Which would you pick?

Which would you realistically choose?

• 4 night Nov 2-6 $3669 (1 stop Castaway and Lighthouse)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 6 night Oct 20-26 $5149 (2 stops Castaway and 1 Lighthouse)

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters

justme0729

DIS Veteran
I asked before I knew pricing about if you would book a 4 night with verandah or 6 night with oceanview with young kids (1 and 3). Well, I was able to score one of the very forward, large corner, technically non-family size, ocean view slanted porthole room with lots of extra space on both the 4 night and 6 night itineraries. Now I’m just wondering if you would realistically feel it is worth it to upgrade from the 4 to 6 night for $1482 for our family. The 6 night is a Halloween themed cruise and no theme on the 4 night. Is the extra day at castaway and the extra 2 nights worth $1482 in your opinion?

I asked before I knew pricing about if you would book a 4 night with verandah or 6 night with oceanview with young kids (1 and 3). Well, I was able to score one of the very forward, large corner, technically non-family size, ocean view slanted porthole room with lots of extra space on both the 4 night and 6 night itineraries. Now I’m just wondering if you would realistically feel it is worth it to upgrade from the 4 to 6 night for $1482 for our family. The 6 night is a Halloween themed cruise and no theme on the 4 night. Is the extra day at castaway and the extra 2 nights worth $1482 in your opinion?

Yes, just in general, IMHO, 6 nights is better than 4 - it gives you a chance to settle in, enjoy the ship and the destinations. I also think the private islands are great destinations when you are traveling with young children - especially with DCL, they are set up to accommodate families with young children and make it very easy for you to have an enjoyable day. Also, from a per-night, value point of view, the 6 night is a better value ($917 per night for the 4-night, $858 per night for the 6 night). 4 nights just isn't enough time, IMHO, to enjoy the ship and the destinations - I just did a 4-night on the Wish in October and, even with staying on the ship in Nassau, I feel like we didn't have time to enjoy everything the ship had to offer.

"Worth it" is tricky, because $1482 is a lot of money. But Castaway Cay is a great spot with young kids because it is more controlled and lower key than typical ports I've experienced. I found, when my kids were younger, that it was a great experience because of adaptability. If the kids are in the right mood, you stay on the island, and then when they turn into pumpkins you head back to the boat.

I also think the themed cruises are a lot of fun. Disney does a good job pulling out the stops for their events, and it's fun to see the ships uniquely decorated.

Finally, the upside to the extra two days is time to pace yourself (which I've found valuable with young kids). Check out the ship slowly, have a pool day, see a show one night & maybe an early bedtime another night, etc.

I'd look at what I pay per night for your family on other vacation trips you take (WDW for example) and is the extra 2 nights cruise at $741 per night ($1482 total) in that range or cheaper?

Basically what could I do vacation wise with that $1482? If what I can get for that outweighs 2 extra nights on a cruise I'd go with the 4 night. If it doesn't I'd roll my budget into the 6 night and enjoy the extra time on the ship.

I'd look at what I pay per night for your family on other vacation trips you take (WDW for example) and is the extra 2 nights cruise at $741 per night ($1482 total) in that range or cheaper?

Basically what could I do vacation wise with that $1482? If what I can get for that outweighs 2 extra nights on a cruise I'd go with the 4 night. If it doesn't I'd roll my budget into the 6 night and enjoy the extra time on the ship.
That’s a good way to think about it! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter