White Witch, Queen of Narnia

Alice's Mom

<font color=deeppink>My little one has now become
The White Witch is now appearing by the Castle to scowl at and frighten children, but my little Alice made friends with her...she bowed and told her she was pretty...

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

She probably just wanted to entice her into coming to the castle for turkish delight....... hehe.
She does look scary.. and so much like the movie witch!

Wow, the Witch at Disneyland really does look like Tilda Swinton! I loved the White Witch in the movie and I am eager to meet her at Disneyland.

LukenDC said:
Wow, the Witch at Disneyland really does look like Tilda Swinton! I loved the White Witch in the movie and I am eager to meet her at Disneyland.

I thought the same thing when I saw pictures a few days ago. But those pictures weren't as close up as these. She looks great. Can't wait to see her next week.

Fabulous pictures! Thanks for sharing them.

Wow!!!!! She looks EXACTLY like the actress in the movie!!! That's amazing! Great pictures!

I was at DL last week and stayed to watch her entire "audience". I thought I'd just take a couple of pictures and move on, but I couldn't stop watching her and how she interacted with everyone. I'd say to put it on your "must see" list, especially if you've seen the movie. She is fantastic!

How long is she going to be there? We'll be at DLR from March 14th-17th.

ron808 said:
She's too pretty to look evil.

During an interview, Tilda Swinton who played with White Witch in the movie said that evil is most effective when it is beautiful.

Yes, that woman playing the White Witch is spot on (but Alice's Mum must remember what Lucy said - she's NOT the Queen of Narnia, she's just an evil witch who calls herself the Queen!).

I wonder what other Narnia characters they might put on? Aslan seems technically too difficult, and the children might not work. How about the beavers? They'd be great, and cute too!

The adult children.. ;).. They were only shown briefly so exact matches wouldnt be necessary.
how about a wardrobe..... lol j/k
the beavers would be awsome.. but might need very small people.
The Witch's evil cohorts would be very scary....
Tumnas would be great, but probably not feesable, same with the centaurs etc.

Tumnus would be superb, and probably not too difficult if they could work something out with the feet.

And the wardrobe would actually make a superb ride attraction - maybe they could update Alice to turn it into a Narni ride?

I am with the others. I cannot believe how much she looks like the actress in the movie. Now, I will need to get over really soon to see her. Where exactly should I look for her?

Hey everyone!!

KPeterso, as you walk into Sleeping Beauty's Castle, they present the White Witch on the right side in the corner, they have a small set up for her!

When I told Alice the White Witch was at Disney she didn't care how long the wait, she had to meet her...her times that she appears wasn't listed on the attractions list, I asked a cast member for the times and we were lucky to be 5th in line and we waited about 20 minutes for her to arrive. Once she does the line gets very long!

Great thread!

The pics of your DD w/ the White Witch are great! We aren't going again until October, but I can still hope that she will be making appearances--maybe with a few others.

I love the idea of a L,W & W ride too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter