is 50/50 and chances are it will be rough going or coming back 🤷‍♂️

im worrying the weather is normally that bad there we are all going to end of sick, skipping meals etc and it been a lot of money for that experience

I would lose a lot if a cancel now, flights, pre paid hotel at Southampton etc but let me know any advice you may have

We just sailed from SH to Norway end Aug all the way up the English channel (we could see France fairly well). No issues with roughness, motion sickness, etc. both ways, same for DCL Magic 5 years ago from SH. We had much worse motion/waves from PtC to Nassau. Of course, if it's a bad weather day, you'll get waves (anywhere). Enjoy.

We just sailed from SH to Norway end Aug all the way up the English channel (we could see France fairly well). No issues with roughness, motion sickness, etc. both ways, same for DCL Magic 5 years ago from SH. We had much worse motion/waves from PtC to Nassau. Of course, if it's a bad weather day, you'll get waves (anywhere). Enjoy.

that’s promising

we had a really rough day once to in the Caribbean too

im hoping with in being the end of august it won’t be to bad 🤞

mybe I shouldn’t use google as they make it sound like it’s awful every time 😂

Disney has never done a cruise to France/Spain from the U.K. before except for the repo cruises between Barcelona and Southampton.

I have only crossed the Bay of Biscay once, it was on a ferry many years ago. It was rough on the way out but fine on the way back. This was in July.

There is the potential for bad weather with any cruise really. I would go and have the best time you can.

Disney has never done a cruise to France/Spain from the U.K. before except for the repo cruises between Barcelona and Southampton.

I have only crossed the Bay of Biscay once, it was on a ferry many years ago. It was rough on the way out but fine on the way back. This was in July.

There is the potential for bad weather with any cruise really. I would go and have the best time you can.
oh right. I never knew that

was it rough enough to put you off food, sick etc

but yeah your probably right, might as well just go and hope for the best, it’s just when its costing over a grand a day you want everything to go well, but guess you could go anywhere on a cruise and have rough seas

Personally I was not sick but some of my family was. Also keep in mind this was on a ferry and NOT a huge cruise ship which can absorb the motion better.

I sailed on the Barcelona to Dover cruise about 5 years ago and got sea sick going across the bay of biscay. This has been the only time I’ve ever got sea sick on a cruise. But if you pack some tablets you should be fine.

I sailed on the Barcelona to Dover cruise about 5 years ago and got sea sick going across the bay of biscay. This has been the only time I’ve ever got sea sick on a cruise. But if you pack some tablets you should be fine.
Yeah I’ll try that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter