Whirlwind Food and Wine Weekend!

Geomom

DIS Veteran
A bit about us:
Travelling: DH (46), me (43), DD 13, DD 9
Disney trip dates: 10/11/13-10/14/13
Own at OKW--got BWV pool/garden view by waitlisting!
Celebrating our 20 yr. anniversary!pixiedust:
We have the Premium AP from that great discount last year!
Third trip this year--first time ever for doing 3 trips in a year.

Before the trip: 10/2/13: Our actual anniversary...we finally told the kids about this trip. I had a gift bag with new Disney theme shirts for all of us, the Magicbands, and the itinerary. Gave the bag to the kids to open. DD13 reads the itinerary and is all excited. DD9 looks at it and goes 'Again? I just want to relax that weekend.' (Not to worry...she came around, she just doesn't like flying.) Both kids love their Magicbands--I customized them with their favorite colors. Kids will miss 1 day of school.
Thursday 10/10/13: Kids go to bed in their Friday clothes as we have a 6:45AM flight the next morning. We pack DD13's 8th grade homework...what a lot of work for 1 missed day!

Day 1:
Friday 10/11/13: DH and I got up at 4AM to shower/get dressed. Woke kids up at 4:20AM and threw sweatshirts on them...it's 47F outside. Get going by 4:30AM. 1/2 hr drive to the airport in Manchester, NH. Check our luggage with Southwest and encounter the biggest line we've ever seen for security here...but it only takes 15 minutes to get through. Grab some breakfast from Dunkin Donuts and board Southwest. We had one of the 'fun' flight crews--the kind that reminds me why I love flying Southwest. Uneventful flight. DD 13 works on her homework. We land in Orlando 27 minutes early--and the crew reminds us to tell our friends this...since they know we'd tell them if we arrived 5 minutes late! At the airport, kids and I change into shorts. DH has been wearing shorts since he got up at 4AM. We all put on our Magicbands and head to Disney's Magical Express. Our Magicbands work! They scan them and we're put in line, then put on a bus. Boardwalk is the second stop. There is a greeter who meets us as we walk in, she takes our info, we sit in the lobby and she brings us our packet. We get anniversary buttons. Even better--our room is ready and it's only 11AM! Fantastic! We're in a dedicated studio on the 5th floor. (I like to passively make requests...just to see where we end up--when I did online checkin I had clicked 'near elevator' and 'high floor'.) That's what we got--2 rooms away from the elevator, top floor. Pool view. Wow, the dedicated studio has more room than the other studios! First time in a dedicated. We had a 'day bed'...really more like a big bench seat. Maybe a 3-5 year old would be able to sleep there, but that's about it...and you'd need something to keep them from falling off it at night. We enjoyed having it as extra seating. After exploring our room, we left our carry on bags there and headed to the Food and Wine Festival for lunch! Gorgeous weather--mid 80's and sunny! Walking down the boardwalk, I realized how much I missed staying here! I just love the way the boardwalk feels. Our Magicbands worked as tickets as well--really enjoying these! We grabbed a festival guide and Food and Wine passports--one for each kid and one for DH and I to share.

Lunch!
DD9: Greece: Spanakopita. Spanakopita is her favorite food--she loved this version!
DD13: Scotland: Seared Scottich Salmon with Cauliflower Puree, Watercress & Malt Vinegar. She loved it!
DH and I: Greece: Griddled Greek Cheese with pistachios and honey--I found it a little too oily and rather salty. Everyone tried a bite of it.
Scotland: Vegetarian Haggis with Neeps & Tatties. This was really yummy, much better than I expected. DD13 tried it and liked it as well.

Drinks:
DH--Scotland--Innis & Gunn Original beer--came in a plastic Festival keepsake glass.
Me--Desserts and Champagne--Moet & Chandon Nectar Imperial AND Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial. The Nectar was sweeter than the Ice...I should have had the Ice first with lunch foods and the Nectar with dessert.

Desserts:
Desserts and Champagne--we ordered 2 dessert trios--kids split one trio, adults the other. Trio consisted of Chocolate Orange Cupcake--very yummy--everyone liked it! Hazelnut Chocolate Cheesecake--another winner! Morello Cherry Pistachio Mousse--mixed reactions on this one--top layer was like cherry flavored jello...no one liked that layer. Middle layer was the pistachio mousse and that was good. Bottom layer had chunks of cherries and was pretty good...not sure it went with the pistachio though...

12:15Pm and 3 kiosks down! We decide to visit the Festival Center for the first time ever. Pass the Ocean Spray Cranberry bog on our way and get 4 free packs of Craisins. Yum! Walk around the festival center and check out what is going on...a tasting seminar is just getting out...hmmm...we need to try to get into this one later today if we have time. We stop at the Ghirardelli Chocolate Experience--everyone gets a free milk chocolate caramel square...and DH and I get extra for celebrating our anniversary. Yes! :cool1:We all ogle the chocolate sculptures...and then get sucked into buying chocolate. We got the fill your own tin for $12, some bars we'd never seen, and a Chocolate cookbook that DD13 wanted. We still have plenty of time before our first fastpass+, so we go on Spaceship Earth (I ride with DD13 who presses Deutsch as the language choice (this is her second year of German at school)...luckily I've been on this ride often enough to know what's going on), then we go on the Land ride...where I'm reminded that 'one' of these trips we really need to do the Behind the Seeds tour. When we get off the Land it's time for our 'Soarin' fastpass+. (I'm really really loving these Magicbands now!)

We stop at the Cool Spot and get some free 'world' soda to quench our thirst, then head back over the Festival Center at 3:30PM where we stand in line for the 4PM free tasting seminar--for Kerrygold Butter. princess:DD9 is ecstatic...she LOVES butter. They pass out tickets at 3:45PM--yay we got there early enough to get tickets! We sit right up front. 2 men from Ireland talk about Kerrygold, then lead us through tasting 4 types of butter--unsalted, spreadable, garlic and herb, and salted. We taste it plain and on crackers, then taste a shortbread cookie made with kerrygold butter. We all receive Kerrygold branded pens, plastic measuring spoons, and a coupon for a free kerrygold product. ***This tasting was so much fun--if anyone is at the food and wine festival while the Authentic tasting seminars are taking place--go to one, just make sure you're there at least 30 minutes early.***

Now it's time for our second fastpass+--Test Track. DD9 is worried about this ride. She went on it last trip and loved it...but she doesn't remember that...and yes, she went on it this trip and loved it. Silly girl.

We decide to just skip our third fastpass of Mission Space and go get dinner instead. :thumbsup2

Dinner (spaced out over 2hrs):
DD9: Argentina--Beef Empanada; China--Mango Silk Ice Cream Ribbon
DD13: Argentina--Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce & Boniato Puree; Singapore--Seared Mahi Mahi with Jasmine Rice & Singa Sauce; China--Mongolian Beef in a Steamed Bun (It tasted good, but it was not how we expected it to look...it was more like a Chinese taco--the thin bun was folded in half like a tortilla with beef wrapped inside it.)
DH and I: Argentina--Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce & Boniato Puree (yummy); Mexico--Taco de Rib-Eye with Salsa de Chipotle (spicy); Singapore--Lemongrass Chicken Curry with Coconut & Jasmine Rice (spicy)

Drinks (spaced out over 2 hrs):
DH: Mexico--Tequila Flight
Me: Argentina--Terrazas Reserva Malbec
Adults shared: Singapore--Singapore Sling--yummy but strong; China--Kung Fu Punch--tasty.

We stopped in Mexico to do the boat ride, stopped in Germany to visit the Karamel shop, and started heading to the International Gateway to go back to the Boardwalk. Park is getting much more crowded...especially near any beer kiosks, everyone is tired from getting up at 4AM, and DD9 is begging to go to the pool. Stop at the Boardwalk Bakery to get breakfast pastries. We're back to the room by 8:15PM. Hit the Boardwalk pool...which is surprisingly cold to us. Stay for an hour plus, then go to bed. Everyone is asleep by 9:45PM. DH and I are SO glad we didn't try to do the Halloween Party--it wouldn't have been worth it.

End of Day One--we hit 7 kiosks today...only 23 to go...:rotfl2:

Sounds like so much fun! I wish we had bought the PAPs last year. Instead, we went on a cruise and skipped a year at Disney - GASP. Don't worry we are making up for it by going twice this year and buying AP's for the first time. Can't wait to hear more about your trip. :)

Day 2: 10/12/13 Magic Kingdom Day pixiedust:
Everyone slept late today...had Boardwalk Bakery pastries for breakfast and managed to get onto a MK bus by 10AM. Bus stopped at Swan and Dolphin before heading to MK. Our first Fastpass+ is at 11AM, so we still have time. MK looks great with the fall/Halloween decorations. We stop at the firehouse to get our Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom cards...but since the last trip we didn't actually do the missions...they make us complete our missions before getting new cards. Okay...we've got 30 minutes until our fastpass+ times...so we do our 2 Sorcerer's missions--makes the kids happy as we didn't have time to do them last visit. When the missions are complete we split up. DH and DD13 have a Fastpass+ at Big Thunder. DD9 and I have one for Rapunzel. Both Fastpass+ work great. Big Thunder group walks right on, and decides to hit Pirates of the Caribbean while in that area. DD9 and I wait about 10 minutes to see Rapunzel and Snow White...much better than the 50 minute stand by line! The lines were always so long for Rapunzel that we'd never waited to see her. DD9 is ecstatic to meet her. Both Snow White and Rapunzel were very friendly and talkative. They signed books for both daughters. DD9 and I went onto the Carousel after seeing Rapunzel. I checked my phone to see where DH and DD13 are...'no service'...of course. We walk towards the meeting spot of Columbia Harbor House...don't see them, still 'no service'. We walk around the outside of the Rapunzel themed restrooms to check out the signs and her tower...walk back to Columbia Harbour House...check phone...ooh, I have service! I sent a quick text...look up and see them walking towards us. Yay! :wave2:

Lunch: Columbia Harbour House
Me: Garden Salad with Chicken
DH: Fried Fish and Chicken
DD13: Grilled Salmon
DD9: Chicken Nuggets

After Lunch we go on the Haunted Mansion, Small World, Tea Cups...and finally time for our second Fastpass+ of Winnie the Pooh! :cool1:

Feeling hot now...we stop at 'Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies' for...
Me: Mocha Coffee Float
DH: French Vanilla Coffee Float
DD13: Root Beer Float
DD9: Orange Pineapple Smoothie.
While drinking these we experience one of those Magical Disney moments...we're just relaxing outside the shop and 'Push' the robotic dancing trash can is performing right near us. It's not something we'd usually stop and watch...but perfect while you're resting. DD9 was entranced by 'Push.'

After our Float/Smoothie break we went on the Peoplemover, Carousel of Progress, and now it's time for our Buzz Lightyear Fastpass+. (Have I said how much I've enjoyed these Magicbands!) After Buzz, we stop at the Laugh Floor...where for once...no one is picked from our group. :rotfl:
After that we go shopping in the Emporium. DD9 gets her Halloween Minnie. (She collects plush Minnie Mouses every trip.) DD13 has her eyes on lots and lots of stuff...picking out stuff for friends and herself. DD9 and I head out of the store to walk around and look at the decorations. I hand DD9 my camera, which makes her happy. She takes a bunch of pics of the Fall decorations and the Princess Stories Window displays. I have a brainstorm...lets take a Christmas Card pic of the kids. They have the perfect photo spot set up with jack-o-lanterns around you and Cinderella's castle behind. So, yes, I took pics and 'should' be able to edit them enough to use for a Christmas Card pic.

It's 4:30PM...time to head out of the park to try and get to the Polynesian for our 5:25PM reservation at Kona Café. Before our trip, I'd read that the resort monorail might be down from 11AM-6PM for some Grand Floridian Villa walkway construction. 4:30PM on Saturday 10/12--resort monorail was running fine...got to the Poly before 5PM. :) Restaurant isn't even open yet! We do some shopping in the Poly shop. A cast member wishes me 'Happy Anniversary' and asks 'How many years?' When I reply '20', she says 'you don't look old enough.' Thank you! :worship:
I finally decide it's late enough to check-in for our ressie. We get a pager, wait 5 minutes, it goes off. It's our first time at Kona Café. Nice décor. Yummy, yummy pineapple bread and honey macadamia nut butter--we eat 2 loaves. To drink, DH gets a Lapu Lapu. (Yummy, but strong.) I get the Island Sunset...which to my surprise is a frozen drink...not what I was looking for. Tastes good, but too thick to have with dinner...I should've gotten a Lapu Lapu too...next time.
Dinner:
Me: Grilled Kona Coffee-rubbed Pork Chop, Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding, Braised Red Cabbage and an Espresso-Cranberry Veal Reduction (It was okay...I'm not fond of red cabbage and the bread pudding tasted like Thanksgiving Stuffing...and it needed more coffee rubbed on the Pork.)
DH: Sustainable Fish (Salmon), Swiss Chard, Forbidden Rice, and Hibiscus-Beurre Rouge (DH loved this, especially the Forbidden Rice.)
DD13: Pan-Asian NoodlesYakisoba Noodles, Wok-seared with Vegetables and Chicken in a Ginger-Garlic Sauce (A little spicy for DD, and she doesn't like peppers...so not her favorite either.)
DD9: Mickey Ravioli, french fries, make your own sundae

Desserts:
Adults split: Warm Apple Tart with Cinnamon Gelato and Bacon-Macadamia Nut Brittle (Waiter recommended the Tart...we found the apple tart 'eh', gelato was yummy...but DH called it medicinal with the amount of cinnamon in it. Best part was the brittle!)
DD13: Kilauea Torte: An explosion of warm liquid Chocolate inside Chocolate Volcano (came with vanilla ice cream. DD liked it but got full quickly...adults finished it.)

After dinner we went back to Magic Kingdom. Stopped at the firehouse to get our Sorcerer's cards now that we did the missions! We split up at the end of Main St.--DD13 and I went to Pirates of the Caribbean...and then bought her the Periodical Table of Pirates t-shirt in the store. DD9 and DH went to Dumbo so DD9 could go to the play area. (Well...she only got 10 minutes to play before their pager went off and they made them go on the ride...and then the ride had some issues...not exactly a successful Dumbo stop for them.) We managed to meet up near the Carousel. Philharmagic had the fastpass/standby times for some rides. Ariel said 60 minutes. Sigh...too long of a wait for that ride. I look at it again before we walk away and watch the sign change to a 10 minute wait. Yep. 10 minutes. We rushed over and walked right onto the Ariel ride! :woohoo:

When we came out DD9 just wanted to go back to the hotel and go in the pool. Really? Timing is not good right now...Electrical Parade has just ended and Fireworks will start in 30 minutes. Yep...it was as bad as I feared. Took us 20 minutes to get through the crowd on Main St. Dead stop for a bit...we're just trying to leave the park! We do finally get out of the park, take our bus back to the Boardwalk, change into bathing suits, and go into the pool for a bit. I LOVE that the Magicbands are waterproof and we don't need to put our room key anywhere. DD9 loves that SHE can get in our room by herself and not wait to be given a key. When we get to the pool there is 1 girl (maybe 10 yrs old?) in the pool with a squirt gun..squirting water around the pool. No parent in sight. We 'think' her parents may have been in the hot tub, along with her brother...but the parents wouldn't have been able to see the girl. :confused3 We decide to head to the other end of the pool to avoid being squirted. Of course...the other end is the 'clown face' end...which DD9 had no problem with...until she saw its' eyes lit up! :lmao: Oh well! Made her deal with it. I swam right up to the clown to show her there was nothing to fear. We spent a good hour at the pool, then off to bed.

End of Day Two! :wizard:

Day 3: 10/13/13 Hollywood Studios and Epcot

Original Plan: Morning/Lunch at Hollywood Studios, Afternoon/Evening and Fireworks at Epcot.

New Plan: Last night we had a discussion about today's plans. DD9 wants more time in the pool and both kids want to go to the Community Hall today. We decide to skip our 3rd Hollywood Studios fastpass+ of the Beauty and the Beast Show, after lunch we'll come back to the Boardwalk for some resort time, and try to go to Epcot at 4PM.

Our first fastpass+ is at 9:35AM--Star Tours. We manage to get out of the room at 9:15AM and walk over to Hollywood Studios. :cool1: Standby time is only 10 minutes...but we use our Fastpass+ and walk right on. Next, we walk down the streets of America and are awed by the fact that the lights are mostly strung for the Osborne Festival of Lights...just amazing how many lights there are! We've been there once around Thanksgiving and loved it...need to go back during the Christmas season someday! We go to the Muppets (which was closed during our last visit), then we do some shopping in the Muppet shop. I notice the Christmas shop nearby with the fake snowman/sled and pull the kids out of the shop for more possible Christmas card pictures! Kids complain...but I say, wouldn't you rather pose for a couple pics 'now' vs. the long drawn out process at home of getting 1 'good' picture of the 2 kids together. :rolleyes1 Our Toy Story Mania Fastpass+ time is at 11:10AM...we get there a little early, so shop at the little Toy Story stand. DD13 is looking for something Slinky Dog related for her social studies teacher. DH finds a Slinky Dog pin that is perfect! Aha, now we know what to get ALL her teachers--pins! :yay: The cast member at the store mentions that the Toy Story Mania paper fastpasses were gone by 9:30AM. Yikes! Really really glad we have our Fastpass+ for this ride! We go on Toy Story Mania...then decide to get lunch before heading back to the Boardwalk--everyone is hungry and DH and I weren't excited by the pool bar choices when we saw the menu last night.
Lunch: Studio Catering Company
DH: Buffalo Chicken Sandwich--needed more sauce
Me: Pressed Grilled Vegetable Sandwich--so yummy!
Kids: chicken nuggets
Dessert: Halloween special: Minnie Witch hat Carrot cake Cupcake--DH tried to order this after our order was placed...cast member noticed our anniversary buttons and gave it to us for free! Pixie dust! pixiedust:

We walk through the big store at Hollywood Studios before walking back to the Boardwalk.

Back at the Boardwalk...
We get into our bathing suits. DH gets us Pool Bar drinks (I had a Skinny Coconut Mojito...not sure what DH had.) I go down the Keister Coaster pool slide once for fun! Then we head over to the 'quiet' pool over by the Community Hall. We spend close to an hour there, then the kids (and us) play inside the Community Hall for another hour, head back to the room, get changed, and walk over to Epcot.

To Be Continued: One note...we really enjoyed today--this is how we 'should' be visiting Disney with the DVC and our annual passes--hit our must do attractions, enjoy the resort, etc.

Food and Wine, second pass!
Sunday 10/13/13:
We walk over to Epcot around 4PM, and turn right towards France and immediately get food and drink! :cool1:

France
Food:
Everyone tries the Escargots Persillade en Brioche--unfortunately DD9 has gotten picky...she ate this in 2011 and loved it because it tasted like garlic bread...even when her older sister told her she was eating snails! Ah well...she just liked the bread part this time, at least she took a bite!

Kids: Crème Brulee au Chocolat au Lait--yes they loved it!

Drinks:
DH: Eiffel Sour Cosmo Slush--good for a hot day!
Me: Sparkling Pomegranate Kir--good but I prefer the Kir Royale they serve year-round in France.

Japan
Food:
DD13 and DH split the California Roll
DH: Spicy Hand Roll

Drinks:
DH: Sake (Junmai Ginjo Yuki 'Snow')

Next we walk over to America to check out the Chase lounge--way too long a line to go upstairs, so we wait to hear the 'Voices of Liberty' which takes place outside on the patio today due to a private event inside. Afterwards we notice the line is shorter to go the Chase Lounge...we're hoping for firework viewing wristbands...but by the time we get up there they have 1 wristband left. Oh well. Kids enjoy getting all kinds of flavored soda/lemonade and they play a round of Disney Candyland before we head back out for more food. We find a bench in Germany and DH fetches us food. DD9 has gotten cranky and dislikes the look of most of the food...she does finally find a couple things she will eat. :confused3

Italy
Food:
DD13, and adults split: Ravioli de Formaggio all'Emiliana

Poland
Food:
DD13, DD9: Kielbasa & Potato Pierogi with caramelized Onions and sour cream. After the adults take away the onions and sour cream--kids devour this. Had to go back and get more for picky DD9 as this was the one thing she liked!
Adults: Zapiekanki--interesting...the house made ketchup had a nice spice to it...which meant the kids weren't even going to try it.

Drink:
DH: Okocin Brewery, Okocin O.K. Beer
Me: Frozen Szarlotka--yummy yummy--apple pie slushy--great for a hot day! I had DH get me a second when he went to get DD9 her second Pierogi dish.

Germany
DD9: Roast Bratwurst in a pretzel roll (Bratwurst was 3 times the length of the pretzel roll...it was long and thin...but DD9 loved the bratwurst!)
DD13: Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll and a few bites of our Schinkennudeln.
Adults: Schinkennudeln--mac and cheese with ham--tasted good but dd9 didn't like how it looked...picky picky picky.

Drink:
DH BraufactuM Darkon

We're all in a much better mood after getting food and drink. We walk over to America to catch the Eat to the Beat Concert--Manhattan Transfer. We sat all the way in the back, on purpose for the kids...but had some trees blocking DH's view. Good concert. :thumbsup2

After the concert we did a Phineas and Ferb mission with the kids--picked up the stuff in Italy and chose to go to Japan vs. Germany which is super crowded with beer drinkers now! It's now dark which makes it interesting to try and do this mission. Kids enjoy it though!

After the mission we decide to stake out a spot to watch the fireworks from. We decide to just sit on the bridge between France and the U.K. DH goes off to get dessert food.

Dessert:
Morocco:
Baklava for us all to split.

Ireland
Food:
Everyone: Warm Chocolate Pudding with Bailey's Custard--yes the kids absolutely loved this...I did too! ::yes::
Adults: Kerrygold Cheese Selection: reserve cheddar, Dubliner with Irish Stout, Skellig--also came with a fig chutney and a piece of bread. Really really tasty. Kids tried some of the harder cheeses and liked them!

Drink:
Adults: Chilled Irish Coffee with Bunratty Potcheen

Illuminations--other than the torch near us constantly going out and making it smell like gas...this was a great spot to watch the fireworks...and a nice quick easy exit to go back to the Boardwalk.

Boardwalk--on our way back we stopped to watch the end of one of the Boardwalk entertainments--good fun! Then back to the room to start packing to go home tomorrow. :sad1:

Food and Wine kiosks hit today: 7. Total for the trip so far: 14.

All our envelopes were under the door by morning--Magical Express pickup time (3:55PM), boarding passes, and room charge sheet. We do all our final packing, leave our carry on bags with bell services, check our 2 luggage bags with the resort airline stand...and walk over to Epcot for our last day.

Brunch:
Princess Breakfast at Akershus in Norway is booked for 10:45AM...we get there very around 10:20...told we could come back later or wait as it's early. We decide to just wait. DD9 is wearing her Belle dress. We wait maybe 15 minutes and get called in. Princesses we saw today: Belle, Ariel, Cinderella, Aurora, and Snow White. Haven't done the princess breakfast in almost 3 years...thought it would be a good time to do it while DD9 is still a 'child.' We all enjoyed the food--cold buffet with fruit, pastries, deli meat/cheese, capers, smoked salmon, etc. Hot plate served family style with cheesy potatoes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage. After breakfast we take off dd9's Belle dress and stuff it in the backpack so she can be comfy and cooler for the rest of the day.

After 'brunch' we stop to do the Mexico boat ride, then walk to the Festival Center to see if there's anything new--on our walk there we picked up more free Ocean Spray craisins from the 'bog'. In the festival center we stopped at the Ghirardelli Chocolate Experience and got more chocolates. Did a little more shopping for gifts for dd13's teachers and for dd9's teacher--got them all pins with themes befitting the subjects they teach. (All the teachers loved them btw!) :goodvibes

We walked back to the country area, stopped at the Refreshment Port to get me a Dragon Berry Colada (yummy!)--our final Food and Wine Festival stop. For those counting...total kiosks visited this trip is 15. Only made it to half the kiosks. Guess we need to take a longer trip during Food and Wine some year. :rotfl2:

Next we do something for the kids--a Phineas and Ferb mission. It's late enough now that we just want to stay in the France/UK area. Kids pick UK as their mission. It's a fun mission...the one where you get a golf ball in one location and then leave it in another. When we leave the FONE in the drop box, DH notices that there is no line to visit with Tigger and Pooh...so we go in, get autographs and pics. Pooh notices DD13's shirt--a pic of Pooh looking at a real tiger saying 'Is that you, Tigger?' Pooh laughs and points out the shirt to Tigger. I love it when the characters interact with us! Kids say they're hungry! We go over to the Patisserie in France and they get pastries for 'lunch'. DH and I are still full...although I do ask for a Grand Marnier Slushy and he very sweetly goes out to the normal France Wine Kiosk and gets me one. He also gets a Kir Royale. Yeah...we split both. Yummy yummy. Good way to end the trip.:lovestruc

Now we slowly walk back to the Boardwalk, enjoying the sunshine and the last bits of our vacation. Collect our carry ons from Bell Services. Board the Magical Express Bus back to the airport. (Always such a sad thing!)

Long line for security at the airport. We get put into the line with wheelchairs. They send DD9 and I through the metal detector, see dd13 and DH with us and let them through as well as they now have a big backlog to go through the backscatter machine. We get over to our terminal...and discover our plane will be an hour late. :rolleyes1 Too bad we couldn't have spent 1 more hour at Disney instead of the airport... Oh well. We head straight to Kafe Kalik, order drinks and dinner. DH walks over to McDonalds and gets the kids happy meals to make them happy. We do finally get on our plane, have an uneventful flight home, find all our luggage, drive home...and get the kids to bed by 11:35PM. They're going to be in great shape for school in the morning. :faint: DH took the next day off, so he can have a day to recover from...our Whirlwind Food and Wine Weekend!

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for posting your trip report! Sounds like you had a great time! Wish we could go to Food and Wine...never been!! One of these years...:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter