Whispering Canyon

We were there in late August and still doing the same antics. We were one of the first dinner seatings though, so it was quieter because the restaurant wasn't even a 1/4 full. It's better if you get an ADR an hour or so after opening so the place gets a chance to fill up.

I wasn't overly impressed with the food this time and for that reason I'm thinking of taking this restaurant out of our usual rotation.

Interesting you mention the timing because I have been trying relentlessly to get a 5:00 ADR and can't get anything anywhere close to that time.

1) By DIRECT instruction of manager, the antics are to be downplayed.
2)- To many people who stay off the atrium complained.
30 There are some minor comic antics, but nothing like in the past.

NOTE:
The new Wilderness Lodge / Fort Wilderness General Manager said in a formal management meeting that she did not like Artist Point or Whispering Canyon.
Hence, the new pricing where Whispering prices went up overt 20% without a menu change, and the character dinner change at Artist Point.
Sad. Let’s start a viral campaign to get this person fired.

Sad. Let’s start a viral campaign to get this person fired.

What? Were you aware that neither of these restaurants were generating traffic? Yes, some diners, but not the number that is needed to keep restaurants viable. In addition, the folks who were guests of the lodge were treated to a ruckus that was not always welcomed.

I was once and done with WCC< and it seems I was not the only one. Artist Point was suffering, either from price, location or both. So fire the GM who is trying to find a balance and keep these restaurants opened?

I am never happy to see changes made arbitrarily, without reason or thought, however it seems to me that something needed to be done in order to rectify what was slowly becoming dead restaurants, and unhappy resort guests. But best to fire the person who stepped in to try to make a change rather than throw the baby out with the bathwater.

What? Were you aware that neither of these restaurants were generating traffic? Yes, some diners, but not the number that is needed to keep restaurants viable. In addition, the folks who were guests of the lodge were treated to a ruckus that was not always welcomed.

I was once and done with WCC< and it seems I was not the only one. Artist Point was suffering, either from price, location or both. So fire the GM who is trying to find a balance and keep these restaurants opened?

I am never happy to see changes made arbitrarily, without reason or thought, however it seems to me that something needed to be done in order to rectify what was slowly becoming dead restaurants, and unhappy resort guests. But best to fire the person who stepped in to try to make a change rather than throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Been to whispering canyon three times and each time it was full. Sorry you are wrong.

Been to whispering canyon three times and each time it was full. Sorry you are wrong.

I actually am not wrong . I may not be right for the times you visited, however this restaurant has had a reduction in census lately. That is a concern for management, and when you couple that with the complaints from resort guests, there is a problem. In order to be viable a restaurant needs to be viable EVERY service, not just random services, and needs to generate more than once and done guests.

This is something I know a little bit about, and while I sympathize with the folks who loved this restaurant the way it was, if the resort itself was suffering complaints, and the census was down, and revenue was down, a change needed to be made. Better to try to adjust and soar then insist on status quo and sink.

I actually am not wrong . I may not be right for the times you visited, however this restaurant has had a reduction in census lately. That is a concern for management, and when you couple that with the complaints from resort guests, there is a problem. In order to be viable a restaurant needs to be viable EVERY service, not just random services, and needs to generate more than once and done guests.

This is something I know a little bit about, and while I sympathize with the folks who loved this restaurant the way it was, if the resort itself was suffering complaints, and the census was down, and revenue was down, a change needed to be made. Better to try to adjust and soar then insist on status quo and sink.
I respect your opinion. Either way it’s been changed and so has artist point. Let’s hope for the better in the long term.

Interesting you mention the timing because I have been trying relentlessly to get a 5:00 ADR and can't get anything anywhere close to that time.

The restaurant was nowhere near full, even at the end of our meal. Maybe 1/2 to 3/4 full? Perhaps they deliberately don't fill up that early? Seems strange. Perhaps you're looking on a night that is much busier then when I went? This was late August for us, so a less crowded time overall.

Ok so I'm gonna go with the too loud for the hotel thing, not thought out well but is it that much louder than Chef Mickey's? yes I've been to both and stayed at WL twice never noticed a problem. So Keeping AP a signature & making WC the character meal is not the answer to the noise either.

Ok so I'm gonna go with the too loud for the hotel thing, not thought out well but is it that much louder than Chef Mickey's? yes I've been to both and stayed at WL twice never noticed a problem. So Keeping AP a signature & making WC the character meal is not the answer to the noise either.

And Disney must have agreed with you because AP is not a signature dining experience after November 10th, I believe. Beginning December 16 AP is a character meal, and WCC will remain the same, at least for now.

And Disney must have agreed with you because AP is not a signature dining experience after November 10th, I believe. Beginning December 16 AP is a character meal, and WCC will remain the same, at least for now.
Our best meal was a breakfast with extended family. My Dad, DH & BIL did I'm a little teapot so funny. To me it's very sad that they have to tone it down, same with 50's primetime. We had the full WCC expierence straws, Ketchup, pony races we all still talk about it years later total blast.

In all my times of visiting the WCC at dinner, I have never seen it without a lineup to get in. I have stayed there many times and have never seen nor talked to anyone in the lobby that was offended by the noise. Artist Point Was lacking traffic but not WCC

We are going in December for the 6th or 7th time. In my opinion it is hit or miss on the wild antics and I would suspect that is primarily due to the type of crowd that is in the restaurant at that time. The food, on the other hand, is consistently excellent for the price and that's why we will continue to go until that changes. We particularly like the steak and the desserts.

I was there for lunch a couple of weeks ago. They had a character representing a ketchup bottle. They said he is not there very often. Ketchup antics still happening, but not loud anymore.

BTW the participation disks have been gone for around a year or more.

I like the lunch menu and plan to keep this restaurant in my rotation for some trips, though not necessarily every time.

can you request (in advance of arrival) a "full" experience server?...I hate to bring my family there for "boring". I can do boring in my own home...and I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter