Which would you cut?

Everyone has different likes and dislikes. I hated Ohana. I would never go there again. Many people love Ohana and many people hate it. I would print all of the menus from the places you are considering and go through them and see if they have things your group will like. I meet my group for lunch before I plan on making reservations and we pass around the menus and we see who is interested in what restaurant, we then rank everyones choices so that we have the top picks and the alternatives. I also write down the hours of the parks so we will know where we will be so we can schedule the meal at or by the park we will be at that day.

I would cut Cape May since you are either staying at the WL or Poly. We do eat there when staying at BCV, and while I think it is fine, I would not make a special trip.

Hi all!! I have way too many dinner plans for our trip next May and am obsessing over them. lol. Which one would you cut based solely on our family dynamic and your experiences? Let's forget about price for the moment....

Myself, DH, DD6, DS4 and my inlaws

Chef Mickeys -
Ohana
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Biergarten
Cape May Cafe

I welcome any/all input!! Thanks!!

Based on your kids I would keep CM... Switch it to breakfast if you can... We enjoyed it.

I'd cut Beirgarten, I agree with PPs I'd rather snack round the world...

DH is a HUGE meat and potatoes guy he loved WCC

Cape May breakfast yes, CM dinner wasn't worth the extra 45mins to be seated wait for me...

My husband likes a sit down meal and my inlaws are older and will probably also need a sit down meal to relax a bit so I have to keep at least one Epcot meal. Thanks for all of the suggestions and recommendations. It looks like we will either do Chef Mickey's for breakfast or cut Cape May. I guess I'll be putting it to a vote with my inlaws and husband...but I know they will say that they are happy with whatever I pick...lol

- Just to cut one, hands down Chef Mickey. Bad food, bad service, chaotic and some of our worst character interactions.
- Agree Cape May for Character Breakfast.

Chef Mickey's. Our kids are too old for it now really, and the reviews just aren't that great anyway.

Dan

I would drop Chef Mickey's and switch 'Ohana to the character breakfast. Have the kids watch Lilo and Stitch before the trip!

Keep Beirgarten - love the food and the Ompah band is fun. And those huge beers!

Whispering Canyon's schtick is an acquired taste (I don't like that stuff personally!).

I would cut Biergarten, the music was cute, but I just wasn't into the food. For the kids, if they like German food then they will probably love it. It has been a while since I have been there but I want to say they didn't have the normal kids buffet like they offer at other places. If you have a picky eater you may want to pick somewhere else. Chef Mickey's isn't that bad, it's a buffet you pay to see the fab 5 not for the food.

Hi all!! I have way too many dinner plans for our trip next May and am obsessing over them. lol. Which one would you cut based solely on our family dynamic and your experiences? Let's forget about price for the moment....

Chef Mickeys -
Ohana
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Biergarten
Cape May Cafe

Chef Mickey's.
Unless those characters are vital, then it would be Cape May.

My one trip to Ohana was great but I got full too fast. Love the Biergarten.
I would cut Chef Mickeys.
I always book Cape May Cafe then cancel so can't provide input.

Been to Disney only a few times and been to chef mickeys twice for dinner. Once as a late teen boy and thought I'd hate it, but loved it. Just went as an adult in 2014, and loved it again (as did my 5 year old nephew). Is the food worth $50? Not even close! However we love the characters, the interaction, the fun dining experience, and the food is good to us (not $50 good though). We have a dinner ADR for February.

We went to Ohana for breakfast and while it was fun and good we nixed it for next year. Everything was good, just didn't seem as much fun. However, we are going to try it for dinner as their dinner (no character) items look good.

Chef Mickey's dinner was terrible but I would definitely want a character meal with your kids ages. I would drop Cape May and Chef Mickeys both unless they are for breakfast. I would consider picking up a Tusker House for classic characters and good food. And maybe add Crystal Palace, 1900 Park fare, or Ohana breakfast if you can get ADRs. But we are weird people that like character meals at Disney and do one almost every day of the trip.

Chef Mickeys now has brunch hours. I would see if you can do that instead of dinner there. Kids love the character interaction. That is what you are paying for!

Chef Mickeys - gross food.
Or Biergarten, but that's just personal opinion because I'm not keen on sharing tables!

I feel like I have to keep chef mickey. My kids aren't into Pooh, LILO,Stich or Alice in Wonderland so I don't feel like any of those other meals would work for us. I can't see my husband getting up early enough to eat pre-park opening at Tusker or Cape May and I would hate to spend "valuable" park time eating breakfast. I am now considering dropping Cape May all together and moving Chef Mickey to brunch on our last day. That now leaves me with a dinner opening. Considering Via Napoli for pizza. UGH!! Why am I so indecisive??!!

What Park or area are you looking to add a dinner. I highly suggest Teppen Edo in Japan. We also really like Liberty Tree Tavern in MK but I am not sure when it will open back up.

Chef Mickeys -
Ohana
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Biergarten
Cape May Cafe

Where are you staying? If you are making a special trip to Whispering Canyon Cafe I would cut it. The less running around gives you more time at the parks.
Are you planning on going to Cape May on your Epcot Day? If so then I would choose between it and Biergarten or you could go to Cape May for breakfast and go to Biergarten for dinner if you choose to cut one of the other choices. You may want to reconsider a pre park breakfast. There are advantages of doing so. You could get some great pictures of the World Showcase with no other people in them plus it would not take time out of your park day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter